Bills tried to move Dareus before the season. Open to it

Big Turk

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand wanting to trade Dareus. I mean, I'd prefer they continue to work with him and try to get him playing at an elite level again, that way at least they could maybe get a decent pick for him if they still decided he should be moved. I'm not sure if Dareus has the drive to be great anymore, after his big payday though. So I get wanting to move on.

But Glenn I just don't understand. Yeah he's got a high cap hit but other than that why trade him? Even then they'd be left with a large dead cap hit for a couple years IIRC, so they wouldn't be gaining back a ton of cap space right away anyways (and his cap hit drops to $12M after 2018).

I know availability is a big thing with this new regime. But Until this foot injury he has hardly ever missed a game. He has been a very reliable player, availability wise as well as his play on the field. Left Tackle's of his caliber are not exactly easy to find.

If Glenn is traded, it better be for an offer too good to refuse...

Wouldn't be surprised if the staff did some due diligence hearing offers for Glenn. Don't think he's a guy they've been actively trying to trade but I'm sure they took calls.

Rumor is they wanted a 1st and wont take anything less. I dont know how I would feel about that, franchise LTs are as hard to find as franchise QBs these days.

Rumor is they wanted a 1st and wont take anything less. I dont know how I would feel about that, franchise LTs are as hard to find as franchise QBs these days.

Probably some belief in the building that Dawkins can be that guy. But they also know that franchise left tackles are hard to come by so that's why the price is high.

If Glenn is going to play to form then there is no way they should trade him. His contract isn't outrageous, he isn't a trouble maker, and he actually puts 100% into his play.

I swear K Williams burned a timeout late in the game deep in their own end when Dareus wasn't sure where he needed to be on a 3rd and 10. Then Dareus jumped off on the next play, making it 3rd and 5. They should eat what they need to eat and move on. Guy doesn't show up enough and clearly doesn't act like a professional athlete.

I swear K Williams burned a timeout late in the game deep in their own end when Dareus wasn't sure where he needed to be on a 3rd and 10. Then Dareus jumped off on the next play, making it 3rd and 5. They should eat what they need to eat and move on. Guy doesn't show up enough and clearly doesn't act like a professional athlete.

I'm pretty sure it was because they were missing a d lineman but we won't know until it gets looked into. There we only 3 down lineman and it seemed like Dareus indicated to Kyle that someone was missing.

Glenn was a big part of our offense being able to move the ball today, I dont think hes on the table

I want to keep Glenn. A franchise left tackle is something that is paramount to success in the NFL.

Don't trade a known for what is thought to be a known but is still unknown.

Right. We need Glenn. I could see us dumpin 99 tho.