Cam Newton under fire for comment toward female reporter

YoloinOhio

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it isn't the word "female" - it's that he was finding it funny to talk to a female about routes. Why would that be, exactly? She's probably run as many routes as many of her male colleagues. So why is it funny? It's like he's Fred Flinstone.

so he found it funny. is she out there running routes? I took a quick look. no videos or evidence she does? okay, so she is a sports writer and I'm sure she has some familiarity of how the routes are run but it looks more like poking fun at her then insulting?

like I said, sensitive reporter and the media is eating it up. I find it to be no big deal. now if he cussed, called her a whore or something like that. yes, that would be insulting.

lets make a bunch of something out of nothing.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

so he found it funny. is she out there running routes? I took a quick look. no videos or evidence she does? okay, so she is a sports writer and I'm sure she has some familiarity of how the routes are run but it looks more like poking fun at her then insulting?

like I said, sensitive reporter and the media is eating it up. I find it to be no big deal. now if he cussed, called her a whore or something like that. yes, that would be insulting.

lets make a bunch of something out of nothing.

um, what? That makes no sense. Did you watch the video because he wasn't "poking fun" and would he have also thought it was funny if a male reporter asked the question or would he have needed video of his running a route to take it seriously? Wow.

um, what? That makes no sense. Did you watch the video because he wasn't "poking fun" and would he have also thought it was funny if a male reporter asked the question or would he have needed video of his running a route to take it seriously? Wow.

Indeed. I guess some people just don't get it.

Who cares.. my God. unbearable

You're about to find out who cares.

And if you don't care, you're going to be made to care.

He's about to get jumped on by the media like it's nobody's business, in one part for being sexist and another part for having the nerve to suggest that there is such a thing as different genders.

Buckle up, Cam.

wow is right. I did watch it.

sorry that it offended you and her and those that seemed to have found it offensive.

I did not. but hey, I'm not that easily offended.

He said what most men think,except he shouldn't have said it.

He's just not very smart.

I think a Man would have said what he thought!

I think he was smart enough to graduate from college,Right?

Now,the real funny thing is, I don't even like Cam,but I hate what happening to the men in this country!

First time I ever took a woman to a Bills game I was dreading it. Ugh. We were playing the Steelers and I got roped into this thing. Like a first date. I was in charge of a busload of Bills fans going to Rich Stadium from a Hertel Avenue bar. And she snuck on without telling me. We had a block of seats so everyone made sure she sat next to me just to mess with me.

The players were warming up before the game and I didn't even want to talk to her, and the first thing she said to me is, "Can you believe Cliff Stout's release? I think he stole it from watching Bradshaw."

Stout was the Steeler's backup QB at the time.

We dated for the next couple years.

How funny!!

I feel like American society is going backwards...yeesh.

I just had a friend get fired from his job for being a huge sexist. It's something we all need to be aware of. Simply respecting others, no matter their gender, is a hard concept for many to grasp.

Most stupid questions I hear from the media come from men. Many of them have no idea what they're talking about. It's hard to argue that such a comment towards a woman comes from a good place. It's just stupid and disrespectful.

Imagine working hard at your job and being proud of what you do. Then someone dismisses it as "funny" for whatever reason. No one here would take that lightly, I'm sure.