Worst WR corps ever? + collateral damage to DropZone Jones

BADOLBILZ

Hey look at this. A call out post. Typical.

Lets see why could i have been quiet.

Hmmm

Dealing with Irma aftermath

And last week i was put on suspension because i was point out issues with the offense and apparently we have to just enjoy wins

It is a no name WR that does have flaws. But getting seperation isnt one of them, they get seperation

No they don't. And your so busy that you can't comment after wins, but only after a loss.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot was scheme playing to strengths - spreading the field horizontally if nothing else. It wasn't sustainable but it created some good days. Likewise we've seen some good days with Tyrod.

You beat me to it.

It came apart at the seams when teams realized that the Bills had no intention..........nor did Fitz have the ability........to throw the ball vertically.

Let's assume that the GM of an NFL team and the HC of an NFL team know at least as much about football as you do.

Let's also assume that the NFL these days is a passing league with extreme importance placed on the QB and passing game.

Let's further note Tyrod Taylor's obvious deficiencies as a passer and the team's decision to name him the starting QB again.

Now look at what the GM and HC did to our roster in terms of WRs this year as you note in your post.

You could almost argue they are trying to sabotage our passing game, couldn't you?

And in so doing, sabotage our chances for victory. Yes?

No?

It sort of speaks for itself.

Disagree.

1. They didnt sign Boldin expecting him to retire.

2. Impossible to predict Matthews injury.

3. No one expected Jones to be THIS bad. Or else we wouldnt have traded UP for him.

4. Impossible to predict Clay injury.

Boldin, Mathews, Clay, Jones is serviceable for a team that doesnt focus on the pass.

Jones and a steaming pile of Poo behind him is not effective or serviceable for any kind offense.

And the 1 million pound gorilla in the room: our run offense has been completely destroyed this season with the new run block scheme and its been compounded by the dropoff in explosiveness from our WR group.

Wide receiver is so overblown. Even Tate is capable when the quarterback passes him the ball. It's up to the quarterback to make the right reads and give his receiver a chance at making a play on the ball. You rarely see that from our quarterback. How many drops did we see from the WR's today? I don't recall any.

Really? I recall at least two. One from Zay and one from Clay.

No they don't. And your so busy that you can't comment after wins, but only after a loss.

I was here last week too. I even gave props this week.

However again when i hear the BS excuses it annoys me. And yes i will be here for two more hours and then will step away to take care of Irma stuff all week.

Because the Mods know what a crusade is.

Sure they do. What crusade am i on today Edited by MAJBobby

2011 was probably the worst before this group they were lead by Stevie but after that you had:

David Nelson

Donald Jones

Roscoe Parrish

Brad Smith

and some dude named Dereck Hagan who i do not recall at all

2012 was probably equally as bad too

Nelson and Jones played over their heads that year, though imo... and if we had 2011 Stevie right now, he would have gone over 100 today. Nobody could get open after Clay went down, and the D keyed on Shady. It's brutal how much we need WR help.

Boldin, at a minimum, had sure hands. Which is already leaps and bounds over what we have, unfortunately.

Boldins legs are as capable as Zay's hands. It's just not happening. The position has been neglected for such a period a time where they not only have to fix it but start from the bottoms. The Bills have nothing at WR. Nothing.

Boldins legs are as capable as Zay's hands. It's just not happening. The position has been neglected for such a period a time where they not only have to fix it but start from the bottoms. The Bills have nothing at WR. Nothing.

Dont disagree. They thought they started the process by trading up for Jones. But so far no good. Still early though.

This is worst WR corps the Bills have EVER fielded.

Worst in the NFL right now.......that is bad enough.........but the worst EVER fielded by this woeful franchise.........that took some doing by McDermott/Beane.

Two games lost already because of the Watkins trade..........and the collateral damage is also becoming very significant.

A second and third round pick were dealt to acquire the pick to select Zay Jones............and this kid is SHOOK to the core........might be the fastest any Bills player has ever needed a "change of scenery".

The bottom line is that Drop Zone was not prepared to be a feature WR.........he should have been eased in as a big slot against nickel and dime corners not starting early in the season against boundary 1's and 2's.

Additionally........with no concerted effort to acquire even a serviceable NFL quality deep threat........the formula for offensive success has been diluted resulting in an unrecognizable swill.

The key stat for Bills RB's was yards before contact.......that room was created mostly by stretching the D vertically thru the combination of Taylor's athleticism and his ability to get the ball deep to good deep threats like Watkins, Goodwin and Hogan.

Without that.......the league's second highest paid RB Shady McCoy looks like garbage averaging 3.2 ypc and no rushing TD's nearly 1/3 of the way thru the season....... behind what is MOSTLY the same OL still trying to do a lot of the same things that worked before.

This is a developing offensive disaster for a VERY OLD TEAM that was built to win now..........and McDermott is not oblivious to it........the second question of his PC was "why didn't you do more for your WR corps before the season?" and he was on it like he has been thinking about it a WHOLE LOT. It was bad enough not getting a legit #2 wideout in the winter/spring.......but then trading your #1.......awful.

Your takes are awful. Bills are 3-2 with all of the wins against division leading teams. One loss is against the NFC leading team by 3 points. The other against a very solid team on the second of a back to back road game without their 2 best receiving targets. Maybe you think the Bills should be 5-0 but that is as outrageously ignorant as this post. You need to look around the league brah, settle down and see how this plays out.

Your takes are awful. Bills are 3-2 with all of the wins against division leading teams. One loss is against the NFC leading team by 3 points. The other against a very solid team on the second of a back to back road game without their 2 best receiving targets. Maybe you think the Bills should be 5-0 but that is as outrageously ignorant as this post. You need to look around the league brah, settle down and see how this plays out.

True. But this one hurts because of the injuries. Cost the game.

This wr corps is pathetic. Bills lack playmakers at the position and Tyrod needs help like most NFL qbs do. Watching guys like Holmes and Klay play significant minutes this year tells you everything you need to know about this group. That said, Tyrod needs to play better for this offense to be successful.

With Matthews out, Clay being lost early, and Jones looking like a rookie, yes the receiving corps is bad. Not much you can do when your top-2 receivers are out and your rookie is playing like ****. Oh and your QB refuses to throw to guys who are open.

Charles Clay is not a WR........he has chronic knee and back issues so expecting him to hold up to heavy use was unrealistic (though he had been defying the odds).

This is about the WR corps.

Matthews is a good Big Slot receiver.......but not many teams want one of those.....if they are going with a big player there they want a TE..........it's not a position anyone is spending on because it's a vertical passing league.........which is why the Eagles had to throw him in for free in the Darby trade despite the fact that he put up solid numbers in a weak Eagles passing attack.

They'd seen enough......they had a QB they thought was better suited to throw the ball downfield so they got some wideouts and dumped him.

Calling Bado's takes bad is lazy. He has had a couple bad ones for sure but for the most part he is on point. This one is off track but ehhhh

We spent 2 firsts and then some on Sammy, a 2 on woods, 3 on Goodwin, a 2 and 3 for zay, traded a starting corner for Matthews, not to mention all the day 3 picks/trades

What's an appropriate amount to invest?

A lot of people thought this receiving group would be solid this season. Numerous people predicted very solid number from Zay Jones in particular. They said he'd easily replace Robert Woods production from last season and that Matthews would replace Sammy.

Those people were a little off base.

To be fair who the heck thought Zay would struggle this much? He has struggled so much it is becoming comical. And also, Matthews is supposed to be a huge part of our receiving threat. Just like when Sammy would be out, when Matthews is out we are going to feel it.

Just for the record through 4 games (before today) Bills have had 4 drops.

For comparison OBJ has had 4 drops himself

Apparently statistics lie because Zay has easily had 4 drops by himself before today.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

To be fair who the heck thought Zay would struggle this much? He has struggled so much it is becoming comical. And also, Matthews is supposed to be a huge part of our receiving threat. Just like when Sammy would be out, when Matthews is out we are going to feel it.

Apparently statistics lie because Zay has easily had 4 drops by himself before today.

Not according to people that track these. And track all the teams the same, which gives a good comparison on what QBs are hurt by their WRs dropping numerous Balls.

SSHhhh, how dare you say it's Tyrods fault at all you must be a hater because that doesn't go with their agenda to point the blame at everyone but Tyrod. Tyrod was great today he had to hold the ball because there was nobody to throw to, the line didn't help with blocking, the OC had another bad game plan. I feel so bad for Tyrod his talent is so wasted here, if he had a WR like Watkins I bet we would be SB bound. Did you see he only had one INT today and that wasn't his fault either the ref gave him a wet ball.

Yes like the Logan Thomas Whip route. He held the ball way to long and then airmailed th throw after trying to get Thomas to go up the field because he didnt throw it on time. But i am sure people will say it was Thomass fault.