Hughes doesn't get why Jim Kelly is on the field in 2017

YoloinOhio

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just speaking for old-timers like me.. and essentially for myself.. Hughes should not go there.. i know all the millennials do not get Kelly. and what he means.. but not a place i would trespass on .. JMHO.. and i do not want to exclude the non- millennials. im sure there are Kelly haters.. learned that from another thread..

ALL the millenials do not get Kelly and what he means. What a blanket statement to make.

read the comments under the video his actions on game day were what he believes. He is in fear of getting cut now he must conform to the liberal globalist agenda and play identity politics. He's like a Isis captured hostage reading a statement. So sad this country is falling apart.

He was the only one who was brave this week. Now Tomlin gets to poop on the Army Vet because of some "protest" the subject of which the protesters are not even sure.

Seriously, ask all 200 kneelers what they're squabbling about and youll get 300 different answers. The sum of the reasons being "equality for me but not for thee."

Seriously, does anyone in this ITT even know what is being protested? I swear if you put every person commenting here into a room and asked them that question the answers would be more diverse than the NFL.

I can see his point about wanting Kelly to talk to them before. Agree with it or not, apparently everyone on the team and the coaches talked about what they were going to do, and probably knew who would stand, who wouldn't, ect. If Kelly wasn't in that team meeting, then it might be a suprise to the players if someone else shows up and does something different. It is the opposite of a show of unity that way.

When Hughes leads the team to four consecutive Super Bowls, then he can talk ****. Until then STFU.

Seriously, does anyone in this ITT even know what is being protested? I swear if you put every person commenting here into a room and asked them that question the answers would be more diverse than the NFL.

I do! I do!

The first black guys were protesting other black guys getting oppressed by the po'po.

The second black guys and their white teammates were protesting orange clowns.

The rednecks were protesting pinko fags spitting on the flag even though there weren't any.

The closet racists were protesting various random negroes for being negroes.

The crazy lefties were protesting something about someone doing stuff they're supposed to be against but don't really know what except that it's intolerable.

The flag wavers were protesting the flag haters for spitting on the veterans who support the flag haters.

The Trump fans were protesting anything anyone says against their führer even though they don't really believe in what they are saying.

And the rest are protesting Hillary's emails.

Why all the fuss about a bunch of spoiled millionaires jumping on bandwagon? I couldn't care less what these guys think of anything other then their jobs. That said, Hughes comments were reaonsable as was Kelly's. Once all the patronizing and "me toos" subside the guys should think about what brought them to a stadium packed with thousands of people and is broadcast to millions - football.

When Hughes leads the team to four consecutive Super Bowls, then he can talk ****. Until then STFU.

Jimbo hasn't contributed to a Bills win in 20 years. That's Hughes' point, or at least partly anyway. This offseason has been about building a sense of team, a sense of camaraderie, and about the power of being accountable to the guy next to you. There is no reason for someone who hasn't taken the field in 2 decades to make public comments that could effect that foundation, especially if they want to remain plugged into the organization. Jim's a big boy, with all the access he could want to the team. Next time he should just talk to Shady directly.

...just let this damn 2017 club establish its own identity......anybody heard yet about Kneelgate from Bruce, Andre, Thurmal, Marv, etc YET?....nope......I know they're NOT as relevant to the 90's as Jimbo (COUGH).....sit in the stands and stay the hell outta the spotlight unless you're going to finally identify your "Bills buying group (BIGGER COUGH)".....history recognizes you Jim but the current spotlight belongs to the 2017 gang IMO.....deservedly so IMO....what's passed is in the past...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

...just let this damn 2017 club establish its own identity......anybody heard yet about Kneelgate from Bruce, Andre, Thurmal, Marv, etc YET?....nope......I know they're NOT as relevant to the 90's as Jimbo (COUGH).....sit in the stands and stay the hell outta the spotlight unless you're going to finally identify your "Bills buying group (BIGGER COUGH)".....history recognizes you Jim but the current spotlight belongs to the 2017 gang IMO.....deservedly so IMO....what's passed is in the past...........

Bruce and Thurman were both interviewed about it and came out in support of the players who chose to kneel.

This is beneath you.

I know taking statements out of context to misrepresent someone as racist is the new national pastime, but I'm surprised to see this from you.

I would say if you cant see the blatant racism in his post, ya just ain't looking or you don't believe racism exists, which i do.

BTW, I believed deeply in what Kap was doing it and why he was doing it, but much like Shannan Sharpe, the hypocrisy by the owners and a ton of players drives me nuts.

I do believe the original message has been lost, and that is a shame