This style of winning is not sustainable!

plenzmd1

that 5-1 Fitzy flashback comes to mind. He signs a huge contract then craps the bed and the team folds. I do think this team is different. McD has more grit.

That and there wasn't anything flukey about this 3-1 start , with FitzMagic in 2011 , we were a terrible D , getting flukey wins.

Defense travels as they say and I believe we have an elite one. With TT not turning the ball over and imo ,the offense only going to get better , we can not only keep winning but get better. These were also two great teams we beat up back to back , No Shaq,Glenn, Matthews/Gaines/Humber in 2nd half , we got a team fellas , a team to be proud of,and we deserve it!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking at it with cautious optimism. So many times this past decade this team has looked good in the beginning of the season only to fail down the stretch. I'm enjoying this win, but we cannot afford to look past any team. I think McDermott has the players well coached enough to do this as well. It is amazing what difference competent coaching makes.

Correct. I know for a fact you can't win without a franchise QB like Matt Ryan or Eli or Phillip Rivers. I've read it here, and heard it on Schopp and bulldog.

The standings and yesterday's results provide a pretty clear conclusion on this subject.

Yeah, when have Eli, Ryan or Rivers ever made playoff runs, huh?

that 5-1 Fitzy flashback comes to mind. He signs a huge contract then craps the bed and the team folds. I do think this team is different. McD has more grit.

It's not about grit- that team was plus 2 or 3 in the turnover battle weekly. A lot of luck and not particularly good in most of the metrics we did actually control. The only hope for that team was that we stole enough early that we could limp into the playoffs later

The reason they won't be sustain is if they continue to leak in the Run Game. They were gnashed on Sunday. They need to fix that. While the backside of the defense has been outstanding, the LB's have been so-so. They have given up too many big plays.

Regardless, you can't win games against the NFC if you want to make the playoffs!

That and there wasn't anything flukey about this 3-1 start , with FitzMagic in 2011 , we were a terrible D , getting flukey wins.

Defense travels as they say and I believe we have an elite one. With TT not turning the ball over and imo ,the offense only going to get better , we can not only keep winning but get better. These were also two great teams we beat up back to back , No Shaq,Glenn, Matthews/Gaines/Humber in 2nd half , we got a team fellas , a team to be proud of,and we deserve it!

This team is much greater than the sum of its parts. These injuries are starting to get me worrying a little bit...we are not deep enough yet especially at WR and LB to suffer losses to key starters for this long...Beane better get to work...

When was the last time Matt Ryan was?

When was the last time our QB was?

Rivers and Brees last in 2013, Luck last in 2014.

Franchise QB does not equal success is my point, and one that alot of posters seem to miss. Hell the Giants with Eli and OBJ average less than 20 points per game in their last 10 games, football is more complicated than "get a QB".

KC would argue. They won last year due to the D scoring points and calls going their way.

Personally I think the Bills are doing exactly what they need to do to win right now. The O is still developing and the D is playing really well.

Can't take anything away from them at all. They were underdogs and they won the game on the road vs a team that most are picking to go back to the SB

K.C has made the playoffs the last 4 years though and probably will be a 5th, that is no fluke

I look at someone like the Broncos in 2015. Super Bowl Champion Broncos. Led by a stout defense, they had a few big wins, but 9 by a TD or less! It's sustainable to win close and keep winning. We've been experts at losing close games, now it's time to flip the script.

Broncos 2015

won by 6
won by 7
won by 12
won by 3
won by 6
won by 3
won by 19
lost
lost
won by 2
won by 6
won by 14
lost
lost
won by 3
won by 7

Bills fans are funny, they would rather be 1-3 then 3-1 just to complain, but can't enjoy a team win with TYGOD under center. This team is much different then those of the past 15+years!

#1) You're right when you say Bills fans are funny.

#2) You are wrong when you suggest we're complaining. See statement #1.