I'm a Taylor Fan........ But again 213 yards passing

Billsfan1972

This was and is a run oriented offense. This offense esp is not designed for shoot outs.

But what about 9-3 games? If Tyrod was a better passing qb, we would pass more. It would open things up for McCoy and keep defenses honest.

Tyrod does some things well - he doesnt turn it over and is possibly the best running qb in the nfl. But he isnt a good passingqb. I dont know how this can be argued. Were on his 3rd OC.

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to poll NFL Gms and I would bet money on them choosing Flacco. I dont think Flacco is a particularly good qb. I do think nfl teams favor a guy who won a SB, has size, & doesnt dependent on his legs over TT.

Good starting nfl qbs in their prime dont take contract cuts like TT did this offseason.

They dont call passing plays because they dont trust the qb. Its been 3 OCs now.

Visit the Ravens message board. Their fans wish they could get rid of Flacco now but can't because of the contract. They are ready for their next QB. If you think Flacco has been clearly better than Tyrod you must not have watched their games over the past couple years.

Visit the Ravens message board. Their fans wish they could get rid of Flacco now but can't because of the contract. They are ready for their next QB. If you think Flacco has been clearly better than Tyrod you must not have watched their games over the past couple years.

Its ok. Youre a homer. :)

And are you really using a message board to back up a point? Dear Lord. Pats fans talk about Brady being washed up after losses.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

I would love to poll NFL Gms and I would bet money on them choosing Flacco. I dont think Flacco is a particularly good qb. I do think nfl teams favor a guy who won a SB, has size, & doesnt dependent on his legs over TT.

Good starting nfl qbs in their prime dont take contract cuts like TT did this offseason.

What does Flacco bring to the table other than past success from 5 years ago, no team success since, major injury, a much better coaching and organization situation without results, and he is a tall white guy? I wish we could bet on that.

How about that Cam bet? :flirt:;) 2 tds, 4 ints, 188.67 passing yards per game aren't pro bowl numbers.

The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league and Flacco hasn't done anything in a long time to be considered a good qb. Russel Wilson is another guy who was successful with a great team around him. Once they got paid there wasn't the money to keep the great team around them and they are both struggling to carry the load by themselves.

BTW great QBs should take the Tyrod deal. It allows a better team to be placed around them. I am a firm believer of Brady's success partly coming from his willingness to take less than market level deals. He has the 19th highest contract in the league Tyrod the 21st. As opposed to Flacco who is the highest paid qb. In fact of the top 10 qb contracts only Kirk Cousins (8-7-1), Matt Ryan (11-5), Aaron Rodgers (10-6), and Ryan Tannehil (9-7), and Andrew Luck (8-8) had winning records last year. These crazy contracts are crippling teams.

And are you really using a message board to back up a point? Dear Lord. Pats fans talk about Brady being washed up after losses.

I've provided stats to back up my point. Flacco is BAD and people would be screaming if they only watched him...

You haven't used anything to back up your point. A hypothetical survey of GMs is your best point. Flacco is a name, that's it. He has been awful the past 2 years and continued that trend this year. At this point you sound like you just don't know what you're talking about.

What does Flacco bring to the table other than past success from 5 years ago, no team success since, major injury, a much better coaching and organization situation without results, and he is a tall white guy? I wish we could bet on that.

How about that Cam bet? :flirt:;) 2 tds, 4 ints, 188.67 passing yards per game aren't pro bowl numbers.

The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league and Flacco hasn't done anything in a long time to be considered a good qb. Russel Wilson is another guy who was successful with a great team around him. Once they got paid there wasn't the money to keep the great team around them and they are both struggling to carry the load by themselves.

BTW great QBs should take the Tyrod deal. It allows a better team to be placed around them. I am a firm believer of Brady's success partly coming from his willingness to take less than market level deals. He has the 19th highest contract in the league Tyrod the 21st. As opposed to Flacco who is the highest paid qb. In fact of the top 10 qb contracts only Kirk Cousins (8-7-1), Matt Ryan (11-5), Aaron Rodgers (10-6), and Ryan Tannehil (9-7), and Andrew Luck (8-8) had winning records last year. These crazy contracts are crippling teams.

I've provided stats to back up my point. Flacco is BAD and people would be screaming if they only watched him...

https://deadspin.com/donald-trump-joe-flacco-is-elite-1732106846

Did you PM the Cam thing? Ill check. He certainly has struggled this year.

But yup, Id take Flacco or Cam a million times over Tyrod. They are flawed qbs but so is Tyrod. Their upside is much much higher IMo.

And using your computer, exactly when was the last time the Bills made the playoffs? Or won a playoff game?

Using my computer....

Tyrod is 17-15 as a starter. Please don't be asinine enough to attribute 17 years of suck to a guy who is on his 3rd year with the team...

But yup, Id take Flacco or Cam a million times over Tyrod. They are flawed qbs but so is Tyrod. Their upside is much much higher IMo.

Just so we have context, you supported EJ for a while right? Thought he was better than Tyrod even up until the Jacksonville game?

You haven't used anything to back up your point. A hypothetical survey of GMs is your best point. Flacco is a name, that's it. He has been awful the past 2 years and continued that trend this year. At this point you sound like you just don't know what you're talking about.

Youre right. Your message board point clearly won your point. The Qb who struggles to get to 150 yards every other week and whose teams limits his throws is clearly superior.

If all that it takes is 200 yard passing games to win we should win a bunch of them with Tyrod, sadly it's a QB driven league and real good QBs throw not run.

I'm enjoying the win and trying hard to be positive. Go Bills

I have hope because of our D but I have doubt because of our QB.

Edited by xRUSHx

Youre right. Your message board point clearly won your point. The Qb who struggles to get to 150 yards every other week and whose teams limits his throws is clearly superior.

Nope. Your point is Flacco won a Super Bowl 5 years ago and you think GMs would take Flacco over Tyrod (GMs also took Glennon over Tyrod so why should I care anyways?). My point is the stats posted multiple times in this thread. At every efficiency metric Tyrod has out performed Flacco since Tyrod became a starter. If you want to argue they're in the same tier and not so far off okay, that's a point you could try and make. If you want to argue, as you said, Flacco is "a million times better" than Tyrod, you just look foolish.

If all that it takes is 200 yard passing games to win we should win a bunch of them with Tyrod, sadly it's a QB driven league and real good QBs throw not run.

I'm enjoying the win and trying hard to be positive. Go Bills

I have hope because of our D but I have doubt because of our QB.

Another guy who supported EJ up until the Jacksonville game. What is up with you guys? You shouldn't have this much confidence in any of your opinions on the QB position. It is bizarre the number of former EJ homers who now disparage Tyrod every chance they get.

Edited by HappyDays

Just so we have context, you supported EJ for a while right? Thought he was better than Tyrod even up until the Jacksonville game?

I supported a 1st round qb the Bills drafted. Yup. I thought Tyrod was developed better than EJ (he was). I like better qbs who win from the pocket because history shows they are much more likely to win.

Tyrod is a better qb than EJ. But as I said many times, he is closer to EJ than Tom Brady. And that my problem. I have never once said he was terrible because he isnt. I just dont think hes a difference maker.

And would I rather have Watson, Mahomes, Rosen, Darnold over Tyrod? Hell yeah and I think most rational people would. They may never become franchise qbs but Im pretty sure Taylor isnt. And you are spinning your wheels until you get one.

And always, I hope Im wrong and Tyrod makes me look dumb. Nothing would make me happier than Tyrod leading us to the playoffs.

Yeah I did send you one.

For me Flacco's success was so long ago it doesn't count anymore. Cam (imo) is washed up. Physically he isn't right and he doesn't strike me as a mentally strong guy. Add in the wear and tear of his style and his limited passing skillset and I wouldn't take him over TT either. That is before factoring in contracts which slant it even further towards TT. Fans clamored for improvement and I think we are seeing it with TT. They asked for throws over the middle, quick releases, winning games without the running game being effective, and to be consistent. He is doing all of those things THIS YEAR. He did have a stinker in Carolina, so did the whole offense.

I have stated this point over and over. When we draft a guy next year and if he came in and put up 51 tds to 15 ints over his first 32 games we would be pumped and think we have the answer. People don't feel that way with Tyrod. I think they lean to hard on it being his 7th year in the league instead of looking at it as his 3rd year starting. He is still fairly young for a qb and progressing. He hasn't been figured out as some want to say. I'm still on the qb in the draft train because I want him to be pushed and the Bills to play the best guy not someone because they are the only guy. If they draft a guy and immediately name him starter without making him earn it first I will disagree with the move. Whomever is the starter next year and beyond will be the winner of the competition much like Tyrod was 2 years ago.

Stats were posted a few posts ago that TT has been the better QB than Flacco since TT has started in 2015.

Nope. Your point is Flacco won a Super Bowl 5 years ago and you think GMs would take Flacco over Tyrod (GMs also took Glennon over Tyrod so why should I care anyways?). My point is the stats posted multiple times in this thread. At every efficiency metric Tyrod has out performed Flacco since Tyrod became a starter. If you want to argue they're in the same tier and not so far off okay, that's a point you could try and make. If you want to argue, as you said, Flacco is "a million times better" than Tyrod, you just look foolish.

Another guy who supported EJ up until the Jacksonville game. What is up with you guys? You shouldn't have this much confidence in any of your opinions on the QB position. It is bizarre the number of former EJ homers who now disparage Tyrod every chance they get.

That nails it.

I was an ej guy and still think he got a raw deal here. It was definitely time to move on but I thought the rug was pulled out from under him first by injury and then by Marrone. He wasn't given a fair shot to develop the only way I think a qb can, by playing games. Now the jets game last year reinforced to me that he most likely would never get it but again the Bills are very much to blame for his poor development imo. Tyrod is much better than EJ and I think he showed it in camp and proved it all throughout the last 2 years. He was luckily developed by Jim Harbaugh and the Ravens before going on the field for the Bills and getting his on the job training.

I'm sorry but I think you have it backwards: they are't calling pass plays because the Bills understand they can't be successful with the current QB throwing the ball.

The offense scored a lot of points the last two seasons. The defense was the problem.

I was an ej guy and still think he got a raw deal here. It was definitely time to move on but I thought the rug was pulled out from under him first by injury and then by Marrone. He wasn't given a fair shot to develop the only way I think a qb can, by playing games. Now the jets game last year reinforced to me that he most likely would never get it but again the Bills are very much to blame for his poor development imo. Tyrod is much better than EJ and I think he showed it in camp and proved it all throughout the last 2 years. He was luckily developed by Jim Harbaugh and the Ravens before going on the field for the Bills and getting his on the job training.

I was an EJ guy too, I just had a more nuanced opinion on him. After 2013 I didn't want us drafting a QB in the 1st like some fans were calling for. I thought when you draft a QB in the 1st no matter what he does as a rookie you need to give him the 2nd year. Based on how QBs like Carr and Goff have improved in year 2 I still stand by that opinion. But he looked the same in 2014 so I was okay with Orton taking over as starter. Once Tyrod started playing for us I was done with EJ. A few people just couldn't move on.

I thought Tyrod played OK. Still too many 3 and outs and missed opportunities. But they got the job done and got the W. Luck was definitely in their favor too. That TD catch by Holmes was pure luck. The dumb penalty on Von Miller that extended a drive and gave us points. The picks. Those things don't always go in our favor.

This isn't about Tyrod as a QB, because I want to see if he can play the position (and think he can), but the Offensive Coordinators & Management have set him up to fail with lousy play calling and below average receivers.

When I say there are 10 games a season where a 300 yard game should/can win you a game, that includes losses.

The Bills Defense has played very well the first three games against bad QB's (and Newton who is off and lost his most important receiver before the half against Buffalo).

Watkins was a monstrous loss and I am first a fan and ask me whether I want to see a game where you have two offensive minded teams or a defensive battle I'll never take the latter.

We are in year 3 of TT as the Bills starter and I have no idea who he is as a QB as the Offensive game plan and lack of passing is just so conservative.

What I do know is the Bills have never had a 4th quarter comeback and probably never overcome a 2 TD deficit.

Comeback are reliant on PASSING THE FOOTBALL

I was an EJ guy too, I just had a more nuanced opinion on him. After 2013 I didn't want us drafting a QB in the 1st like some fans were calling for. I thought when you draft a QB in the 1st no matter what he does as a rookie you need to give him the 2nd year. Based on how QBs like Carr and Goff have improved in year 2 I still stand by that opinion. But he looked the same in 2014 so I was okay with Orton taking over as starter. Once Tyrod started playing for us I was done with EJ. A few people just couldn't move on.

To your bolded I agree 100% I didn't care for Orton because he meant nothing to the team and watching him slide short on that one play was exactly the reason why. He did nothing for the long term question for the Bills. I guess I feel like people who want Peterman do now. We could have gotten the answer on EJ in 2014 good, bad, or otherwise. Instead we got our own version of smokin jay.

This isn't about Tyrod as a QB, because I want to see if he can play the position (and think he can), but the Offensive Coordinators & Management have set him up to fail with lousy play calling and below average receivers.

When I say there are 10 games a season where a 300 yard game should/can win you a game, that includes losses.

The Bills Defense has played very well the first three games against bad QB's (and Newton who is off and lost his most important receiver before the half against Buffalo).

Watkins was a monstrous loss and I am first a fan and ask me whether I want to see a game where you have two offensive minded teams or a defensive battle I'll never take the latter.

We are in year 3 of TT as the Bills starter and I have no idea who he is as a QB as the Offensive game plan and lack of passing is just so conservative.

What I do know is the Bills have never had a 4th quarter comeback and probably never overcome a 2 TD deficit.

He's had two fourth quarter comebacks and three game winning drives. The second Miami game last season would and should have been another one.

The offense scored a lot of points the last two seasons. The defense was the problem.

It's a QB driven league I just don't see the D staying at this level, especially at a away game, I hope to see the lights out play sadly the only lights out I see is your Tyrod support group when Tyrod again is mr.200 and Touchdowns away from the tie trying to catch up while padding the stats in the end after its long over.

I wish him Luck he will need it to make this miracle playoff season happen. I want on the wagon a win this game will help.

Absolutely 100% false.

It's a QB driven league I just don't see the D staying at this level, especially at a away game, I hope to see the lights out play sadly the only lights out I see is your Tyrod support group when Tyrod again is mr.200 and Touchdowns away from the tie trying to catch up while padding the stats in the end after its long over.

I wish him Luck he will need it to make this miracle playoff season happen. I want on the wagon a win this game will help.

My support group is all Bills fans that root to win on Sundays with no agendas. That's not you. happy Days has it right-the former EJ guys hate TT.

That was the best win in years on Sunday. You hated it obviously. Now as we near the Atlanta game, which will be very tough and probably a loss, you and a few others are starting to lurk again. This is unbelievable.

My support group is all Bills fans that root to win on Sundays with no agendas. That's not you. happy Days has it right-the former EJ guys hate TT.

Oh stop it. Many fans want better at QB that why they criticize Tyrod for not being good enough while a small support group have Fitz blinders on. I'm a diehard fan and I want to win so if Tyrod can muster up those wins I'll be more in his corner, till then I can't wait for next years draft and him to be replaced with a franchise worthy QB.

Oh stop it. Many fans want better at QB that why they criticize Tyrod for not being good enough while a small support group have Fitz blinders on. I'm a diehard fan and I want to win so if Tyrod can muster up those wins I'll be more in his corner, till then I can't wait for next years draft and him to be replaced with a franchise worthy QB.

If you can't see that this QB is much better than Fitz, your agenda is worse than I thought. Couldn't enjoy that last win, could you-now the next game is creeping up, and you are getting ready, because it probably will be a loss. Sickening.

Edited by JM2009

Then how come most of the starting QBs stink?

That was the best win in years on Sunday. You hated it obviously. Now as we near the Atlanta game, which will be very tough and probably a loss, you and a few others are starting to lurk again. This is unbelievable.

Lurk? Haha, you make me lol. I have been trying to stay positive this week after the win while reading the gushing by you at Tyrods 200 yard win. All I have to say is I am trying to have hope for the season but seeing you continue to blame only the D for the last 2 seasons of fail lights my fire. Hey man guess what Tyrod is also the problem for the last two seasons of fail, like it or not. Many fans want better then 200 at QB while others like 200 and blame everyone else.

Then how come most of the starting QBs stink?

Yep they all stink. SMH

Lurk? Haha, you make me lol. I have been trying to stay positive this week after the win while reading the gushing by you at Tyrods 200 yard win. All I have to say is I am trying to have hope for the season but seeing you continue to blame only the D for the last 2 seasons of fail lights my fire. Hey man guess what Tyrod is also the problem for the last two seasons of fail, like it or not. Many fans want better then 200 at QB while others like 200 and blame everyone else.

Yep they all stink. SMH

Gushing-I haven't even been on here much this week. show me a post where I "gushed". It doesn't exist. Dishonest posting for the agenda here. I'm tired of it. EJ was terrible, get over it.

Again, until this past week only 7 of the last 19 QBs broke 200 yards against that defense. Brady didn't, Luck didn't, Newton didn't, Rivers didn't 2 out of 3 times, Winston didn't, Carr didn't, Mariota didn't break 100 yards.

Gushing-I haven't even been on here much this week. show me a post where I "gushed". It doesn't exist. Dishonest posting for the agenda here. I'm tired of it. EJ was terrible, get over it.

Dishonest is you guys throwing the EJ factor in a argument about Tyrod. Everyone wanted EJ to succeed but he failed move on. Now I use the Fitz factor only because he was also a backup QB that Got a raise here that wasn't good enough, EJ was a drafted QB by my favorite team so he had more of my support then a QB bouncing from team to team doing the same exact not good enough for a playoff run play.

As for gushing I threw that in there because of your lurking comment after you again threw the defense at fault garbage in a earlier post by you.

If you can't see that this QB is much better than Fitz, your agenda is worse than I thought. Couldn't enjoy that last win, could you-now the next game is creeping up, and you are getting ready, because it probably will be a loss. Sickening.

I don't think he is much better than Fitz. I think he is better but I think the gap is a lot closer than some of the TT diehards believe. He has played on teams (even after trading Sammy) that are way more talented than the Buffalo teams Fitz played on. He actually showed in Houston and in New York after we let him go that put talent around him and Fitz can be a just above .500 QB too.

But there is a lesson there we should learn from Fitz... which is if you have a serviceable guy (and I think TT is a bit better than just serviceable) on a reasonable contract then you don't cut them just to move on to the unknown. You keep them around and you make the draft pick compete agains the vet. If we had done that in 2013 with Fitz and EJ it would have been better for everyone.

Why are people bringing up EJ? Such a stupid point to make. Its like all the idiots who yell Liberal and Conservative to everything.

I want every Bills qb to succeed. I defended JP, Trent, EJ, Fitz, & whoever. Most rational people think Tyrod is fine. I dont want fine. I want a difference maker. I dont want to be excited if our qb puts up 200 yards passing.

Tyrod is an easy guy to root for. I just dont think he is the long term answer. Hes like a 6/10. It looks a lot better because weve had 4s and 3s.

Why are people bringing up EJ? Such a stupid point to make. Its like all the idiots who yell Liberal and Conservative to everything.

I want every Bills qb to succeed. I defended JP, Trent, EJ, Fitz, & whoever. Most rational people think Tyrod is fine. I dont want fine. I want a difference maker. I dont want to be excited if our qb puts up 200 yards passing.

Tyrod is an easy guy to root for. I just dont think he is the long term answer. Hes like a 6/10. It looks a lot better because weve had 4s and 3s.

Very good post man

I don't think he is much better than Fitz. I think he is better but I think the gap is a lot closer than some of the TT diehards believe. He has played on teams (even after trading Sammy) that are way more talented than the Buffalo teams Fitz played on. He actually showed in Houston and in New York after we let him go that put talent around him and Fitz can be a just above .500 QB too.

But there is a lesson there we should learn from Fitz... which is if you have a serviceable guy (and I think TT is a bit better than just serviceable) on a reasonable contract then you don't cut them just to move on to the unknown. You keep them around and you make the draft pick compete agains the vet. If we had done that in 2013 with Fitz and EJ it would have been better for everyone.

Great post. Besides the 2002 Bills, TT has played on the most talented teams during the drought.

Fitz was more capable of winning games on his own. Flip side, he was also more capable of losing them. Tyrod doesnt really win or lose games. They are probably the best 2 qbs of the drought but ultimately, they arent really getting you where you want to go. You could do worst but you could do better.

I want every Bills qb to succeed. I defended JP, Trent, EJ, Fitz, & whoever.

It is incredibly weird that you defended those QBs but go out of your way to make Tyrod worse than he is. It makes no sense. Like if you defended all those QBs you should think Tyrod is the next Jim Kelly.