Broncos dared Taylor to beat them through the air- so he did

YoloinOhio

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, he did have an effective passing game.

He tore up their secondary and had 400 yards passing.... oh wait sorry I was daydreaming.

TT had his near typical 25 passing attempts and he had his second best completion % for a game too. :thumbsup:

:lol::lol::lol: Funny stuff sound familiar?

The Bills had the better game plan. The Bills had the better execution. The Bills forced the mistakes. And, well, the Bills got two breaks on terrible ref calls against the Broncos (I’ll let you pick which two).

“They definitely threw some things at us that we didn’t see and weren’t ready for,” Davis said. “They brought their A-game.” Correction, the Bills brought their A+ game and the Broncos didn’t do their homework.
“That was our goal - stop the run and make him beat us in the air,” Davis said. “And he kind of did it yesterday, so hats off to him.”
Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Yes, he did have an effective passing game.

He tore up their secondary and had 400 yards passing.... oh wait sorry I was daydreaming.

TT had his near typical 25 passing attempts and he had his second best completion % for a game too. :thumbsup:

:lol::lol::lol: Funny stuff sound familiar?

This really isn't the game to go after when trying to put down the passing offense.

He had a couple of really nice throws while on the move. The long completion to O'Leary and the TD to Chuck. I wondered if it was by design, draw the defenders in to stop his scrambling, then find someone left open because of it.

in the article the Broncos mention that his scrambling caused them problems in how to defend the pass

He had a couple of really nice throws while on the move. The long completion to O'Leary and the TD to Chuck. I wondered if it was by design, draw the defenders in to stop his scrambling, then find someone left open because of it.

On the TD someone said it was designed. First read holmes i believe, second run, third clay.

That's why IMO, this was Taylor's most impressive game. Usually without a run game, he struggles but didn't this game.

He really stepped up.

I think it might be legitamately the first time Tyrod has won a game without a rushing attack to lean on. Yes he had a very good defense and STs performance to help but it was encouraging. No question.

I think it might be legitamately the first time Tyrod has won a game without a rushing attack to lean on. Yes he had a very good defense and STs performance to help but it was encouraging. No question.

There was no rush attack in the Tennessee game, other than Tyrod, but he passed better in this win than that one.

Tyrod played pretty well. He did what the Bills asked of him and had some good escapes from pressure. That said, the Bills benefitted from a few breaks ( tipped pass in the end zone, a curious call in a crucial moment by an overzealous ref ( there really wasn't any malicious intent there and that call might not always be made) etc. You have to take advantage of your breaks and the Bills did that. However, this may not have been enough on its own if the Broncos got a better game from Siemien among others. He threw two pretty horrendous INTs ( that I'm sure Taylor would be roundly criticized for if he had thrown them ) and the Bills squandered some good field position after a hilariously bad ( and questionable ) fake punt attempt. Overall a good game from the Bills and Tyrod but maybe not good enough to beat a good team on their best day. They'll probably need to be better this week to win.

His schemes do seem pedestrian, but it certainly worked Sunday. What is the prevailing opinion on why he was a bad OC?

He seems awfully conservative, even after a big change of possession with good field position . That usually doesn't go over well with fans of offense.

Tyrod played pretty well. He did what the Bills asked of him and had some good escapes from pressure. That said, the Bills benefitted from a few breaks ( tipped pass in the end zone, a curious call in a crucial moment by an overzealous ref ( there really wasn't any malicious intent there and that call might not always be made) etc. You have to take advantage of your breaks and the Bills did that. However, this may not have been enough on its own if the Broncos got a better game from Siemien among others. He threw two pretty horrendous INTs ( that I'm sure Taylor would be roundly criticized for if he had thrown them ) and the Bills squandered some good field position after a hilariously bad ( and questionable ) fake punt attempt. Overall a good game from the Bills and Tyrod but maybe not good enough to beat a good team on their best day. They'll probably need to be better this week to win.

And that's exactly what they'll do. Beginning to have some faith in these coaches (and Tyrod).