Wonder what this MMQB tidbit means...

Let him be as obnoxious as he wants, that's an incredible stat , that's how you win championships

Maybe Peter King is misinterpreting his annoyance with his home town team's recent performance with annoyance toward the Bills, a team that could conceivably be in a position to threaten his darling Patriots.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm betting those "inside the team" who called it an "obnoxiously big deal" are elsewhere now, or will be soon.

Yes. Those were the kind of leaks we saw when Whiley and Rex did not get along.

I wonder if La Conjecture is ghost writing a column or Leroi is source of quote.

I like Peter King but that's just weak writing. Don't throw some rumor like that out there without some kind of substantiation.

I agree completely. At least saw "an inside source without the balls to admit it publicly says ..."

Yeah... But when will Dareus ever touch the football

Get him in space. That should improve his numbers !

What a truly excellent statistic for the Bills. And they are starting to move the ball in the air a bit.

Build the foundation of solid fundamentals

It probably means that he gets the point across to excess and some players likely admits off the record that it brings many eye rollls and internal groans . Other than that it means next to nothing, really.

Until the players start protesting by turning the ball over more.

I'm betting those "inside the team" who called it an "obnoxiously big deal" are elsewhere now, or will be soon.

Watkins: "They were never going to throw me the ball because he's so damned worried about interceptions."

Let's see. Based on the history of the NFL:

-1 in turnovers = you lose almost 90% of the time.

-2 in turnovers = you lose almost 95% of the time.

-3 in turnovers = you lose almost 98% of the time.

There are always exceptions, but this is the most telling statistic in football. If a coach was going to be obnoxious about anything, this should be it.

The exact figures are closer to 75 - 80% in games in which you're -1 in turnovers. Depends what years you're looking at. But almost 90% is a significant exaggeration.

https://www.sny.tv/giants/news/numbers-dont-lie-win-turnover-battle-and-you-win-games/148654190

And it's also often a result as much of a cause. When you're down late and time is running out, you're going to throw that risky pass. You should. You take more chances. Same if you're far down. You start going for more chunk plays and taking more risks.

And vice-versa, if you're ahead, you don't take risks, you run the ball and burn clock.

That's not to say turnovers aren't important or predictive. They are. But not as much as you're saying here.

Edited by Thurman#1