Empty Seats in Atlanta

JimKelly12

The quality of the game sucks, and teams are selling PSL's for 6K. I think that sums it up.

I swear I saw padded leather seats in the end zones. I can't imagine those fans are getting into the players heads. As a Bills fan this was the most exciting game I've seen in ages. As an NFL fan that was a sad TV spectacle.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear I saw padded leather seats in the end zones. I can't imagine those fans are getting into the players heads. As a Bills fan this was the most exciting game I've seen in ages. As an NFL fan that was a sad TV spectacle.

Greed is going to kill everything that made the game great. It happens to everything in this world. The music business as a pop culture phenomenon is well on its way (if not already there) to being the same. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

I saw them too. But, I think it was a special VIP section with its own bar and stuff. Looked wicked comfy.

It always seemed that a new stadium was a guaranteer of sellouts for a year or two.........The 2nd home game and all those empty seats............Plus, all the empty seats for the Niners, the Chargers and the Rams in new settings.

Doesn't it give us pause about a new downtown stadium.

As a Yankee fan, I'd give anything to still have the old stadium. The new stadium has no life to it, with empty overpriced seats all over............But, it's too late.............Hopefully, it's not too late for us to think very carefully about a new stadium. Arrowhead looked like it didn't have an empty seat tonight. It was built about the same time, has about the same ticket prices, etc. The opposing team - the Redskins - they went to legendary wait list status to empty seats in the new stadium.

It always seemed that a new stadium was a guaranteer of sellouts for a year or two.........The 2nd home game and all those empty seats............Plus, all the empty seats for the Niners, the Chargers and the Rams in new settings.

Doesn't it give us pause about a new downtown stadium.

As a Yankee fan, I'd give anything to still have the old stadium. The new stadium has no life to it, with empty overpriced seats all over............But, it's too late.............Hopefully, it's not too late for us to think very carefully about a new stadium. Arrowhead looked like it didn't have an empty seat tonight. It was built about the same time, has about the same ticket prices, etc. The opposing team - the Redskins - they went to legendary wait list status to empty seats in the new stadium.

a new building for the Bills makes no sense at all, $10,000 seat licenses, $200 seats would ruin everything about the game day experience in Buffalo. I think the Pegs understand that.

Edited by 8-8 Forever?

Atlanta as a professional sports town sucks & always has sucked. They couldn't even sell out the Braves playoff games towards the end of their run. Stop making excuses. Yesterday was a flat out embarrassment for Blank. 50% of the seats were empty in a Brand New Stadium, the nicest stadium in the league representing a team that is favored to go to the Super Bowl. Maybe Blank should start charging a bit more for PSLs. That should bring the crowds in, either that or just have Alabama play their every weekend.

It was more like 40% falcons fans, 20% bills fans, 40% fans imitating empty seats.

It doesn't bother me. I think Atlanta is a good sports town, you don't. We are both entitled to our opinion. Pro sports are popular and getting more so all the time. All Buffalo has is the Bills, and I mean all they have. It's no wonder the games are treated the way they are. Heck it has been discussed here how much it is about drinking and partying more than the game in Buffalo. You keep your opinion I'll keep mine.

I understand, I guess I'm just old fashion regarding this topic. My idea of going to a football game doesn't involve watching the game from a bar. I like being in my seat actively watching the game, without a distraction such as a bar. Please don't take offense, if that's something you enjoy, by all means hang out at the bar. It just doesn't fit my idea of attending a football game, and being part of the crowd. It's difficult for a team to have home field advantage if everyone is hanging out at the bar. I'd rather save money watching the game at an actual bar, as opposed to spending hundreds or thousands to watch at the stadium from the concourse area.

If you wandered through the clubs at New Era during a game, I think you'd be surprised. Lots of people sitting around watching football on TV. Yes, on TV. You can't even see the field from inside the clubs.

Why people spend big money to sit there inside a glorified Chili's and watch TV in the stadium when there's real Iive NFL football a few feet away, I cannot explain.

If you wandered through the clubs at New Era during a game, I think you'd be surprised. Lots of people sitting around watching football on TV. Yes, on TV. You can't even see the field from inside the clubs.

Why people spend big money to sit there inside a glorified Chili's and watch TV in the stadium when there's real Iive NFL football a few feet away, I cannot explain.

I love sushi but that's not the food I want watching football. I think the Cowboys stadium has a sushi restaurant?

"Dude! Did you see that catch?!"

"No sorry, I was swirling my wasabi in my soy sauce and missed it".

It doesn't bother me. I think Atlanta is a good sports town, you don't. We are both entitled to our opinion. Pro sports are popular and getting more so all the time. All Buffalo has is the Bills, and I mean all they have. It's no wonder the games are treated the way they are. Heck it has been discussed here how much it is about drinking and partying more than the game in Buffalo. You keep your opinion I'll keep mine.

Ah, the shot against WNY, even though that is not even the subject of this post, you knew that was coming. There is plenty too do here. A statement that says "all Buffalo has is the Bills" is a stupid statement on your part & should get you banned from this board imo.

How bout them Atlanta thrashers?! I remember watching pens/thrashers games where 90% of the crowd was from Pittsburgh. You could get tickets for $9. Then they folded.

The Thrashers were bought buy the Same owners who bought the NBA team, they didn't want the Thrashers and basically destoryed that team because they never invested in it. Also the same owner who began suing each other over money which didnt help.

Atlanta is a getting better. One thing i will say though the Falcons fans were extremely friendly around us, even after the win coming and shaking my hand and saying good win.

Atlanta FC sells out every game and draws 80k+ but I guess that doesn't count.

I had no problems at the stadium, Many many people in teh standing decks watching the game instead of in the seats. I saw no long lines, no issues in the bathrooms and I was in section 120. I thought the stadium was absolutely gorgeous.

The reality is very few people pay for their own ticket in the expensive club seats in big cities. All bought by corporations to entertain.

Sorry but the more I see these glitzy, billion dollar stadiums the more I like Orchard Park and Lambeau field.

I draw the line at places like Notre Dame where you get a wood plank seat that's about 12 inches wide per person, that's too uncomfortable. But these new stadiums are ridiculously over the top.

For 8 games a year and possibly one or two playoff games now and then, it sure seems like overkill to me man.

kriby and I talking going in. And I made it a point to say that I'd never want that stadium in Buffalo

Ah, the shot against WNY, even though that is not even the subject of this post, you knew that was coming. There is plenty too do here. A statement that says "all Buffalo has is the Bills" is a stupid statement on your part & should get you banned from this board imo.

This guy seems so obsessed with Atlanta, I don't why he doesn't become a Falcons fan.

Why because he said there is not a lot to do in WNY compared to other cities?

Why does that get you banned?

This guy seems so obsessed with Atlanta, I don't why he doesn't become a Falcons fan.

Ah, the ol go become a fan of another team shot.

That should get you banned from the board, IMO.