TNF: Pats at Bucs

YoloinOhio

Wow. I guess we do look at players with completely different eyes when they aren't Bills. I had no opinion on Winston going into this game but I thought he was dreadful, in both halves.

I don't think I do. I think I look at them absolutely the same. It is just when I type a summary of a Tyrod performance you choose to focus on the negative things I say whereas when I type a summary of another Quarterback you seem to focus in on the positive things I say.

My summary of Tyrod v Falcons - "solid display, still some inconsistency, bad throw that contributed to the Matthews injury" you chose to focus in on the bad throw point and tell me my standards are too high.

My summary of Winston v Patriots - "awful first half, good second half, let down by drops and his kicker, poor decision and throw on the final play" you choose to focus in on the positive and imply that I am more forgiving of him than Tyrod.

I think both of those assessments are fair and balanced. You can disagree with me on Winston's second half, that's fine, but I am not saying I thought it was good because I'm somehow invested in Jameis Winston. I am saying it because that is what I saw.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The one major positive I see in our matchup with them. In the past it's seemed every time we feel like it's rolling and they might be vulnerable, they cram it right down our throats with a power back we can't tackle and it's a demoralizing loss.

With Gillislee as their "power" back, I don't think their offense is capable of that anymore. They are still capable of the annoying "get them in 3rd and 6 yet they find a way to move the chains" type of drives, but it looks like the backbreaking physical element of their offense is not there.

Gronk as a late scratch on a short week certainly didn't help matters. Tampa's safeties were both hurt. Last night was the type of game where a healthy Gronk and the vertical element in the middle of the field would have likely meant touchdowns instead of field goals and Jameis was off his game enough there would have been balls up for grabs, potentially turning it into a 38-13 type of game.

The other major positive I like is the undisciplined penalties. It's really odd seeing them on that team, but it's refreshing. Back to back roughing the QBs. It's frustration. They're not dominating.

the 2-1 Bucs (who beat the Bears and Giants, woof), miss three field goals and are still in it on the last play of the game in NE's red zone. Then nfl.com throws up three articles: the Pats have turned a corner, The Patriots bounce back, etc. Please. This team has proven nothing. This is the least threatening they've been in a decade.

AP_17279102815664.jpg?itok=pEdublB1

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't think I do. I think I look at them absolutely the same. It is just when I type a summary of a Tyrod performance you choose to focus on the negative things I say whereas when I type a summary of another Quarterback you seem to focus in on the positive things I say.

My summary of Tyrod v Falcons - "solid display, still some inconsistency, bad throw that contributed to the Matthews injury" you chose to focus in on the bad throw point and tell me my standards are too high.

My summary of Winston v Patriots - "awful first half, good second half, let down by drops and his kicker, poor decision and throw on the final play" you choose to focus in on the positive and imply that I am more forgiving of him than Tyrod.

I think both of those assessments are fair and balanced. You can disagree with me on Winston's second half, that's fine, but I am not saying I thought it was good because I'm somehow invested in Jameis Winston. I am saying it because that is what I saw.

I saw Winston look lost and hesitate making throws. Yes he hit a few and had the Bucs in position to win if not for their kicker, but he didn't make me forget about Aaron Rodgers. In fact he displayed many of the problems that some here say disqualifies Tyrod Taylor from being the Bills QB going forward. It reeks of a double standard.

AP_17279102815664.jpg?itok=pEdublB1

maxresdefault.jpg

Honestly the best part about our schedule is getting to play them late. Let them get dinged up and beat up. Also, we're usually in a small season stride until they wreck us in Oct. I like that we will have our **** together by the time Dec rolls around. If you can't beat them then, maybe you don't belong in the playoffs in the first place.

Do you think Tampa Bay should draft a 1st round QB no matter what next year? Since they don't have a guy that has shown he can win a Super Bowl without incredible talent around him.

No, I don't at this stage. He is a still a very young kid and I think the parts of the game he struggles with are correctable. But at the end of next year if he hasn't shown more signs that he can do it with the contract decision looming then yes I would look if there are options there. You will actually see I have adjusted my position on drafting one in the first the past couple of days... not because of Tyrod as much because the risk that I outlined all offseason of this "super class" falling off a bit looks like it might indeed be realised. I would still take one if one I liked fell to me.... but there is nobody there at the moment I am willing to move up for.

My view is entirely consistent. I don't give big contracts to middle of the road QBs. I said it on the Dalton deal, I said it on the Tannehill deal, I said it on the Kaepernick deal and if that is what Winston looks like by that point I will say it then as well.

I saw Winston look lost and hesitate making throws. Yes he hit a few and had the Bucs in position to win if not for their kicker, but he didn't make me forget about Aaron Rodgers. In fact he displayed many of the problems that some here say disqualifies Tyrod Taylor from being the Bills QB going forward. It reeks of a double standard.

I promise you it is not a double standard. It is a genuine difference of opinion on how he played 2nd half. Why do you think I would say I thought he played well if I didn't think that?

No, I don't at this stage. He is a still a very young kid and I think the parts of the game he struggles with are correctable. But at the end of next year if he hasn't shown more signs that he can do it with the contract decision looming then yes I would look if there are options there. You will actually see I have adjusted my position on drafting one in the first the past couple of days... not because of Tyrod as much because the risk that I outlined all offseason of this "super class" falling off a bit looks like it might indeed be realised. I would still take one if one I liked fell to me.... but there is nobody there at the moment I am willing to move up for.

My view is entirely consistent. I don't give big contracts to middle of the road QBs. I said it on the Dalton deal, I said it on the Tannehill deal, I said it on the Kaepernick deal and if that is what Winston looks like by that point I will say it then as well.

I promise you it is not a double standard. It is a genuine difference of opinion on how he played 2nd half. Why do you think I would say I thought he played well if I didn't think that?

I think if you look around the league at least half the teams are uncertain about their QBs being the "franchise QB." Take Dak Prescott. His game against the Rams last week was a lot lie our loss against the Raiders last year. He enters the 2nd half up 24-16. He only leads his team to 6 points in the 2nd half. On the day just 250 yards on 36 attempts. His last play was a 4th down where he checked it down to Zeke short of the sticks.

The inconsistency that Tyrod exhibits is true of every QB in the league out of the top 5 or so. If every team looked at their QB the same way some Bills fans look at Tyrod, they'd all be drafting a 1st round QB next year.

If Taylor had missed so many throws so badly there would have been no limit to the rage and indignation. You definitely wouldn't see this milquetoast "some good; some bad".

It would be screeching fury-style contempt. So, yes, a double standard....

Also, newsflash : Winston "left some plays on the field". So did Brady.

Edited by grb

+1

If Taylor had missed so many throws so badly there would have been no limit to the rage and indignation. You definitely wouldn't have see this milquetoast "some good; some bad".

It would have been screeching fury-style contempt. So, yes, a double standard....

Also, newsflash : Winston "left some plays on the field". So did Brady.

The inconsistency that Tyrod exhibits is true of every QB in the league out of the top 5 or so. If every team looked at their QB the same way some Bills fans look at Tyrod, they'd all be drafting a 1st round QB next year.

I'm sorry I simply do not buy that there are only 5 Quarterbacks around the league more consistent than TT. That just isn't true. On Dak I will say 2nd year in the league. I am not sold on Dak as a franchise QB yet... but it is too early to think about moving on they have him at a bargain price which allows them room to

The difference on Tyrod before anyone says "it's only year 3 starting etc" is that you haven't got 4 years of rookie QB contract evaluation time, so the timetable simply isn't the same. That's the reality. It is a no brainer to have TT as our QB this year on this contract. But we are not going to keep getting him at $9m a year.

Wow what a joke of a game. The Pats once again get all the lucky breaks. Is it not enough that they won their last 2 SBs because of luck and poor coaching decisions by their opposition? But the luck just keeps on coming. Folk missing those FG's and then the bonehead TB coach thinking that somehow that Folk is in the right mindset for a good onside kick? Which of course was predictably terrible. All I could think of was that Folk was the kicker who BEAT US on Monday night with the Cowboys with a clutch FG and great onside kick. But NOOOOO the Pats get him at his cratering of his skill level because luck follows them everywhere. So sick of this of this crap.

Brady was getting his clock cleaned last night. Willing to take on more hits than usual as well. The offense doesn't look the same without Gronk/Edelman

At some point that 40-year-old body is going to start to break down with the hits he is now taking.

the 2-1 Bucs (who beat the Bears and Giants, woof), miss three field goals and are still in it on the last play of the game in NE's red zone. Then nfl.com throws up three articles: the Pats have turned a corner, The Patriots bounce back, etc. Please. This team has proven nothing. This is the least threatening they've been in a decade.

I just saw their front page and I'm wondering if the NFL actually watched the game last night. That was no "bounce back" by any stretch. Give Tampa a slightly more competent kicker and the headline reads "TB is for Real," which is equally ridiculous.

Never would have thought it, but I'm not sure the Pats* have it easy vs. the Jets at this point.

Surprised watching Brady drag his ass up after every hit. Dude doesn't look right.

I just saw their front page and I'm wondering if the NFL actually watched the game last night. That was no "bounce back" by any stretch. Give Tampa a slightly more competent kicker and the headline reads "TB is for Real," which is equally ridiculous.

Never would have thought it, but I'm not sure the Pats* have it easy vs. the Jets at this point.

Surprised watching Brady drag his ass up after every hit. Dude doesn't look right.

I think the Jets cover