We have #1 ranked Defense!!! [confirmed!]

CanadianFan

After 3 rounds of NFL slug fest, our defense is ranked #1 baby!!!!!!

#1 in terms of points given up per game that is:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/totalPointsPerGame/position/defense

In terms of the traditional measure of yards per game, we're now 6th in total d. behind Carolina, Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, Denver, and that defensive powerhouse Washington.

Edited by CanadianFan

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McD and Frazier have been pretty impressive thus far with the D.

Unfortunately, as always, we have trouble being good on both sides of the ball. What Dennison has done with the run game is concerning.

In the words of Aaron Rodgers R E L A X

the Bills have faced 2 top 10 defenses the last 2 weeks. And the JESTERS are not a pushover as seen yesterday V Miami.

Lets see how things continue to roll before calling the run game a disaster (the way it looked these past 2 weeks)

This is the game we get our offense going again. The ground game in particular. Atlanta is top 10 against the run in terms or rushing yards per game. However, if you look at yards per rush they are tied for third worst in the leaguse giving up 4.8 ypr. Should also help the offense that Vic Beasley Jr. is out with injury still too.

After 3 rounds of NFL slug fest, our defense is ranked #1 baby!!!!!!

#1 in terms of points given up per game that is:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/totalPointsPerGame/position/defense

In terms of the traditional measure of yards per game, we're now 6th in total d. behind Carolina, Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, Denver, and that defensive powerhouse Washington.

ranking is pending the outcome of MNF between cowboys and cardinals.

Who has Jacksonville played.

Who has Jacksonville played.

It is true that the best QB they played - Mariota - hung 37 on them. I think it is very early to read much into rankings. After 5 weeks last season Rex's D was top 10 in most categories (I was tracking them week by week the whole season in a thread across the main defensive metrics) and then the bottom fell out.

Next week will be a real indicator on this defense to my mind.... I like what I see but it is time to play one of the top NFL QBs and see how we measure up.

Did anyone else notice the absence of 99? I'm not a proponent of cutting the guy, but it is good to see that we are not dependent on him for it success.

The two or three big runs were the only times I think he would have made a difference but other than that, not really.

Our defense might be a little overrated right now... Cam missed a wide open throw for one touchdown and we made a few important stands that were 50-50.

HOWEVER, there's no denying that this is a significantly improved defense.

You know what I love even more?

Bills had a top 5 defense before Rex came.

Bills had a bottom 5 defense during his tenure, with the same players.

Bills have a top 5-10 defense now that he's gone.

Pretty humbling for the "defensive mastermind" that is Rex Ryan.