Worst WR corps ever? + collateral damage to DropZone Jones

BADOLBILZ

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He could hardly run before :P

He was a perfect fit for Chans spread offense as a 6'5 slot receiver . He wasn't a fit for most NFl offenses because he wasn't an X or Z receiver

He was a 4.54 guy with a low of 4.44. He could run. Not a huge speed guy of course but 4.5 at 6-5 is a dangerous player. He could get open, too.

He was a 4.54 guy with a low of 4.44. He could run. Not a huge speed guy of course but 4.5 at 6-5 is a dangerous player. He could get open, too.

Idk if he ever ran a 4.44 but he definitely was reliable when he was here. But Chan Gailey should get that praise. He knew how to draw up an offense and gameplan. Spiller, Freddie, Stevie , Fitz, Nelson , Chandler were ALL pretty successful under Gaileys offense. Never had a defense

No one officially tracks drops, hence it's not an official stat. If you think the Bills have only had 4 drops previously I've got some swamp land to sell you. I know the dislike for Tyrod is strong in you but it CAN be both the WRs aren't talent and this is a very bad group AND Tyrod played poorly this week.

I'm not sure why anyone would defend this WR group.

You are right about the drops because I guarantee you K Clay dropped more than one pass that was thrown his way this year. In fact, I'm pretty sure he has dropped every pass thrown his way this year with the exception of one. Gee, I wonder why Tyrod doesn't want to throw him the ball? It is amazing Tyrod would ever throw him the ball again.

This receiving corps is so bad, that I swear I saw Logan Thomas lined up as a wide out more than once in the Bengals game. WTF was that about?

When the best active receiver on your team is Brandon Tate - your friggin receiving corps SUCKS donkey dong!

Edited by PolishDave

Idk if he ever ran a 4.44 but he definitely was reliable when he was here. But Chan Gailey should get that praise. He knew how to draw up an offense and gameplan. Spiller, Freddie, Stevie , Fitz, Nelson , Chandler were ALL pretty successful under Gaileys offense. Never had a defense

Agree about Chan. I just think that any good offensive coach could have utilized a guy like Nelson as a #3 before he tore his knee up.

I like how everyone assumes if we had Sammy w would have won. It's a BS argument that simply isn't true. Hypotheticals are stupid in cases like this.

But you just assumed that "everyone" is making that assumption. So you = hypocrite And you just called yourself stupid dude. :lol:

Agree about Chan. I just think that any good offensive coach could have utilized a guy like Nelson as a #3 before he tore his knee up.

It really would need to be the right scheme. He doesn't and didn't project well to a Pro Styled I Form, singleback offense

In a spread scheme like he ran at Florida, and the spread offense that Gailey ran it's absolutely a match made in heaven. He needs to be in a predominantly 3-4 WR offense which there are few of in the nfl

But he would have been perfect for a GB or NO or the likes. He had limitations (hence undrafted) but he was solid. Donald Jones was still our Z receiver for 2 full years and that's ugly

It really would need to be the right scheme. He doesn't and didn't project well to a Pro Styled I Form, singleback offense

In a spread scheme like he ran at Florida, and the spread offense that Gailey ran it's absolutely a match made in heaven. He needs to be in a predominantly 3-4 WR offense which there are few of in the nfl

But he would have been perfect for a GB or NO or the likes. He had limitations (hence undrafted) but he was solid. Donald Jones was still our Z receiver for 2 full years and that's ugly

Yup. Jones was not really good. I thought Nelson was a McCaffrey the Elder lite.

Gailey is really good for maximimizing potential of marginal talents but not so good when he actually has really good players...which I find weird..

Wide receiver is so overblown. Even Tate is capable when the quarterback passes him the ball. It's up to the quarterback to make the right reads and give his receiver a chance at making a play on the ball. You rarely see that from our quarterback. How many drops did we see from the WR's today? I don't recall any.

I agree, that's why I said this Bears games is similar to what we are dealing with.

Glennon. Taylor.

Trubisky. Peterman.

Both teams have bottom of the barrel talent on offense.

Can Trubisky throw accurate passes and upgrade the players around him?Could Peterman?

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

I agree, that's why I said this Bears games is similar to what we are dealing with.

Glennon. Taylor.

Trubisky. Peterman.

Both teams have bottom of the barrel talent on offense.

Can Trubisky throw accurate passes and upgrade the players around him?Could Peterman?

The Bears are 1-3 with the lousy Glennon as starter. Time for them to see what their 1st round rookie QB can do. Not similar at all.

The Bears are 1-3 with the lousy Glennon as starter. Time for them to see what their 1st round rookie QB can do. Not similar at all.

So your saying a later rd QB that was pushing the starter in practice shouldn't get a chance because he's not a top 10 pick?

Seattle would've missed out on Wilson with that line of thinking.