This style of winning is not sustainable!

plenzmd1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So far, the offense reminds me of the Flutie led offenses of the late 90’s (just doing enough to win). I’m fine with that for now. Rick Dennison is still trying to figure out the best ways to use Taylor and the team is getting used to a new offensive scheme, so I know it’s a work in progress. At some point, the offense is going to need to score 30 points or more to win a game (Patriots come to mind).

KC would argue. They won last year due to the D scoring points and calls going their way.

Personally I think the Bills are doing exactly what they need to do to win right now. The O is still developing and the D is playing really well.

Can't take anything away from them at all. They were underdogs and they won the game on the road vs a team that most are picking to go back to the SB

They can't sustain these wins against the NFC! It just hurts them in the standings since it's not an AFC win!

The reason they won't be sustain is if they continue to leak in the Run Game. They were gnashed on Sunday. They need to fix that. While the backside of the defense has been outstanding, the LB's have been so-so. They have given up too many big plays.

I keed, I keed. Older posters get this BTW.

But being serious, the Bills have gotten quite a few breaks from the Refs this year..nice to see. But always worry that trend reverses itself.

On to Cinci!

Yes. They won, but they didn't dominate. They didn't really dominate. No True NFL Great Team doesn't dominate against an inferior opponent. No True Bills Fan can be comfortable with a win such as this. It's almost worst than losing. [/fanswithself-imageissues] :ph34r:

Going back to the old MB I was always one to post about "is this style of winning" sustainable. I was always proven right.

It's not rocket science. When your winning because of defensive points and special teams it's usually not sustainable. At least not in Buffalo.

However perhaps the offense picks it up...but after a quarter of the season it doesn't look to be ready to start carrying the load.

this is the who knows season. just take it week by week. McBeanes seem to have gotten it right so far. they are competing and are in every game. QB pressure is solid, TT simply will not turn the ball over. all good to this point. need to win the turnover battle, but all playoff teams win bc they take it away more than the other team.

they can win some games

Correct. I know for a fact you can't win without a franchise QB like Matt Ryan or Eli or Phillip Rivers. I've read it here, and heard it on Schopp and bulldog.

The standings and yesterday's results provide a pretty clear conclusion on this subject.

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Going back to the old MB I was always one to post about "is this style of winning" sustainable. I was always proven right.

It's not rocket science. When your winning because of defensive points and special teams it's usually not sustainable. At least not in Buffalo.

However perhaps the offense picks it up...but after a quarter of the season it doesn't look to be ready to start carrying the load.

Only thing better than a "told ya so" is a "pre-told ya so."