Empty Seats in Atlanta

JimKelly12

Why because he said there is not a lot to do in WNY compared to other cities?

Why does that get you banned?

Ah, the ol go become a fan of another team shot.

That should get you banned from the board, IMO.

Count...do you agree or disagree Atlanta as a good pro sports town?

IMO, it's the Dawgs and everything else is a distant second.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count...do you agree or disagree Atlanta as a good pro sports town?

IMO, it's the Dawgs and everything else is a distant second.

Oh its absolutely a College football town.

College football trumps everything. Atlanta is a good sports town, but it terms of the NFL, it does not have the same following/passion college does.

Atlanta FC - Sells out every game as well. Soccer is massive here.

College football trumps everything. Atlanta is a good sports town, but it terms of the NFL, it does not have the same following/passion college does.

Yeah....I've got some soccer hooligans that are obsessed with the FC. They all say I should go but I just can't get into soccer. I've tried.

Why because he said there is not a lot to do in WNY compared to other cities?

Why does that get you banned?

Ah, the ol go become a fan of another team shot.

That should get you banned from the board, IMO.

Because this is a Buffalo Bills Message Board & it is not true. If you want to take cheap shots at WNY you shouldn't be able to post here imo. I have been to Atlanta a few times on business. That city sucks.

Edited by Gordio

Because this is a Buffalo Bills Message Board & it is not true. If you want to take cheap shots at WNY you shouldn't be able to post here imo. I have been to Atlanta a few times on business. That city sucks.

Other than it not being a great pro sports town, what do you hate about Atlanta?

I've lived here for a long time, I like a lot of it, a lot I don't like.

Other than it not being a great pro sports town, what do you hate about Atlanta?

I've lived here for a long time, I like a lot of it, a lot I don't like.

Way too crowded & over built. was there in the middle of July 3 years ago, weather was absolutely unbearable, traffic was horrible. I don't think it is a very nice place to live or visit. The thing that always bothers me about this board is some of the out of town bills fans that have moved away from Buffalo think it is okay to take cheap shots at WNY, but when you say something about their neck of the woods they get all bent out of shape & they always come back with a weather joke, or an economy joke about Buffalo. You moved away, that is great, people that live in WNY for the most part are very happy they chose to stay from my experience.

Edited by Gordio

a new building for the Bills makes no sense at all, $10,000 seat licenses, $200 seats would ruin everything about the game day experience in Buffalo. I think the Pegs understand that.

I think and hope you're right on that.

Way too crowded & over built. was there in the middle of July 3 years ago, weather was absolutely unbearable, traffic was horrible. I don't think it is a very nice place to live or visit. The thing that always bothers me about this board is some of the out of town bills fans that have moved away from Buffalo think it is okay to take cheap shots at WNY, but when you say something about their neck of the woods they get all bent out of shape & they always come back with a weather joke, or an economy joke about Buffalo. You moved away, that is great, people that live in WNY for the most part are very happy they chose to stay from my experience.

My biggest complaint about Atlanta is the traffic. The state hasn't done a good job of creating the transportation infracture with the growth.

Something like 100,000 people a year are moving to Georgia. They are starting to build more roads and highways now but what took so long?

I've lived in LA and it's just as bad for traffic.

The positive is that for a major city, it's probably one of the most affordable for housing in the country. Property value is taking off.

I had a comp ran on my house (my friend is a real estate agent) and my house has gone up between $45,000-$50,000 in just three years.

The heat and humidity never have bothered me for whatever reason. I also used to live in Minnesota and weather never bothered me. I just get used to weather pretty easily.

I think it's a nice place to live but for the right job, I would move.

Yeah the "Buffalo sucks" crowd does kind of go overboard quite a bit. I like it here. I am happy with my choice to stay here. Different strokes for different folks.

Sure it does.

No one is taking cheap shots at WNY by saying its not the most lively city in the US calm down.

I moved down South for almost a decade and then moved back to WNY. It ain't all it's cracked up to be down there.

When did this become a competition? I grew up in WNY and it was a great town and a fantastic place to grow up. When I left for college my family moved for work so I had little reason to head back, but I still visit on occasion.

We've been in Atlanta about 7 years now. It's a huge sports town...if you're a UGA football fan and that's your sports world. I knew a bunch of Tech folks too, but again it's college. MLS seems to draw surprisingly well. I did not come here by choice, but due to work. That's the same with many folks here - they came for the jobs (lots and lots of jobs) and as transplants are not invested in Atlanta teams, but those college fans run deep and strong! It's two different worlds. There are a lot of places I'd rather be than Atlanta, but there are also MUCH WORSE places to be. Traffic becomes less relevant if you stay off the highways and creates your own little world in a 5 mile radius like we did. But when you get caught in it....it sure can suck!

Both fine areas to live. Go visit Gary, Indiana if you want to see how bad it could be. (Alright, who's from Gary that I ticked off?)

Ah, the shot against WNY, even though that is not even the subject of this post, you knew that was coming. There is plenty too do here. A statement that says "all Buffalo has is the Bills" is a stupid statement on your part & should get you banned from this board imo.

It's hyperbole just like what you said. Relax. I'm from Buffalo and love the city and people. But now you know how it feels when someone takes a shot at your city. Be well.

This guy seems so obsessed with Atlanta, I don't why he doesn't become a Falcons fan.

I grew up in the Bills locker room in the 70's and 80's. My grandfather worked for the team. It's not a competition, but just know I bleed red, white and blue. I even own a Buffalo themed restaurant...in Atlanta. Guys I apologize if I offended any of you.

I'll only amend that to say that there are plenty of NFL (and NHL) fans in Atlanta, many of them just cheer for other teams because there are so many transplants here.

I even own a Buffalo themed restaurant...in Atlanta. Guys I apologize if I offended any of you.

Which restaurant? (PM if you prefer) I'm always looking for good Buffalo food in town!

I'll only amend that to say that there are plenty of NFL (and NHL) fans in Atlanta, many of them just cheer for other teams because there are so many transplants here.

Which restaurant? (PM if you prefer) I'm always looking for good Buffalo food in town!

What do you serve?

Chicken finger sub?????

Count me in there!

I am from Utica/Rome area in upstate NY (Griffiss AFB)

Bills Season Ticket holder from 1990-2000

Went to the Super Bowl in Atlanta in '93

The Georgia Dome only held around 50,000 like the Carrier Dome

In NY Cuse is really the only NY College Team that matters or is relevant

Moved to Myrtle Beach 4 years ago - college sports in general is huge down here, but there are over 20 D1 teams within 2-3 hours in ALL sports - especially with CCU winning the College Baseball World Series a year ago.

Went to the Bills game at Carolina 2 weeks ago - our hotel was all Bllls fans the night before - we were very well represented even in the silver club level.

When you go to a game at Carolina and compare it to the Ralph u take escalators up.........but there really is not any tailgating in Charlotte. That was some of my best ,memories at the Ralph - Pre and post game tailgating

Going to the Panthers/Eagles game in 2 weeks but will be neutral.

I tell them that Western New York got better and you left - you think that is a coincidence?

I'd love to move back but the few interviews I got said they would only hire locals. I told them I was from Buffalo (Blasdell), graduated from UB, would be staying with family in area and not looking for moving expenses but it made no difference.