My takeaway from today's game.

CLTbills

My big takeaway from today is something that makes me super excited for the future of this team.

This team is extremely well prepared, disciplined, and coached. This is so refreshing after the last several years.

Even though I've known since well before the season started that this was essentially a throwaway season, I'm so excited for the future, as long as the Pegula's give McDermott enough time. I was impressed what they've been able to do with such a lack of WR talent. Last week was tough, no doubt. But we're essentially one play away from being 3-0 right now (I know this doesn't matter in the W-L column) and it's because of the way this team is coached.

They were totally prepared and ready for the fake punt. It's almost like they knew it was coming. This is 100% coaching and preparedness.

The penalties are way down.

And we don't turn the ball over.

No matter the talent level, these things will keep us in a lot of games. I came into this season thinking 4-12, maybe 5-11. And I had accepted that, knowing that not having Sammy and Darby in the short term was going to be well worth it because we have 6 picks in the first three rounds next year and we may be able to finally get our QB.

After seeing the way these guys played today, I think 9-7 is a real possibility. I know injuries happen, etc. but Dareus wasn't on the field today and we held them to 16 points... the same team that put up over 40 on the 'girls last week.

I know tyrod isn't the guy that's gonna take us to the next level, but the guy just doesn't turn the ball over

What a change from the Rex & Rob Bumbling Bros circus.

A huge change and although the talent level isn't where it needs to be, we certainly have the ammunition to improve dramatically from a talent standpoint starting next year.

This year it's about playing good team, sound and disciplined football and changing the culture. Next year things will get even more exciting.

I never thought this was a 4-5 win team, but I don't think there are any preset limits based on what I have seen. Do I expect playoffs? No I don't. Would it totally shock me? No, it wouldn't. I will tell you this - while I expect an "L" in Atlanta, every player on that team is going in with the mindset that they are winning that game. Good or ugly, I can't wait to watch it.

I never thought this was a 4-5 win team, but I don't think there are any preset limits based on what I have seen. Do I expect playoffs? No I don't. Would it totally shock me? No, it wouldn't. I will tell you this - while I expect an "L" in Atlanta, every player on that team is going in with the mindset that they are winning that game. Good or ugly, I can't wait to watch it.

Will be a great measuring stick especially for the defence. Atlanta probably has a top 3 offence in the league, so if the bills can keep them in check in their own barn, that would be saying something

My big takeaway from today is something that makes me super excited for the future of this team.

This team is extremely well prepared, disciplined, and coached. This is so refreshing after the last several years.

Even though I've known since well before the season started that this was essentially a throwaway season, I'm so excited for the future, as long as the Pegula's give McDermott enough time. I was impressed what they've been able to do with such a lack of WR talent. Last week was tough, no doubt. But we're essentially one play away from being 3-0 right now (I know this doesn't matter in the W-L column) and it's because of the way this team is coached.

They were totally prepared and ready for the fake punt. It's almost like they knew it was coming. This is 100% coaching and preparedness.

The penalties are way down.

And we don't turn the ball over.

No matter the talent level, these things will keep us in a lot of games. I came into this season thinking 4-12, maybe 5-11. And I had accepted that, knowing that not having Sammy and Darby in the short term was going to be well worth it because we have 6 picks in the first three rounds next year and we may be able to finally get our QB.

After seeing the way these guys played today, I think 9-7 is a real possibility. I know injuries happen, etc. but Dareus wasn't on the field today and we held them to 16 points... the same team that put up over 40 on the 'girls last week.

I know tyrod isn't the guy that's gonna take us to the next level, but the guy just doesn't turn the ball over

Great observations. Bills haven't turned the ball over since the first drive of the season (and were about to set a record for fewest turnovers in a season up til the EJM game).

All NFL teams have talent. It comes down to how the coaches can use the talent in all the 3-phases of the game. The teams that win championships are the ones that are complete. Frazier and McDermott have done a fantastic job with focus and mental toughness.

All NFL teams have talent. It comes down to how the coaches can use the talent in all the 3-phases of the game. The teams that win championships are the ones that are complete. Frazier and McDermott have done a fantastic job with focus and mental toughness.

Yup. Plus the guys they inherited and kept, Hughes, Dareus, Lawson, Kyle, Brown, Alexander, are all individually driven players (yes even Dareus) and were all hampered last season by an overly complex defense where they were not allowed to do what they do best, just play football. Rex tried to out smart offenses and we suffered tremendously. Our biggest problem we're guys thinking too much, plays getting in too late and players not ready when the ball was snapped. McD and Frazier cut all of that out.

It is simple, guys play to their strengths, the calls come in quick, the players don't have to think much, and the results, like the Schwartz defense, are immediately noticeable and significant.

I don't think Frazier is getting enough love around here. McD is getting all the credit for the defense, but Frazier has these guys prepared every week so far.

My feelings too, OP. Our defense is a very pleasant surprise, especially the secondary. I'm not worried too much any more. If Mr. Bean strikes gold with, say, 3-4 picks in the draft, we could be back on top very soon. I would also add that they might even keep Taylor around until either Peterman or whoever we might draft or trade for beats him out. I imagined that the Colts, in dire need of a roster overhaul, might consider drafting a new QB and trade Luck for a pair of 1st round picks or whatever the price might be. Yeah, I know. Luck has a better chance of getting hit by lightning, I suppose. I just wanted to share that crazy thought LOL.

I liked the coach/GM combo going in and do trust the process. The results make me believe the team is finally on the right path. The defense is legit. Considering prior to the season they were described overall as has beens and never weres. The defense plays tough and adjusts at the half. And today Tyrod looked like a serviceable QB. I am not predicting playoffs, but this should be a fun team to watch all season.