Josh Gordon opens up about extensive drug use, suspension

YoloinOhio

Since his name still comes up frequently here...

Browns' Josh Gordon opens up about his extensive drug use, his 90-day rehab, and his bid 'to get my life back' in mini-documentary.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/10/browns_josh_gordon_opens_up_ab.html

As of last week, he hadn't re-applied for reinstatement, but a league source said he planned to do so in conjunction with the release of the interview.

Gordon begins by reeling off all the drugs he's used and mostly denied since being drafted by the Browns in the 2012 supplemental draft.

"I've used alcohol on many, many occasions, Xanax on many occasions, cocaine several occasions, marijuana most of my life, codeine, cough syrup, methazine is very prevalent where I'm from,'' Gordon admit. "It's what I grew up using.''

The first time Gordon was suspended, for two games in 2013 for testing positive for codeine, he insisted it was from his doctor-prescribed cough syrup, and not the likely "lean'' or "purple drank'' that it really was.

After a DUI in 2014, he checked himself into rehab for two weeks, but insisted afterwards that he didn't have a problem.

"My first thought was, 'this is a publicity stunt,''' he told The Uninterrupted. "'This is just going to help the media deal with me. It's going to help the fans be able to deal with it. I don't know what they're so worked up for anyway.' I definitely wasn't listening. I definitely wasn't paying attention. 'Okay, it's a business move. Alright, cool let's do it.' I was there for like 14-15 days, it was a joke. It was pretty much a vacation. I had a bunch of good gourmet meals and took a little break and then got right back to work. And then led the league in receiving yards.''

Gordon also described the night before the 2014 season finale, when he was out partying, in part with Johnny Manziel, and missed the meeting and walk-through the next morning before the game in Baltimore.

"The 2014 season I was suspended 10 games for the DUI,'' he said. "I needed six games for it to count as fully accrued towards being a restricted free agent the next year. I was suspended 10, got to play the last five. The sixth game, end of the season, stayed out late but the thing is we had to be up in the morning for like a 7:30 team meeting.

"I didn't wake up until 10 o'clock, 10:15, coming out of a blackout, I'm getting a bunch of texts and calls, from coaches like 'where are you at, we're headed to the tarmac already.' I'm like 'aw sh--,' so drove up to the tarmac, and our general manager at the time, he kind of pulls me to the side and talks to me, he's like 'I'm sorry Josh, but you're not going on this plane.' I was watching the plane go off and it was like well 'f-- it, let's go home, let's party.'

Edited by YoloinOhio

Since his name still comes up frequently here...

Browns' Josh Gordon opens up about his extensive drug use, his 90-day rehab, and his bid 'to get my life back' in mini-documentary.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/10/browns_josh_gordon_opens_up_ab.html

No remember MajBobby stated it was an alcohol only issue right. We clearly cant believe what the player is saying.

Sounds like he's focused. Anyone that admits to all that. Things that everyone knew, but also to drugs that no one knew about. I'm guessing this kid might be ready to come back.

I'd take a flyer in him. Worst case, you can cut him

Interesting how he indicates that the Baylor coaching staff helped him cheat on drug tests. By interesting, I mean not shocking at all.

All the Brohios insisted he just drank a Bud Light on a flight and also had a contact buzz. Who could have known.

@joebanner13

So glad he said this. So many pundits have falsely said that he was out of football for weed. Now people know that entire narrative was BS

I believe that there is always a possibility that a person can turn his/her life around. It only happens IMO when there is a heart felt confession. That's not the only thing needed, but it is a requisite piece of the puzzle. Whether this qualifies or not, I'm not sure. If the Bills do their due diligence and decide he's being honest and will follow through with any help the Bills might offer/suggest in staying clean, I'm not opposed to giving him a chance. I'll let the Bills decide what they want though.

I know it won't happen but I'd sign this guy in a heartbeat if he's reinstated but that would be an admission of desperation by the Bills and go against what they are trying to in Buffalo.

Same reason they want Dareus gone ASAP.

I don't think they want Dareus gone.....they want him to play up to his paycheck.

If he doesn't then hes gone.