Bills Kicker speaks about inequality

MAJBobby

And point completely missed.

There is two completely different times for the Crimes depending on White, Black or Hispanic

It's obviously there.

But I have to go to work today and do my best for my clients and try to live in this bubble while being respectful to all I come across.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooo so only allowed to post bills news that does what?

News worthy? Only as click bait. Not real news. More like worthless non-news. Types of stories only posted to get someone's jack up - and you know it.

You're definitely addicted to the drama.

Also explains your repeated, incessant, nagging, Tyrod bashing even though every single member of this forum knows your entire position on him and has known it for like - ever.

Drama. That is your drug of choice.

And in case you are wondering - Yes I am a doc. Doc Polak. :lol:

Please don't hijack this thread with your own unsolicited political opinions. OP can post this here because it's something done by a football player - perhaps the discussion should be based on Hauschka taking a chance speaking out rather than debating the issue of race inequality.

Growing up in Williamsville/Amherst, the Buffalo area seemed very segregated and many people were clueless how other races live on a daily basis. I've lived in other big metro areas as an adult and they are much more integrated even in the suburbs. My (white) children are the minority race in their public schools, which i think will benefit them later in life. That's how the real world is.

Of course it exists and it'll always exist. It's human nature. Best way to get over it is if people just treat other people with respect and dignity until they do something not to warrant that respect.

I don't particularly care for NFL players speaking about this stuff. Just focus on your kicks

People are individuals. People are not groups.

I actually LdOL at this. And it would be funny if they did cut him....probably would set a good precedent for others to keep their traps shut and just concentrate on being an outstanding player.

That would be super great. Then only message board clowns and twitter trolls get to have opinions on stuff.

sweet fancy moses. that article was painful to read. "white people are afraid to get involved'? it reads like it was a narrative of a sixth grade civics class. I'm sure he means well, but it's been my experience that lots of folks are pretty busy just trying to live their own lives. I do think it's ironic that a lot of these stories talk about the diversity of the nfl locker room--a place where membership is exclusively male and made up of highly compensated professionals and where ordinary folks are not allowed.

He expresses a noble sentiment:

“So that’s where it comes from: a place of love and caring and wanting to see the world a better place. I don’t have all the answers, I don’t even pretend to. But I am open to talking about it and I am open to learning about it with the hopes that one day, either our generation or future generations, can improve racial inequality and how people are treated around the world.”

The most interesting part of these conversations is watching how the people who are against the cause respond. To me its like being against player wearing pink gloves during Breast Cancer Awareness. I don't have breast, not a big fan of pink in general, but at the very least I can shut up and let the people who care about it most have their moment. The fact that someone else has a cause that you disagree with shouldn't create these strong negative feelings that they do.

I actually LdOL at this. And it would be funny if they did cut him....probably would set a good precedent for others to keep their traps shut and just concentrate on being an outstanding player.

What would it be like if 80% of the players in the NFL got involved? That's what you will quickly find out if you start doing things like this. I hope Bills management is smarter than the average poster and understand that this is getting bigger not smaller. If you want good free agents to consider coming here in the future don't shoot yourself in the foot by making simple minded decisions and/or comments.

You are addicted to drama Bobby.

Why else in the world would you even post this?

It's a legitimate issue and it's great that rich athletes that are sometimes seen as aloof and selfish are actually concerned about important social issues. Sports and politics have often been intertwined.

Growing up in Williamsville/Amherst, the Buffalo area seemed very segregated and many people were clueless how other races live on a daily basis. I've lived in other big metro areas as an adult and they are much more integrated even in the suburbs. My (white) children are the minority race in their public schools, which i think will benefit them later in life. That's how the real world is.

Our children will be better people than our generation. A few years ago my son referred to a classmate as the girl with the long hair- not the black girl. I was very encouraged by that. Skin color is not the first thing our children look at.