The United States Does Not Qualify for the World Cup

Elite Poster

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can think of three resolutions if it isn't too late:

1. Protest the game because they had to play two countries. I don't know much about soccer because it blows, but I think they could have beaten either Trinidad or Toboggan. Having to play them both sounds unfair.

2. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Hook up with another country that just missed and try to get in. USA & Chile?

3. Make up a new tournament like the NIT for soccer. Put it on FS1.

Personally I hope they don't do any of that stuff because I don't want to listen all Summer to how soccer is overtaking baseball and other sports and is on the rise in America. It's not. The only thing it can beat is the Chargers.

Personally I hope they don't do any of that stuff because I don't want to listen all Summer to how soccer is overtaking baseball and other sports and is on the rise in America. It's not. The only thing it can beat is the Chargers.

This was a "big game" last night and it was on ESPN the Ocho. Tells me all I need to know about soccer taking over baseball..,

Its a bummer. Im not a huge year-round soccer guy, but love the World Cup Tournament. It wont be the same without the US participating

As a big fan of the USMNT, it's kind of like, for a Bills fan, if the Bills bombed out so bad, they were not even allowed to play in the NFL next year. So, of course you knew they weren't going to win the superbowl,...you knew they probably would miss the playoffs yet again, but you still wanted to at least get to watch them play some games. But nope.

:bag:

Oh, well... :beer:

Edited by Cugalabanza

It's funny how sarcastically so many of you are talking about people not caring about a team on a Buffalo Bills forum....

You keep this attitude up, mister, and I'm gonna touch the ball with my hands.

As a big fan of the USMNT, it's kind of like, for a Bills fan, if the Bills bombed out so bad, they were not even allowed to play in the NFL next year. So, of course you knew they weren't going to win the superbowl,...you knew they probably would miss the playoffs yet again, but you still wanted to at least get to watch them play some games. But nope.

:bag:

Oh, well... :beer:

Our best performances always come in the world cup too...

If that. CONCACAF is a joke compared to UEFA.

They politically correctly set aside multiple spots at the World Cup for regions that don't deserve more than 1 team (if even that) so CONCACAF gets spots it clearly doesn't deserve by world ranking.

Losing to Trinidad & Tobago is like losing to Faroe Islands or Vatican City.

They politically correctly set aside multiple spots at the World Cup for regions that don't deserve more than 1 team (if even that) so CONCACAF gets spots it clearly doesn't deserve by world ranking.

Losing to Trinidad & Tobago is like losing to Faroe Islands or Vatican City.

It's not all that black and white. From top to bottom, obviously uefa tops concacaf. But in the last WC, Mexico, USA and Costa Rica all made it to the knockout rounds. Costa Rica won their group (over Italy, England and Uruguay) and very nearly made it to the semis.

I think Mexico and CR could do well next summer too. Honduras and (maybe) Panama, not so much.

I have no idea how Mexico and CR could do against the rest of the world.

I only watch European league and Champions League and the UEFA/South American qualifying rounds as a habit.

But if you have corralled all that PLUS Mexico and CR for ranking with some kind of credibility, hats off to you as a fan....