PinOak

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So 1 loss is not the end of the world,

or season...

No, not at all. I'm saying being 3-2 is not convincing me that this team is real. I said the same thing at 3-1.

Because we will Bills around, lose to NE twice, drop a winnable game or two and be 8-8 in blink of an eye.

Exactly. I've been here before. Like 17 times before.

No, not at all. I'm saying being 3-2 is not convincing me that this team is real. I said the same thing at 3-1.

The defense is real though. I feel we can win any game with this defense. Just need some playmakers on offense.

Nver had back to back wins like the last two weeks, since the 90's. A healthy offense today and the Bills are 4-1.

So the loss today is not the end of the world,

or season...

No it's not but today showed just like in the Carolina game that while Tyrod is an excellent athlete he is a pedestrian QB. He'll have some great throws but more often then not he will have throws where the receivers have to adjust so greatly that it causes the potential gains to be shorter then they really should be if they were on the mark, or in some cases don't even hit the mark at all. The defense as great as it's playing can only carry them so far.

The offense should be embarrassed. Tyrod can't put 3 good games together if his life depended on it. He's just too inconsistent. Dawkins and Vlad played badly. Lots of drops and poor throws. Dennison struggled with play calling. If we don't find some wr's and olineman soon we're looking at 7-9.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

Nver had back to back wins like the last two weeks, since the 90's. A healthy offense today and the Bills are 4-1.

Any other QB then Taylor and we may be 5-0. In our 2 losses our offense combined for 19 points while our defense gave up a combined 29. Thats great work by the D and terrible work by the offense. You can blame the WRs all you want, they arent doing well. At the same time the QB rarely attempts to throw them the ball, never has. Until Taylor starts giving these guys more opportunities they will continue to struggle because they hardly see the ball.

Our offense has not been asked to do much at all this season thanks to our defense.

Edited by BananaB

No it's not but today showed just like in the Carolina game that while Tyrod is an excellent athlete he is a pedestrian QB. He'll have some great throws but more often then not he will have throws where the receivers have to adjust so greatly that it causes the potential gains to be shorter then they really should be if they were on the mark, or in some cases don't even hit the mark at all. The defense as great as it's playing can only carry them so far.

Protecting the football and playing good D is to be expected IMO.

Myself personally, I have no problem with McD's formula for winning football games.

This board is completely unreadable after a game. This is the team we expected to see this season.

Starting Peterman in week 7 is not going to fix anything. Taylor isn't a good quarterback, either. Neither has any WRs or TEs to throw to. McCoy can't do everything.

The only way this team wins is if the defense holds up over four quarters and the offense can hold the ball long enough to occasionally score and give the defense a breather. The offense will not carry this team to a win, unless they're playing an exceptionally poor defense.

In the meantime, we should be drafting 1-2 quarterbacks in 2018 with the expectation that they will compete with Taylor and Peterman for the starting role in 2018.

Any other QB then Taylor and we may be 5-0. In our 2 losses our offense combined for 19 points while our defense gave up a combined 29. Thats great work by the D and terrible work by the offense. You can blame the WRs all you want, they arent doing well. At the same time the QB rarely attempts to throw them the ball, never has. Until Taylor starts giving these guys more opportunities they will continue to struggle because they hardly see the ball.

Our offense has not been asked to do much at all this season thanks to our defense.

I dont think Taylor played well but he didnt drop passes, take holding penalties, allow the Bengals to score on long pass plays, ect. The whole offense sucked. I dont think another QB would have made a huge difference. Play calling is too conservative and the offensive line isnt getting it done.

Last season his excuse was the defense isn't terrible and we make the playoffs.

This year it's the opposite and his excuse is the WR's.

One thing is for sure, and it's that he will surely never list TT as a reason why this team loses.

Crusade anyone?

It's laughable if the lack of WRs are not the main argument. And O line problems, and no Clay. But the guy is supposed to be a magician, more than what other QBs could ever do with what was on the field today.

He didnt have much to work with but he was still bad today.

Last season his excuse was the defense isn't terrible and we make the playoffs.

This year it's the opposite and his excuse is the WR's.

One thing is for sure, and it's that he will surely never list TT as a reason why this team loses.

Crusade anyone?

Yes the crusade would be you. You haven't been here for two weeks under some victim post. Taylor has a bad game and as predicted... here you are.

Tyrod had a bad day but Im not following todays wind. He's awful. Hes the man. He's awful. He's the man.

Anyone who thinks the wind blows in Petermans direction is kidding themselves. This team goes as far as TT. That might not be the playoffs but Peterman wont take them further than Tyrod, and hes not the guy of the future.

Yes the team needs a QB. No he's not on the roster.

Edited by BeginnersMind

I dont think Taylor played well but he didnt drop passes, take holding penalties, allow the Bengals to score on long pass plays, ect. The whole offense sucked. I dont think another QB would have made a huge difference. Play calling is too conservative and the offensive line isnt getting it done.

Taylor hardly gives these guys opportunities. He has little to no anticipation at all. When do we see WRs getting the ball out of their breaks? When do you see him give guys a chance while in man on man coverage? When do you see him climb the pocket and throw the ball?

You cant expect these WRs to improve and gain confidence if they hardly ever see the ball. I agree everybody has made mistakes, but so has Tyrod. Seems everybody want to make excuses for Tyrod and pu the blame on all his teammates. If Tyrod played better himself, all these guys might be doing better also. Taylor is the guy taking the snaps, hes making the decisions, hes throwing the ball.

Zay was targeted 3 times today. Bad drop, nice catch and bad throw. How does he gain confidence after that? How do any of our WRs gain confidence if they hardly ever see the ball?

This hasnt been just this season, this has been a problem every year. The players keep changing but the results are the same with Taylor.

Taylor hardly gives these guys opportunities. He has little to no anticipation at all. When do we see WRs getting the ball out of their breaks? When do you see him give guys a chance while in man on man coverage? When do you see him climb the pocket and throw the ball?

You cant expect these WRs to improve and gain confidence if they hardly ever see the ball. I agree everybody has made mistakes, but so has Tyrod. Seems everybody want to make excuses for Tyrod and pu the blame on all his teammates. If Tyrod played better himself, all these guys might be doing better also. Taylor is the guy taking the snaps, hes making the decisions, hes throwing the ball.

Zay was targeted 3 times today. Bad drop, nice catch and bad throw. How does he gain confidence after that? How do any of our WRs gain confidence if they hardly ever see the ball?

This hasnt been just this season, this has been a problem every year. The players keep changing but the results are the same with Taylor.

You can't win starting special teams WRs.

Not sure Peterman is ready, but the lack of offensive production has been mainly due to TT. Those last few plays were some of the worst we've seen from him.

Of course, missing Clay sucked. Dropped passes and holding penalties didn't help.

But the open passes that are left on the field are all on Taylor and would've made a big difference today. He's gotta get the ball out to those open WRs.

Time after time TT failed to pass the ball and hang on to get sacked.

The one play the announced said he got greedy and missed the receiver.

Instead of pointing the route he should have made the pass.

+3 in turnover differential till that last drive

Their 2 starting cornerbacks injured.

Defense is stacking the box trying to stop the run.

This sounds like a recipe for a really good outing from Taylor, but he just failed to produce anything.

Tyrod is somewhere between bad and mediocre. For a mobile quarterback, he gets sacked an awful lot. He isn't a great passer, doesn't often see the open receiver. He isn't clutch in the fourth quarter. His best attribute is that he doesn't throw interceptions (aka doesn't lose the game for you).

Accepting Tyrod's play is accepting mediocrity

You can't win starting special teams WRs.

who the hell is Wentz throwing too? I cant name any of his receivers. Only about 10 elite receivers in the league. 32 teams 2 starters, 64 receivers, 54 who really arent game changers. gimme a break.

more excuses. Fricken Clay was open all of last season and all of a sudden Taylor has finally found him this year, to the point where people have dismounted the Clay is trash bandwagon from last season and jumped on the, wow, this Clay guy is a beast, bandwagon.

If Tyrods 1st read isnt wide open, its happy feet time. least last year he ran when his first read was covered. now we get a mobile QB pretending to be a pocket QB who cant read the field and is now taking sacks.

know why Brady is good? he can make any run of the mill receiver look like a pro bowler. Welker, Edelman, fricken Hogan..... how does Brady do this? by throwing them open and being accurate. not rocket science.

This sounds like a recipe for a really good outing from Taylor, but he just failed to produce anything.

Tyrod is somewhere between bad and mediocre. For a mobile quarterback, he gets sacked an awful lot. He isn't a great passer, doesn't often see the open receiver. He isn't clutch in the fourth quarter. His best attribute is that he doesn't throw interceptions (aka doesn't lose the game for you).

This is bang on. Great post.

TT is the Tofu of players....he simply takes on the taste of those around him....unable to stand out on his own and change to direction of his units play...he is simply along for the ride....

I am not making excuses for Taylor. I dont think he played well at all. He made some bad throws and then didnt make throws when he should have. All the blame cant be laid at one persons feet. The whole offense needs work

who the hell is Wentz throwing too? I cant name any of his receivers. Only about 10 elite receivers in the league. 32 teams 2 starters, 64 receivers, 54 who really arent game changers. gimme a break.

more excuses. Fricken Clay was open all of last season and all of a sudden Taylor has finally found him this year, to the point where people have dismounted the Clay is trash bandwagon from last season and jumped on the, wow, this Clay guy is a beast, bandwagon.

If Tyrods 1st read isnt wide open, its happy feet time. least last year he ran when his first read was covered. now we get a mobile QB pretending to be a pocket QB who cant read the field and is now taking sacks.

know why Brady is good? he can make any run of the mill receiver look like a pro bowler. Welker, Edelman, fricken Hogan..... how does Brady do this? by throwing them open and being accurate. not rocket science.

Not rocket science at all. It's crazy right?? No matter how many head coaches, GMs we see pass through the turnstile, no one has figured out you just need to draft a hall of fame QB with your 6th round pick and call it a day. Fools I say...

Tyrod is a better version of Flutie. Big heart and fun to watch. Probably not the long term answer. But neither is Peterman so we have to use him while he's here.

Rams: Let's see, Gurley, Sammy, Woods and the "franchise QB" that took a zillion picks to get their hands on. Well, they put up a whopping 10 points. Hell, TT can do that. Point is (i) all teams have down days offensively and (ii) Sammy is not the automatic cure for the offense. We should stay the course. Let McBeane pick a QB if they like the value and build the roster. We will get our weapons - that we are competitive this year is a gift. And I would not rather 4 wins than 8. I think it is far better for the part of the roster that is already here to believe we are not that far away. Once you have Cleveland levels of suck it is very hard to pull up.