Does it feel different NOW?

Didn't see any "The game is out of reach let's just go through the motions" like the last few seasons. They fought like warriors on the field. The guys ran out to congratulate each other almost to a man. That's a team! Is it a fluke? I don't think so. They are coming together. It might not be overnight but you can definitely see a difference in their play.

This win feels different because we beat a very good football team. The Jets win is still meaningless imo because they are a joke though they did beat miami. Not sure what that says about the fish. But this was a great team win against a very good team. lets see where it goes from here.

After the Jets game I posted that "this win felt different." We were not stupid. We were composed. We were not penalized to death. It got a lot of replies. Many said yes, but just as many said "its just the Jets." I hate negativity. So for one day, the optimists have it. Does it feel different yet? Absolutely!

Consider what McDermott have done with cap and personnel. Just incredible. Six picks, out of cap hell, beat the Broncos and sitting in first place - and our two highest paid players (I believe) did not even play. Un-bill-evable! Pats looked like crap against the Texans. I am not sure we are not the stronger team.

Fish = gutless.

All I know is this is a well disciplined, well coached team that has the utmost confidence and buy-in in what McDemott and the rest of the coaches are selling...it's a refreshing change to see the other team committing the idiotic penalties for a change.

After the Jets game I posted that "this win felt different." We were not stupid. We were composed. We were not penalized to death. It got a lot of replies. Many said yes, but just as many said "its just the Jets." I hate negativity. So for one day, the optimists have it. Does it feel different yet? Absolutely!

Consider what McDermott have done with cap and personnel. Just incredible. Six picks, out of cap hell, beat the Broncos and sitting in first place - and our two highest paid players (I believe) did not even play. Un-bill-evable! Pats looked like crap against the Texans. I am not sure we are not the stronger team.

Fish = gutless.

Does it feel different? I think at this point in the season, it's very hard to tell the contenders from the pretenders. For the first two weeks, I didn't like our offense - at all. This week they looked adequate, but still not much from McCoy.

We scored 6 points against a Pant'ers D that allowed NO to score 34. Is that because their D is good, or because our O was putrid? Don't know yet. I could go on. Remember that one year we were 3-0 then 5-2 then the wheels fell off?

It turned out the teams we were beating, weren't that good.

I'd like it to feel different, but I want to see which offense we have, the 6 point week 2 one or this week's before I acclaim us un-bill-evable.

I'm not ready to predict the Patriots demise, They may have looked like crap but you know, at the end of the game, the score said their crap team had more points.

Feels good. We won. Were on to ATL. I want our offense to really let loose thru the air and see if we can hang with the Falcons. A good showing, i dont want to see a give up game like they did vs pittsburg last year.

I think Dareus may be key. How's his ankle?

It is feeling different. I'm 100% expecting to end the drought if we beat Atlanta on Sunday.

Remember that one year we were 3-0 then 5-2 then the wheels fell off?

It turned out the teams we were beating, weren't that good.

I'm pretty confident Denver is at worst a top 16 team. And possibly still top 10-12. The question still remains can we beat multiple good teams in one season? Beating Atlanta would be huge. Currently this does feel more like that 3-0 year where we beat New England. It was a great win but never followed up with another signature victory.

Funny you say that. I just posted the same thing in a thread about Thornton and Washington. I thought both of them looked really good today, and maybe it will motivate Mr. Big Stuff. Let's hope.

yes lets hope , because $100million , oh well lets hope

Yes this time feels different. I'm not 100% sold on the OL coach or OC. But the O line and offense can tend to take longer to come together than the defense does (especially a less complicated scheme like McD's).

I'm willing to give them some time though. Dennison and Kubiak's offense was good enough to win a Super Bowl with Brock Osweiller and the ghost of Peyton Manning after all so he deserves a little time at least.

Overall, I just see a disciplined and well coached team. They seem to be executing the scheme very well on defense. Guys seem to have good fundamentals, technique and execution. Players are in proper position to make plays. Those are all very important things IMO.

I love how they all swarm the ball on defense, too! That's more good coaching right there.

He has these guys really buying in to what they're doing and actually playing like a true team. Everyone doing their jobs. "Be one eleventh" as McD says...

They also seem to have done a good job, at least initially, of bringing in players who fit their scheme. Most of the guys brought in by this new regime have all made an impact. That gives me hope they know what they're doing...

McDermott focused on bringing in coaches who were good teachers (of fundamentals/scheme/technique etc). That's something that Belichick has always excelled at. He's one of the best teachers of the game that there is. He doesn't (usually) have a team full of stars. He finds guys that fit his scheme/culture and he teaches them to out-execute the other team. Everyone does their job, usually very well and IMO it's one of the reasons they win so much (Brady is obviously another).

I've been a fan of McDermott (and his defense) for years and have been on the hype train since day 1 though, so maybe I'm just a homer... lol.

We controlled the 2nd half. That isn't something we've seen against a legit playoff contender in a long time.

I've been impressed with our halftime adjustments in all 3 games so far. That's something mostl all of the good coaches do well and it makes me think that we may finally have one of those good coaches ourselves. Fingers crossed!