Destination Cousins: Nine Places Kirk Could Play in 2018

The Redskins quarterback could become the NFL's highest-paid player if he reaches the free-agent market in 2018. You like that?! Here are all the places he could land.

cousins_inlinenew_grid_o.jpg

Buffalo Bills

Why it could work

Tyrod Taylor's future with the team remains uncertain beyond this season, which could put the Bills in the market for a quarterback. Offensive coordinator Rick Dennison has ties to former Redskins coach Mike Shanahan, who remains one of Cousins' top advocates. Dennison was offensive coordinator under Shanahan from 2006 to '08. Of course, the Kyle Shanahan connection matters most, and that is not present in Buffalo.

Why it couldn't work

Taylor has generally exceeded expectations in Buffalo and could win the job heading into next season, especially if the Bills defy expectations by making a playoff run. General manager Brandon Beane has also talked up rookie fifth-round pick Nathan Peterman, who could be seen as an affordable developmental version of Cousins.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one in the league is going to make him the highest paid player.

I would love Cousins, but no chance in hell skins are letting him go if he continues to play this well all season.

Also Dennison will kill Cousins just like he does with every other QB he has worked with

Edited by Yeezus

I would love Cousins, but no chance in hell skins are letting him go if he continues to play this well all season.

If Mike Glennon can get $18M, then some team will overpay for Cousins.

Obviously would like a QB like Cousins no doubt....but price tag maybe too high.....I think if this offence continues the way its going without some very needed adjustments i can see this offence barely breaking out of the bottom 20 in the league....they will inturn just flip flop this thing entirely and start from bottom.......hopefully the first one to go will be dennison/castillo......

Also Dennison will kill Cousins just like he does with every other QB he has worked with

Should he be the highest paid player? No. Will he? Probably. Because that is the way contracts work. Just like Stafford is I believe right now

I disagree with this wholeheartedly.

Despite my opinion of cousins, he is a legitimate starter, and I wouldn't even mind if Buffalo made him the highest payed player.

Fact is, ANY qb worth a half a pile of dog **** would become the highest payed player in FA, and many teams would be wooing him.

Edited by Shotgunner

Obviously would like a QB like Cousins no doubt....but price tag maybe too high.....I think if this offence continues the way its going without some very needed adjustments i can see this offence barely breaking out of the bottom 20 in the league....they will inturn just flip flop this thing entirely and start from bottom.......hopefully the first one to go will be dennison/castillo......

wait, so we need a franchise QB ASAP, but only if he costs the right amount??? So if you have a mediocre starter at a value, is that better for you guys than making a franchise QB the highest paid player in the league? short of Joe Montana for veteran minimum money, what is it you want?

point being, if you are anti Tyrod, there are 12 or so QBs in the league you have to be willing to pay top dollar for regardless of what that does for your cap. If you are instead thinking of value, you have to at least consider Tyrod as a good option at his price tag. cant have it both ways...

Edited by Bill Murray

Tyrod has already proven to be far beyond help. I am pretty sure that is Peterman was given a chance to start we could REALLY see what percentage of our problems Dennison REALLY is responsible for.

Tyrod has already proven to be far beyond help. I am pretty sure that is Peterman was given a chance to start we could REALLY see what percentage of our problems Dennison REALLY is responsible for.

Three decent games, two bad games. Of course not having anyWRs last week isn't a problem. He's also responsible for how bad Ducasse is.

My biggest concern with Rico has nothing to do with Hotrod. It's that with pretty much the same OL and RB we led the league in rushing 2 years in a row. Now we can't open a hole for McCoy to rip Off a big one any more.

That said, I expect him back next year unless he quits.

My biggest concern with Rico has nothing to do with Hotrod. It's that with pretty much the same OL and RB we led the league in rushing 2 years in a row. Now we can't open a hole for McCoy to rip Off a big one any more.

That said, I expect him back next year unless he quits.

Ducasse should not be in there.

Three decent games, two bad games. Of course not having anyWRs last week isn't a problem. He's also responsible for how bad Ducasse is.

Tyrod's inconsistency and mediocrity go far beyond Ducasse or a lack of receivers.

Ducasse should not be in there.

Ducasse is not even qualified to play Canadian football.

I disagree with this wholeheartedly.

Despite my opinion of cousins, he is a legitimate starter, and I wouldn't even mind if Buffalo made him the highest payed player.

Fact is, ANY qb worth a half a pile of dog **** would become the highest payed player in FA, and many teams would be wooing him.

....LOL...the Fins shelled out 10 mil for quite a pile................

Cousins doesnt wanna play in Washington. He sure as hell dont wanna play for Buffalo so pick ur jaws up. Mark it right now, Cousins is going to SF to work with Shannahan.

That seems logical, but if SF has #1 overall pick, tough to shell out $70M Guaranteed( i think at least that) and +$30M/year when the top rated guy is there for the pickins.

OTOH, you spend for Cousins, trade down for beaucoup picks an really have an outstanding offseason.

"Taylor has generally exceeded expectations in Buffalo and could win the job heading into next season, especially if the Bills defy expectations by making a playoff run."

Mike Sando should stick to covering Seattle, because he certainly has no idea what's going on in Buffalo.