Deonte Thompson

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or... you could say... why didn't they get an NFL receiver in here earlier? ;)

They took a guy off the street and immediately kept two of the other four WR inactive. That alone shows we were woefully ill prepared before.

No, I won't say that.

They've been making lots of good decisions and we are 4-2. No one had us doing this well and here we are.

No, I won't say that.

They've been making lots of good decisions and we are 4-2. No one had us doing this well and here we are.

I don't think anyone can not agree with the idea that we could easily be 6-0 as 2-4. All six have been pretty close games except maybe the opener. We lost the Bengals game in large part because of an insanely bad personnel decision by McBeane. They almost got burnt bad today for the same mistake, which they were lucky didn't bite them in the ass. They have been making a LOT of good decisions. I like them a lot and it shows. But not having NFL WR is a criminal shortcoming. Only having three or even four active NFL cornerbacks is a criminally bad decision. It cost them the game two weeks ago and the #4 guy they played they immediately cut. That shows how bad a decision it was. They did it again today only activating four corners. Everyone has five. Two got hurt. On one play they had to have Poyer playing CB because they only had four active. Luckily, Johnson came back and Poyer went back to safety. It could have been a disaster.

I'm not sure about this, but I think that Thompson wasn't invited to the combine. He ran a 4.31 at his pro day, which has noticeably more favorable numbers for its players.

Ah, that makes sense. To compare, Sammy ran a 4.4 at the Combine. If Deonte is comparable in speed, and considering his history with Tyrod, he could very well be a difference maker in the offense.

They need to bench Zay and just sub him in rather than leaving him out there on every play.

I don't think anyone can not agree with the idea that we could easily be 6-0 as 2-4. All six have been pretty close games except maybe the opener. We lost the Bengals game in large part because of an insanely bad personnel decision by McBeane. They almost got burnt bad today for the same mistake, which they were lucky didn't bite them in the ass. They have been making a LOT of good decisions. I like them a lot and it shows. But not having NFL WR is a criminal shortcoming. Only having three or even four active NFL cornerbacks is a criminally bad decision. It cost them the game two weeks ago and the #4 guy they played they immediately cut. That shows how bad a decision it was. They did it again today only activating four corners. Everyone has five. Two got hurt. On one play they had to have Poyer playing CB because they only had four active. Luckily, Johnson came back and Poyer went back to safety. It could have been a disaster.

You could go back and second guess virtually every teams decision making process. This team has outperformed everyone's expectations and the player personnel decisions have been a contributing reason to their successes.

You could go back and second guess virtually every teams decision making process. This team has outperformed everyone's expectations and the player personnel decisions have been a contributing reason to their successes.

You don't see the difference between what you just said, which is true, and only going into a game against a passing team, with four active CBs, one of whom wasn't even on your team three days earlier? And that guy gives up THREE huge plays late in the game, some of the very biggest in the game, and then you cut him two days later? You don't think that is substantially different than just second guessing an every day normal decision?

It's WAY different.

Before the Bengals game my friends and I were talking about it. How could they possibly go into this game with only three cornerbacks? Mabin was the fourth. Every team has five. You start three.

@PFF

Key stats and grades from the Bills win over the Bucs: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-buffalo-bills-30-tampa-bay-buccaneers-27/

DMxfWDjX4AA-Shn.jpg

Performances of Note: WR Deonte Thompson, 82.9 overall grade

Deonte Thompson only played 22 snaps, and while he didn’t play much, he made a big impact, catching all four passes thrown his way for 107 yards. Seemingly, every time the Bills had a big play, Thompson was the one who made it. He ended the day with a ridiculous 7.64 yards per route run, due to 107 yards on just 14 pass routes.

Deonte the man. Liked him when he was in camp. Didn't know he was that fast. And it is great to know that he is *&)&)(&(*!!! CRAZY now that Robert Woods is gone. We needed some of that - and more cow bell!

If he can stretch the field, Matthews play the slot and Zay round in to handling the other boundary we could have a fine receiving corp. Especially once we get my man Clay back!