Bills Kicker speaks about inequality

MAJBobby

Stephen Hauschka: White people need to see inequality exists

Moved by the player memo to the league asking for help with awareness of issues of racial inequality and criminal justice reform, Hauschka said he wanted to do more to advance the discussion.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/22/stephen-hauschka-white-people-need-to-see-inequality-exists/

Edited by MAJBobby

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course it exists and it'll always exist. It's human nature. Best way to get over it is if people just treat other people with respect and dignity until they do something not to warrant that respect.

I don't particularly care for NFL players speaking about this stuff. Just focus on your kicks

Of course it exists and it'll always exist. It's human nature. Best way to get over it is if people just treat other people with respect and dignity until they do something not to warrant that respect.

I don't particularly care for NFL players speaking about this stuff. Just focus on your kicks

So they shouldn't be allowed to speak out because their job is to kick a ball? that doesn't seem right.

They're people too, what shouldn't they speak out.....and who should?

:thumbsup:

Sure sure sure. Ok show me THAT proof.

Nearly all disparities are socio-economic, and blacks are more likely to be on the lower end of the economic strata in part because of past injustices and in part because of Federal level social engineering which was originally targeted at blacks and has had terrible intergenerational outcomes because of the realities of perverse incentive.

Sure, racism still exists. The idea that someone is better/inferior based on the color of their skin is ignorant, disgusting and just plain wrong.

Every person is made in the image of God, and has equal value as a human being.

With that said... What this country needs is an HONEST discussion about race relations. Top to bottom. No holds barred. Not this "politically correct" crap we always get. We need a discussion that based on facts and reality, not emotion, fear and preconceptions. We need a discussion that seeks to actually STOP racism, instead of just flipping it around as some kind of retribution. We need answers that will bring us together, instead of segregating us further.

As someone that lives in St. Louis (and fears taking his family downtown because of constant riots and protesting), I'm simply tired of generic and ambiguous comments like this. Be specific. If there is racial inequality in the criminal justice system, then prove it and let's fight it together. I'm tired of every problem being blamed on "white privilege" and "systemic racism" or some other nonsensical term. If a heroin dealer ends up in a high-speed chase with the police, he's putting himself in the position to be killed by law enforcement. End of story. It's not racial inequality. It's a criminal who is asking for it.