Humber/Matthews/Anderson all require surgery.

This is where things could get a lil dicey.

The Bills seem to have a strong starting group, but once you have to go deeper down the bench there are a lot of unproven guys that will be expected to step in and do the same job.

Milano for Humber. Humber will be retained and should only be out a few weeks.

Holmes for Matthews. Matthews will be retained, but will be out a month.

Blanton/FA for Anderson. Anderson may be cut and replaced if his injury is long term.

I'm still calling for the Bills to sign TE G. Barnidge BTW. He would give them another solid possession receiver and clutch veteran player.

The Bills seem to have a strong starting group, but once you have to go deeper down the bench there are a lot of unproven guys that will be expected to step in and do the same job.

Blanton/FA for Anderson. Anderson may be cut and replaced if his injury is long term.

I'm still calling for the Bills to sign TE G. Barnidge BTW. He would give them another solid possession receiver and clutch veteran player.

He doesn't replace any injured guys where we could use more help.

He doesn't replace any injured guys where we could use more help.

Barnidge could actually run most of the routes Matthews did.

Would just have to tweak the offense a little bit to run more 2 or 3 TE plays. Taylor could work with Jones, Holmes, Powell, K. Clay, C. Clay, Barnidge, and O'Leary.

I can't get excited about Barnidge as an option. If he could play, wouldn't someone have signed him by now? It's week 5, and he's been on the market for 6 months. People keep saying he wants too much money. Isn't that kind of like Cousin Eddie holding out for a management position by this point?

Brandon Reilly ftw!

Walt Powell's suspension just ended or or we could see if Rod Streater has recovered from his injury from the preseason. I've seen it suggested we call and see if Vincent Jackson is interested in playing this season

Edited by The Jokeman

Ahhh, they already have 4 TE's on the roster.......

Walt Powell's suspension just ended or or we could see if Rod Streater has recovered from his injury from the preseason. I've seen it suggested we call and see if Vincent Jackson is interested in playing this season

Streater has to wait 6 games to resign w bills I think after buyout.

Barnidge could actually run most of the routes Matthews did.

...asking price must be too high....Ravens are pretty banged up at TE and they passed on him as well..........

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Texans aren't expected to sign free agent TE Gary Barnidge.
Barnidge worked out for Houston, but left without a deal. It's a bad sign for him given how injury depleted the Texans are at tight end. Barnidge should still resurface at some point.
Sep 15 - 7:20 PM

How do we know Barnidge would even come here? Bills wont cut Logan Thomas, but I dont think Lee is doing anything for them. I did note that when asked about Boldin today, McDermott just said that might be one of the things he discussed with Beane. Probably have enough money to sign him and a replacement for Anderson

How do we know Barnidge would even come here? Bills wont cut Logan Thomas, but I dont think Lee is doing anything for them. I did note that when asked about Boldin today, McDermott just said that might be one of the things he discussed with Beane. Probably have enough money to sign him and a replacement for Anderson

....I prefer the upside of Thomas versus the down side of Barnidge anyway......don't recall any negative press about the Thomas kid working to make the transition from QB to TE.......Wilson did it from WR to S....reward the kid for his work with some PT........grass ain't always greener............

...two more weeks to go....can't re-sign until 6 weeks after injury settlement..............