Again, how can a switch to Peterman be any worse?

Yes there is such a thing as ruining a raw QB rookie.....wasnt this the big argument back and forth with the ageless EJ debates (BBMB)....to some degree he was rushed in too early too yes.....you think peterman will have astounding better results? Are you flippin kidding me this poor kid is likely gonna have his career ruined before it even starts...this guy will be clobbered so bad behind our line as it is plus who the hell is he gonna throw to? We have zip for WR's.....suddenly Jones will be able to hold onto catch balls?

EJ flopped man get over it. It's not the start of the season so he already sat a few. As for our WRs we don't know how they are or can be because our QB can't either connect to them or throw to them. Our line was fine last season I blame the QB for holding the ball way to dam long. I have confidence in the kid he looked very poised in the preseason and his quick release was 10xs fast then anything Tyrod can do. I think Peterman can turn into a KCousins success story. It would be nice to have the luxury to have him sit and learn but having a Tyrod as a starter he needs to be rushed along so he is more ready for next season against our top drafted QB, I want to know he can start while our new rookie sits and learns a few games next season. Just my opinion Edited by xRUSHx

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ flopped man get over it. It's not the start of the season so he already sat a few. As for our WRs we don't know how they are or can be because our QB can't either connect to them or throw to them. Our line was fine last season I blame the QB for holding the ball way to dam long. I have confidence in the kid he looked very poised in the preseason and his quick release was 10xs fast then anything Tyrod can do. I think Peterman can turn into a KCousins success story. Just my opinion

Without Matthews and Clay, we have the worst WR group in the NFL. No one even debates this, except you. With them it is bottom five.

I know everything is doom and gloom right now, and I'm all for Peterman starting, but with our schedule coming up, the bills could be 5-2 and theirs no way they'll bench Tyrod. Our schedule looks much easier than originally anticipated

That Cinci game looked easy till Tyrod showed us what we really have.

EJ flopped man get over it. It's not the start of the season so he already sat a few. As for our WRs we don't know how they are or can be because our QB can't either connect to them or throw to them. Our line was fine last season I blame the QB for holding the ball way to dam long. I have confidence in the kid he looked very poised in the preseason and his quick release was 10xs fast then anything Tyrod can do. I think Peterman can turn into a KCousins success story. Just my opinion

Pre season means nothing. The Bills are 18-16 with TT. Real games. The situation with this offense is the worst possible scenario to throw a rookie in.

I've only been here for a few months so I wouldn't have seen that.

Also, I don't block anyone unless they tell me I'm terrible for never seeing an episode of Game of Thrones.

Man that's a great show

I've never seen it either and so many people say I'm crazy for not watching lol

It draws you in man, very good show. HBO on demand Edited by xRUSHx

Our line is bad because of the scheme installed by castillo (or whatever his name his)....last year the line was way better with the old coordinator....maybe thats why our running game suddenly turns into crap....mccoy has not be effective in the last 4 games....yes they are stuffing the box (they did that last year as well)...fix our line (diff scheme or maybe the same one last year and dont be making Miller a health scratch?? for Duchese really?).......the offence woes is a combined effort...trying to place it on only 1 player is not true at all....

.....from the D&Cs Maiorana.......very telling......

â–º Key stat: Taylor is now 2-16 in games where the Bills trail by four points or more at any time in a game. What this says is that the Buffalo quarterback has historically not gotten the job done when the Bills need to rally to win games. This was a shining example.

This is my ONLY concern with Hotrod but it's HUGE.

This has happened often, but he did well enough vs Carolina to do it if you know who had caught you know what.

That Cinci game looked easy till Tyrod showed us what we really have.

Who thought the Cinci game was easy? Their defense is fifth or sixth in the NFL. AJ Green-hey a real number one WR. But according to you, Tate should perform the same with a "franchise" QB. Dalton will probably take a swap.

Our line is bad because of the scheme installed by castillo (or whatever his name his)....last year the line was way better with the old coordinator....maybe thats why our running game suddenly turns into crap....mccoy has not be effective in the last 4 games....yes they are stuffing the box (they did that last year as well)...fix our line (diff scheme or maybe the same one last year and dont be making Miller a health scratch?? for Duchese really?).......the offence woes is a combined effort...trying to place it on only 1 player is not true at all....

I don't agree man with it being the scheme, I tend to think it's because teams are now putting everything at stopping our great running game and making Tyrod be a QB. When a QB doesn't throw the line has to hold them a lot longer and we are now seeing it fail bad like in the Trent days when he also played like a deer in headlights holding the ball forever, throw the dam ball. This scheme is designed to get rid of the ball quick with a quick decision on where to go with it but Tyrod is not doing that.

Who thought the Cinci game was easy? Their defense is fifth or sixth in the NFL. AJ Green-hey a real number one WR. But according to you, Tate should perform the same with a "franchise" QB. Dalton will probably take a swap.

Tate did just fine. Everyone did (WR/TE; except Zay, of course) when the ball were catchable.

The end of the first half and the end of the game were terrible for Tyrod. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. That's most peoples' knock on him. He's the anti-clutch. And he proved it again yesterday.

The defense got him the ball back and he suddenly forgot how to throw accurate passes.

It was a very bad game for him, altogether. Didn't put up any numbers when we needed them. Took stupid sacks. And missed too many guys who were open.

He'd been doing well up until yesterday. Unfortunately, what we saw yesterday is a lot of what we've seen over the past 2+ years.

Oh, well. Just 11 more games, maximum, with him. And we can all move on.

This is my ONLY concern with Hotrod but it's HUGE.

This has happened often, but he did well enough vs Carolina to do it if you know who had caught you know what.

Are you saying Zay was supposed to run his route facing the inside as opposed to the outside away from defenders? I am skeptical.

Watching the replay, he was wide open facing the outside, and had to adjust to catch it on his opposite shoulder.

https://i.imgur.com/hKk68UW.png

Tate did just fine. Everyone did (WR/TE; except Zay, of course) when the ball were catchable.

The end of the first half and the end of the game were terrible for Tyrod. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. That's most peoples' knock on him. He's the anti-clutch. And he proved it again yesterday.

The defense got him the ball back and he suddenly forgot how to throw accurate passes.

It was a very bad game for him, altogether. Didn't put up any numbers when we needed them. Took stupid sacks. And missed too many guys who were open.

He'd been doing well up until yesterday. Unfortunately, what we saw yesterday is a lot of what we've seen over the past 2+ years.

Oh, well. Just 11 more games, maximum, with him. And we can all move on.

He had Matthews the last two games, and Clay the whole game.

I don't agree man with it being the scheme, I tend to think it's because teams are now putting everything at stopping our great running game and making Tyrod be a QB. When a QB doesn't throw the line has to hold them a lot longer and we are now seeing it fail bad like in the Trent days when he also played like a deer in headlights holding the ball forever, throw the dam ball. This scheme is designed to get rid of the ball quick with a quick decision on where to go with it but Tyrod is not doing that.

We dont have an above average QB....thats the reality.....same last year but were very effective with the best run game in the league...it balaced itself very nicely to a top 10 offence....it was unfortunate rex had our defence in the bottom 3-5 of the league....our scheme last year allowed room to open up for our RB to get seperation and run like hell....diffenent offence line scheme and now we are one of the worst or getting to it in running the ball......yeah scheme is the reason not our QB...fix the oline and this offence will improve....we dont have a rogers-brady whatever.....those are the only guys who can work with what we have in front of them and maybe...maybe work it out....I like O'Learly but come on he was our top target last week! O'Leary..a TE...he did very good but not made to be a WR...

Are you saying Zay was supposed to run his route facing the inside as opposed to the outside away from defenders? I am skeptical.

Watching the replay, he was wide open facing the outside, and had to adjust to catch it on his opposite shoulder.

https://i.imgur.com/hKk68UW.png

I'm saying he should catch the football when it hits him in the freakin' hands.

The game winner TD catch for the Cheese yesterday was a much harder catch than that. That's what NFL WRs do.

Do you think that pass was too hard for Zay to catch?

Where was the concern last season when the offense scored enough points and the defense was the problem?

We all knew the defense was the problem the last 2 years. Now we are seeing the offense is the problem. You spend so much time talking about the past when we are all focused on this year.

We dont have an above average QB....thats the reality.....same last year but were very effective with the best run game in the league...it balaced itself very nicely to a top 10 offence....it was unfortunate rex had our defence in the bottom 3-5 of the league....our scheme last year allowed room to open up for our RB to get seperation and run like hell....diffenent offence line scheme and now we are one of the worst or getting to it in running the ball......yeah scheme is the reason not our QB...fix the oline and this offence will improve....we dont have a rogers-brady whatever.....those are the only guys who can work with what we have in front of them and maybe...maybe work it out....I like O'Learly but come on he was our top target last week! O'Leary..a TE...he did very good but not made to be a WR...

I see what your saying man but I think they can make do with what they have, this wasn't suppose to be a playoff team this year. The D took off running along with our STs,kicker, I think Tyrod needs to either step up and do better in this scheme or he needs to go. I'd rather take steps back and let everyone get used to this scheme that will be used primarily next season over mashing all these schemes together in a simplified manor to help pour little Tyrod move the chains. This is the 3rd OC that had to change up his own system to help Tyrod, my god man enough already in my opinion. Tyrod is one of those special kids you just can't make happy unless it's only his way.

I see a big benefit in learning this system now for next season. Scraping it could hurt next season knowledge of it because once again it will all be new as oppose to having a year under there belts in it. Trust the system but yet change it, then change it back.

I'm just having trouble understanding why they got rid of Lynn then if they wanted Tyrods special system run.

Edited by xRUSHx

...hell I know that 'Fig......I'm asking a question and probably did a lousy job of stating it......how do you see it?..........

The right thing to do is how McD appears to be approaching the situation. So I don't see Peterman getting on the playing field unless their carrying Taylor off and I respect the way its being handled for many reasons.

Myself personally, although Its a really tough call to make and my love for chucky might be of influence when i say ,"If I'm HC McD I'm debating giving this most NFL ready Peterman kid a shot after the bye week."

i'm just saying...

Edited by Figster

We all knew the defense was the problem the last 2 years. Now we are seeing the offense is the problem. You spend so much time talking about the past when we are all focused on this year.

I talked yesterday about how bad the WR corp is, and you didn't like that. Sal M and Bob Matthews are discussing this now and they say this is the worst WR group in Bills history.

I talked yesterday about how bad the WR corp is, and you didn't like that. Sal M and Bob Matthews are discussing this now and they say this is the worst WR group in Bills history.

Worst in the league by far now and still worst in the league even without the current slew of injuries......one of the old timer fans noted something interesting.....i read this earlier somewhere.....saying this is indeed worst WR corp in history of bills francise however the 1973 year came pretty close......pretty much tells you everything we need to know......we are 3-2....the world is not collapsing...im giving the coaches the benefit of the doubt and wait until after the bye week to see what our offence will look like.......

Worst in the league by far now and still worst in the league even without the current slew of injuries......one of the old timer fans noted something interesting.....i read this earlier somewhere.....saying this is indeed worst WR corp in history of bills francise however the 1973 year came pretty close......pretty much tells you everything we need to know......we are 3-2....the world is not collapsing...im giving the coaches the benefit of the doubt and wait until after the bye week to see what our offence will look like.......

They need Matthews back. Playing TB at home should help.

Philly who?

Is he a Buffalo Bills player?

And our #1 and #2 WRs yesterday were Kaelin Clay and Zay Jones based on snaps.

But he was re signed last week. And he does have more catches than the guy I pointed out that's all

Kaelin Clay is better than Brown in the coaches eyes and they cut him

Edited by Buffalo716

Are you still being a hypocrite and dishonest poster? The only thing I had to say about you mentioning how bad our WR unit is was that you repeated it in several threads but also decided to make an attention seeking thread about it when the topic was already being beaten to death.

Congrats, you can cherry pick 2 throws in 5 games. Is that who Tyrod is consistently? No, its not and thats kind of the point.

Bang, our WRs can't friggin get open down the field. Or stone hands Jones ends up dropping the football like he did at the end of the Carolina game or on that embarrassingly clumsy 3rd down play last week.

Everyone keeps saying they just want to see Taylor throw the football, but multiple times yesterday even during the game the broadcast guys were commenting on how none were open on a disturbing number of plays.

Now that Dennison knows Clay is out along with Matthews I hope he schemes our guys open somehow.

Per Rodak

After throwing 37 times in Sunday's Bills loss to the Bengals, quarterback Tyrod Taylor now has a 1-11 record in games in which he has thrown at least 30 times.

Mike Rodak

ESPN Staff Writer

Tyrod Taylor's 63.6 passer rating in Sunday's loss to the Bengals was the third-lowest of his 34-game career as the Bills' starter. Taylor's two worse games came against Oakland and Arizona last season.

Bang, our WRs can't friggin get open down the field. Or stone hands Jones ends up dropping the football like he did at the end of the Carolina game or on that embarrassingly clumsy 3rd down play last week.

Everyone keeps saying they just want to see Taylor throw the football, but multiple times yesterday even during the game the broadcast guys were commenting on how none were open on a disturbing number of plays.

Now that Dennison knows Clay is out along with Matthews I hope he schemes our guys open somehow.

At some point you have to throw the ball and see if your guy can make a play. He has to try and make due with what he has. And I dont care if Zay has had issues with drops, I would still like to see him targeted in hopes he can get out of his funk and start to produce. Right or wrong, Tyrod is going to be judged for the product he puts out there regardless of who he has around him. Thats just the nature of being a starting QB in the NFL.