Rick Dennison is "Tayloring" the Bills' Offense

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that Rick Dennison seems to be open to change. Rigid systems in the NFL are less likely to work IMO. You have to be willing to adapt and change to fit the players you have.

Hopefully Juan Castillo is willing to do the same thing in the run game.

I doubt Castillo puts together the run game concepts in a vacuum, rather they are done by committee with Dennison. In other words, if there's an issue, Castillo will hear about it.

I usually would have but he got straight hosed this year. It's ridiculous

it's a Dennison thing.

Just say Tyrod shows continued development from late last season? it could happen !

you gotta give him some speed or a game breaker at WR.

Maybe they are waiting on Logan Thomas..

Play action rollout. Pretty much only thing he can execute

But he is really reaaly good at it

Does this mean Peterman gets to play soon?

I like how the anti-Tyrod talking points are starting to evolve. "Well, he still sucks, but if he doesn't suck two games in a row, maybe he's not quite as sucky as I originally thought."

Its not how many points the offense scores or how many wins we get. Its how many yards he throws for. Dont forget that.

Edited by Billsmovinup

Great. Why not do play action every time.

That was when the offence was really moving.

Rollouts. Whatever. He's best on the move and so is the offense.

Does anyone care about 300 yards more than W's?

TT is a consistent QB.

He consistently never turns the ball over.

Call him mentally incapable or whatever but it takes a lot of focus to remain that disciplined.

Edited by Bakin

it's a Dennison thing.

Just say Tyrod shows continued development from late last season? it could happen !

you gotta give him some speed or a game breaker at WR.

Maybe they are waiting on Logan Thomas..

But he is really reaaly good at it

you do have to. and i just dont understand the fact you take away all his usual suspects in a "contract year".

you do have to. and i just dont understand the fact you take away all his usual suspects in a "contract year".

If you can't see how the Bills FO are trying to remake this team and why they have a certain decision pattern on player personnel decisions then I honestly don't believe you get it.

You can disagree with their thought process but most people recognize that they have a clear and concise vision of how this football team should look like.

drafting better in '18, hopefully. this is a short ride for taylor, maybe he can make the best of it, maybe not?

fixed that for you.

I think they can I think they can

no doubt that keeps us afloat and it should be upgraded but for a coaching staff/new staff they are going to do what they need to for themselves as much as the limited player.

AKA I'll change my plans to make you do better and make me look good.

It's not hard to think that the current staff saw that the old staff were set in their ways and just rolled with whatever came.

No, its not hard to think.

But you know people were thinking that.

It could be something simple TT needs adjusted. I'm all for TT improving my opinion of him.

Consistency is the key.

Play at your best consistently. I want more games than 2 or 3 super Tyrod's games and 13-14 average games.

Around .500 ball sounds about right given arguably the worst WR group in the league and a complete lack of the run game.

Quick. Blame Tyrod.

Quite true for the first 3 games of 2017.

Quite Not so true for arguably the worst WR group in the league. This may be because you didn't like the Sammy trade - but

Jordan Matthews is no slouch, nor is C Clay. Did we draft Zay high for nothing? Nick O'Leary also not a slouch. Clutch catch last week and Shady @ RB.

...........................................rec att yds avg ypg

Jordan Matthews BUF 8 11 152 19.0 50.7
Sammy Watkins LAR 13 14 194 14.9 64.7

However if you look back 2 seasons. The Bills led the league in rushing even when they had 3 or 4 games where teams shut down the run.