Empty Seats in Atlanta

JimKelly12

It's hyperbole just like what you said. Relax. I'm from Buffalo and love the city and people. But now you know how it feels when someone takes a shot at your city. Be well.

I grew up in the Bills locker room in the 70's and 80's. My grandfather worked for the team. It's not a competition, but just know I bleed red, white and blue. I even own a Buffalo themed restaurant...in Atlanta. Guys I apologize if I offended any of you.

Thanks for being reasonable, and not being overly offended. That was not the intent. People (myself included) admittedly get overly protective when people defend fans of other cities. Maybe Falcons fans aren't as bad as I assume. What I do know is that Falcons fans aren't as diehard as Bills fans. Very few NFL fans are.

The Bills are passed down through the generations. They are part of our culture and heritage. This is a fact that you would understand as well as anyone. To say that the Bills are "the only thing the city has" can be taken as not only a slight to the city, but the fanbase as well. I'm not a Bills fan out of boredom. Growing up in WNY, I watched Bills games after visiting great museums, being part of a great music scene, visiting historic sites, art galleries, and some of the coolest bars in the country. I love the Bills because they meant so much to the people I loved. It's not because Buffalo is so boring that I found them out of boredom.

Obviously this response is a bit melodramatic. I'm just trying to explain why some (including myself) become unreasonably sensitive about these things, even at times when someone such as yourself had no intention to offend. We are all Bills fans, that's why we're here.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic