Buffalo Broncos?

Marv Levy

Watching the game on CBS, there were hundreds of fans wearing Bronco jerseys and shirts at New Era. Was there really that many fans coming to the game from Colorado or were most of those "fans" really WNY residents jumping on the bandwagon because DENVER actually won SuperBowls and are a good team? Me thinks the latter. What say you?

GO BILLS!

I'm in town visiting for a wedding and was there. My brother told me on Saturday that WNY has a ton of Denver fans and there would be a lot at the game. Many are bandwagoners from recent years, but he said a lot are from the Elway years, back when they were losing all those Super Bowls.

If I had to guess, I'd say there was between 15,000-20,000 Broncos fans in attendance.

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there were lots of broncos fans there, the ones that sat in front of me said they were from the part of Canada near Maine. Then there was a dad whos kid was a bronco fan next to me, kid was wearing a bronco jersey, dad was not. But I usually have away fans all around me as I sit in section 107.

So basically it seemed to be a combo of things.

Where do you sit in section 107? Row 34 for me!

Lulz, why?

And more recently we had a group of hammered 50ish year-old Canadian Pats fans try to start up with us a few seasons ago. And my group is probably one of the most low-key, non-threatening rows in the stadium.

I hate to generalize but they hop on the bus up there and are a mess by the time they get to the lot. Couple that with the im in a different country so I cant really get in trouble mentality, and its a bad recipe.

Not all are like this, have had far more positive experiences than negative with Canadian Bills fans. The bandwagon visitors though, different story.

If you did get in a fight with them and they got arrested, there is a really good chance they would be banned from re-entering the USA.

Not that you need any more reasons to want to punch one in the Adams Apple.

Most of those Canadian fans are awesome. Get a handful of old drinking buddies together down here for a game though and look out.

Denver, Dallas, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, *Patsie's post 2002, all travel well. I don't think there were more Bronco's fans, than say the Patsie's, but they really stuck out because of all the brand new bright orange jerseys. Plus their were a lot of front row seating by the Bronco's fans, probably purchased of VIP seats or other third party vendors that own season tickets.

I'm in town visiting for a wedding and was there. My brother told me on Saturday that WNY has a ton of Denver fans and there would be a lot at the game. Many are bandwagoners from recent years, but he said a lot are from the Elway years, back when they were losing all those Super Bowls.

If I had to guess, I'd say there was between 15,000-20,000 Broncos fans in attendance.

Yeah I was reading a lot of Broncos boards before game and there were a few from the area and other parts of upstate who said they were going to the game and looking forward to it. So it wasn't just Canadians lol.

I did make that comment in Brocos boards and quite a lot of people said flights to Buffalo from Denver are quite cheap and lots of people make that flight to go to the game.

There were a lot but from my seat it looked like mostly the sec100's. Meaning that it looked worse on tv than what it really was. Their cheers were not loud by any stretch. A Pittsburgh game a few years ago was deafening.

The Bronc fans in my section (329) were numerous, but very quiet, even when they scored....not sure if they were worried about being 'behind enemy lines' or whatever. But most of them just got up and left after the Miller flag... :oops:

Lots of Canadians. They just pick hot teams up there and run with it til the next hot team comes along.

Yeah, that's exactly what we do............................................................................................................rolls eyes.