[closed]So much for the 5-11 predictions.

BmarvB

Sorry to disappoint those who thought we'd go 5-11 or 4-12 but that looks unlikely now. How about revisiting those predictions. I'm staying with 10-6 although with the Patriots showing their age on defense, There's a chance of winning the division with a 12-4 record.

Your thoughts?

Sorry to disappoint those who thought we'd go 5-11 or 4-12 but that looks unlikely now. How about revisiting those predictions. I'm staying with 10-6 although with the Patriots showing their age on defense, There's a chance of winning the division with a 12-4 record.

Your thoughts?

Why didn't you find the predictions thread and add this to it?

That's the only thought that came to mind right away.

I said 7-9/8-8. I did think 5-11 was possible but that it was the floor for this team. I now see 7-9/8-8 as the floor. Ceiling is 11-5. I think 9-7 looks very possible and with the head to head over Denver could that just about be enough for a wildcard??? Maybe.

I said 7-9/8-8. I did think 5-11 was possible but that it was the floor for this team. I now see 7-9/8-8 as the floor. Ceiling is 11-5. I think 9-7 looks very possible and with the head to head over Denver could that just about be enough for a wildcard??? Maybe.

Wild card is looking good at this point if they can keep it going. Those injuries are going to be an issue, and we're still going to need more from the WR group.

Why didn't you find the predictions thread and add this to it?

That's the only thought that came to mind right away.

Why rub it in on those guys? They're already eating crow :lol:

Before the season started, I said I would be happy to have a better record than last year, 8-8 possible, but not sure 9-7 was. I am starting to "trust the process" and see weekly tweaks and improvements. My concern is depth and injuries. Would like to see the Bills trade one or two of those many draft choices. Don't t think they can improve much via free agency or promotions from practice squad.

Your thoughts?

We're not winning the division unless Brady tears his ACL. Let's stop the nonsense on that front.

We're not winning the division unless Brady tears his ACL. Let's stop the nonsense on that front.

Agreed. If they lose tonight, however, it gets a lot more interesting. I don't predict it. I think they win by ten or more. But it would get interesting if Bellichick can't fix a way to fix that defense. They have lost a lot of players.

I was a 4-12 to 5-11 guy, just due to talent deficiencies, knowing that the long term gain (early-round draft picks) was worth it. But after watching these past 4 weeks, I think the ceiling (while VERY unlikely - that's why it's the "ceiling") is 12-4, I think ANYTHING less than 9-7 would be considered a colossal failure after seeing the way we've played so far. This isn't the flukey "good starts" that we've had in the past where we rode Fitz's hot streak but were ultimately a very poorly-coached team. I think 10-6 is more realistic. As another poster pointed out, that win against Denver could end up being huge in a wildcard tie-breaker.

My concern would be injuries. A long term injury to one or more of Taylor, McCoy or Clay could leave us in serious difficulties. I know this argument could apply to other teams but the depth of our team (especially offence) does worry me. The other concern I have is how we will react to our next defeat. You only need to look at last year to see that when we lost after winning 4 straight, the wheels well and truly came off. Having said that, I feel this team is different, but only time will tell. Anything above 9 wins would be a fantastic season IMHO.

Agreed. If they lose tonight, however, it gets a lot more interesting. I don't predict it. I think they win by ten or more. But it would get interesting if Bellichick can't fix a way to fix that defense. They have lost a lot of players.

The Pats can be outscored, They don't have the defense they once had. Houston should have beat them. Their mistake was giving Brady an opportunity to steal that game from them. He'll do it every time.

This next game is a big one. Honestly if we can get this road game against the Bengals I see 10-6 as our new floor with a chance at a 12-4 or even 13-3 season. I'm expecting a loss this weekend for a variety of reasons but it will be a close game. Could go either way. Last weekend I was actually expecting an upset at Atlanta.

I said 5-11

No, Im not disappointed. I dont think they go 2-10 the rest of the season. I still think with the depth issues, it will catch up to them... they will struggle to get to 8 wins... but I hope they continue to roll. A win Sunday and those 2 home games are going to be a party

I dont get why people assume those with a negative prognosis of a season, game, player, etc actively root for the team to lose...

Edited by May Day 10

Your thoughts?

Are you new to Bills fandom? If so, I suggest you familiarize yourself with the several hot starts they have had during the drought that wound up being losing seasons. While I anticipate this being a decent season, dropping four or more in a row would not be unusual; they've done it before. We are already suffering injuries to key players; if TT, Shady or Clay are out for any length of time, the already iffy offense will be in real trouble.

Those of us who have been fans for a long time - I go back to 1960 - hope for the best but are never surprised by the worst. Because we have repeatedly seen the latter. So while 10 or more wins is certainly possible, so are 10 or more losses. But if you are a true fan, you'll still be here no matter which direction the season goes. Because they are the Bills and they are our team, no one else's.

[This is an automated response]<br /><br />This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread. <br /><br />Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics. <br /><br />Thank you.