Parity in the NFL

Irv

I'm in a Last Man Standing pool. This year has been by far the craziest. There is almost no rhyme or reason who wins and there is no dominant team. Could this year be the year we break the curse? It seems like every team in our division is beatable. it also seems like they could beat us too. One play here or there could be the difference. That is why I like McDermott's attention to detail. It could be the game changer to making the playoffs.

Browns are 1-21 since 2016.

A lot of people thought the Browns were on their way to 4 or 5 wins before the season started. Thought they were going to start turning a corner this year. Same old Browns. A bunch of draft picks year after year doesn't mean much if you don't know how to use them. Hopefully that is not our fate too.

Parity right now is a illusion.

Some great teams are laying early season eggs, but will come around later in the year.

And yes, of course the league wants the pats in the sb... the zebras are Kraft's collective personal "gimp".

I would venture a guess that the teams we thought would win, will win their divisions. Does anybody actually believe the steelers, pats, and chiefs won't win their division? I doubt it.

I could not care less about the nfc. That only matters if we were to make the super bowl.

A lot of people thought the Browns were on their way to 4 or 5 wins before the season started. Thought they were going to start turning a corner this year. Same old Browns. A bunch of draft picks year after year doesn't mean much if you don't know how to use them. Hopefully that is not our fate too.

I'll confess I thought they'd win 4 or 5. I struggle to see a winnable game now. They probably nick one somewhere but 1-15 looks likely.... AGAIN!

Pats, Steelers, Texans, and Chiefs will win their divisions. AFC looks normal.

NFC is a little wild due to injuries. At the end of the year, same teams we expect will be in the playoffs.

Pats are half a game ahead, Texans look mortal and are injury plagued the Chiefs look like a classic fade down the stretch team.

6 weeks in this is simply not your usual AFC season.

Hard to buy into the parity argument when the same teams are on track to easily win their divisions again this year (Pats, Steelers, Chiefs, etc).

The only real question is what middle of the pack teams can sneak into the wildcard spots in each conference.

Hard to buy into the parity argument when the same teams are on track to easily win their divisions again this year (Pats, Steelers, Chiefs, etc).

The only real question is what middle of the pack teams can sneak into the wildcard spots in each conference.

Selective examples. Before the season most had Oakland wining their division, not the Chiefs. And I dont think anyone had the Rams winning theirs. Cowboys were headed to the Super Bowl will be lucky to make it to the playoffs as the Eagles are running away in their division. Atlanta faltering and Carolina is on top, the AFC South it a total toss up. Green Bay is likely out with Minnesota winning theirs.

No there is a lot of parity in the NFL, a lot of mediocrity maybe but it is slil parity.

The Pats have what, a half game lead?

If the NE game was any indication, while there is great parity in the NFL the NFL still wants the Patriots in the Superbowl.

The NFL will always favor their moneymakers. NE, Dallas, Pitt, GB etc. Even if they have to "wheel out" a 45 yr old Tom Brady...there's 20 teams the NFL could care less about and we're one of them.

Edited by LABILLBACKER