We could go 11-5 and it's not all that crazy.

Steptide

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every team on our schedule watch film. They have targeted stopping the running game and said, I dare you beat us passing. With TT's reluctance to throw down field and our exceptionally pedestrian wide receiver copr, it is unlikely we will score enough points week in and week to win 8 of the next 11 games. And I serious doubt our defense is going to score us a TD every week.

I'm not blaming anyone I am stating what is clear as you watch the game.

Our defense will keep us in most game games but even when they give the offense positive field position, they cannot move the ball consistently enough to take advantage of those situations.

There is a path to 10 and it's much straighter than I recall in some time. We need to get healthy this week and figure out the run game.

I expect the offense to improve just based upon the caliber of defenses we'll be facing the rest of the way. Either way they are in a much better spot than I thought they'd be and I'm having fun.

It's still early but this feels like a year where 9-7 will earn a wild card spot. Heck, both wild cards might be 9-7 with a couple division winners being 9-7 as well. 11-5 is very optimistic but not impossible. 9-7 does seem very doable if we assume we take care of business against the Jets, Colts and Dolphins twice we would only need to find two more wins between the rest of the opponents. This next game is a big one though. Old Bills would lose back to back games after a 3-1 start. This team needs to find a way to right the ship and get to 4-2 with what you have to still consider a very winnable game against the Jets after that to get to 5-2.

Keep in mind the toughest defenses on our schedule are past us and we came out 3-2. Theirs always hope

The Bills could easily win the next five : Bucs, Raiders, Jets & Saints (all at home) and the Chargers on the road. That would put them at 8-2, with two Miami games still on the schedule. Eleven wins is quite doable though any attempt (ANY attempt) to bring in some receiver would help show some seriousness.....