McD looked pissed after the first question of the PC

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He gave an evil stare and talked about heart on the team. I think it was asshat Sullivan that asked "Do you feel like you got away with one there?"

Loved his response. He is still a bit too much like Jauron but he is growing on me.

Ive seen quite a few comparisons to Jauron and I just dont see it...at all. He is much more animated, Jauron just seemed like he didnt give a damn. Hated DJ and love the McCoach.

He gave an evil stare and talked about heart on the team. I think it was asshat Sullivan that asked "Do you feel like you got away with one there?"

Loved his response. He is still a bit too much like Jauron but he is growing on me.

I have heard this a few times. How does he remind you of ol' Dickey?

Jauron was a flat liner. This guy is intense. Im not sure where I see any comparison. This guy looks like hes wired 24 hours a day and if we needed a stop on a 4th and 1 and were out of LBs, he might strap a helmet on. Jauron was like a corpse they had to prop up

The comparison to Jauron lies in their philosophy on how to win in the NFL. In a nutshell, it's keep things close and find a way to win at the end. That's not necessarily a bad way to do it if you have a limited offense that can't build big leads and force the opposition to become one dimensional in second halves of games.

Jauron was a flat liner. This guy is intense. Im not sure where I see any comparison. This guy looks like hes wired 24 hours a day and if we needed a stop on a 4th and 1 and were out of LBs, he might strap a helmet on. Jauron was like a corpse they had to prop up

Whoever referred to him as "Skeletor", was spot on!! I did actually LOL at that one when I first read it years ago....McD draws virtually no comparison in my mind to "Skeletor"...not in demeanor, not in coaching style, and not in the way he manages the game (although he does need to get better at the time management aspect - though them trying one more play before the half despite the play-clock debacle, is a perfect of example of what Dickless Jauron would NOT have done...he would have kicked the FG with 20 seconds left).

Silly comparison.

McDermott has a commanding presence that the players can respect.

Jauron couldn't inspire a starving lion to eat a plate of prime rib.

I'm concerned about McDermott's game management skills but nothing else.

The comparison to Jauron lies in their philosophy on how to win in the NFL. In a nutshell, it's keep things close and find a way to win at the end. That's not necessarily a bad way to do it if you have a limited offense that can't build big leads and force the opposition to become one dimensional in second halves of games.

Besides a few teams, the whole NFL is like that now. Everybody is playing close to the vest, trying to stay close & get that break at the end. It is the way the NFL is played now, it is not just the Bills.

Besides a few teams, the whole NFL is like that now. Everybody is playing close to the vest, trying to stay close & get that break at the end. It is the way the NFL is played now, it is not just the Bills.

I agree. I think it's the dearth of QB talent that makes it that way.

Jauron never showed emotion on the sidelines. I've seen McDermott several times getting heated on the sidelines.

I think they are complete opposite. McDermott will kick your ass, Jauron will read motivational lines from "A Purpose Driven Life".

Its a reasonable question to ask by Sully and a good answer by the coach

I didnt see the PC, did anyone ask 1) who called that play at the end of the first half 2) who blow the coverage on Howard for that long TD pass.

And noting was me painful that a Dick Jauron PC, especially after one of those thrilling 20-13 loss where we punted well.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

You bring up a fascinating issue regarding how a team is built. The Bills have a number of picks in the first three rounds. Will one of them be used for a qb and playmakers on offense such as a number#1 receiver? If the franchise uses most of its primary picks to bolster the defense rather than address the offense then the comparison to a Jauron philosophy to football is fair, although the individual styles and personalities are different.

So far I like what McDermott has accomplished. One play stuck with me on how he is fully engaged and detailed oriented. One of our DBs unnecessarily hit the receiver when he was out of bounds. It wasn't an egregious act but the timing was very bad. The player came out and was called over by the coach. The coach wasn't yelling or making a scene. But it was very obvious that he was getting his point across that what the player did was irresponsible. This is good coaching.

You bring up a fascinating issue regarding how a team is built. The Bills have a number of picks in the first three rounds. Will one of them be used for a qb and playmakers on offense such as a number#1 receiver? If the franchise uses most of its primary picks to bolster the defense rather than address the offense then the comparison to a Jauron philosophy to football is fair, although the individual styles and personalities are different.

So far I like what McDermott has accomplished. One play stuck with me on how he is fully engaged and detailed oriented. One of our DBs unnecessarily hit the receiver when he was out of bounds. It wasn't an egregious act but the timing was very bad. The player came out and was called over by the coach. The coach wasn't yelling or making a scene. But it was very obvious that he was getting his point across that what the player did was irresponsible. This is good coaching.

A QB, number 1 WR and OG and a quality backup TE and depth at CB and LB should be addressed with our six picks in the first 3 Rounds.

Edited by The Jokeman

A QB, number 1 WR and OG and a quality backup TE and depth at CB and LB should be addressed with our six picks in the first 3 Rounds.

Agree in part. I wonder if they keep Glenn will they kick Dawkins inside? Richie has a couple more years in him.

Definitely see a QB day 1 and a WR. I also see them going for a RB round 2 or 3 if they see quality there.