Last nights former Bills players

bisonbrigade

I'm glad to see those players having success, their talent was being wasted here. We can't have WRs averaging over 15 yrds/catch when your QB won't throw over 7 yards past the line of scrimmage. It would have been nice to have them when we get a QB but in the mean time .... it is what it is. We will just keep spinning our wheels just like we do with our O & D. We have either good O or good D but can't ever get them to play well at the same time. Dennison is starting to remind me of the Stache. We had some good WRs but no QB. Next year we should get a QB but won't have the stellar WRs we should have. We're stuck in a vicious circle of suckitude.

Go Bills!!!!!

2015 with Watkins.

The bombs to Watkins for TDs never happened. Got it.

That's all they were bombs. not sufficient high % plays that can move the ball. Sammy is so good at the slant and we have a QB that can't make that throw. That game just really made me hate Tyrod.

What a difference a good QB makes? My god you people are mentally ill. What about good receivers?

Bills had those receivers [Woods & Watkins] and they never had those results together in a Bills uniform. So, are the receivers supposed to throw to themselves? Hello McFly, it's the QB!!!

Watkins 6 catches 106 yards and 2 TD's

Woods 6 catches 108 yards

Goodwin 2 catches 62 Tds

Robey 3 tackles 1 INT, 1 fumble recovery.

Could we use these guys on the team? It hurts to see this but hopefully we get a QB next year because this year will be a long nightmare.

Like I've been saying all along, this new front office needs to be held accountable for destroying the offense especially if they really believed they weren't completely rebuilding and would have the defense back on track.

Sick and tired of the Bills being a farm league for other NFL teams.

Bills had those receivers [Woods & Watkins] and they never had those results together in a Bills uniform. So, are the receivers supposed to throw to themselves? Hello McFly, it's the QB!!!

Well how often were both of them healthy at the same time? Then couple that with that the Rams played the 49ers on a Thursday night after a very tough physical matchup with the Seahawks. Not saying this shouldn't be Tyrod's last year but there are a lot of factors in why yesterday was a big day for Woods and Watkins

Well how often were both of them healthy at the same time? Then couple that with that the Rams played the 49ers on a Thursday night after a very tough physical matchup with the Seahawks. Not saying this shouldn't be Tyrod's last year but there are a lot of factors in why yesterday was a big day for Woods and Watkins

You've got a point about their health. Taylor is the type that will only throw to a receiver that is completely wide open. It seems he's not willing to throw it into tight windows or to a spot on the field as he doesn't want to turn the ball over.

For years, the Bills have had two major problems on offense, QB and O-line. The Bills will never be successful until they've addressed both.

Another example is Chris Hogan playing with Brady.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Watkins 6 catches 106 yards and 2 TD's

Woods 6 catches 108 yards

Goodwin 2 catches 62 Tds

Robey 3 tackles 1 INT, 1 fumble recovery.

Could we use these guys on the team? It hurts to see this but hopefully we get a QB next year because this year will be a long nightmare.

Of course. QBs need targets, and Taylor doesn't have anybody but Clay and Matthews. Robey-Coleman might have been the star of the show if not for all the fireworks from Watkins and Woods.

Oh, and BTW, Mike Gillislee rushed 18 times for 69 yards and a TD which is the same number of yards and 1 more TD than all the Bills runners in the Carolina game. Chris Hogan also grabbed 5 of Brady's passes for 78 yards and a TD in the same game.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for a young QB doing well for the Bills next season, although I supposed whoever they draft will start because the fans will need some excitement. The Bills OL line struggles more in pass protection than it did last year, and except for Glenn, the other starters are either old or unproven or turnstiles. The Bills WR corps isn't NFL caliber, and maybe not even as good as some college WR groups. The RBs are all 28 or 29, which is old for RBs. The offensive coaching isn't up to HS standards.

Tyrod has had a 100 yard receiver in 10 of his 31 games. The Rams have had 4 games with a 100 yard receiver in that same span, including last night.

The facts in this comment are real. The QB nut huggers wont even touch this one tho. People jumpin on the goff bandwagon when everyone of his WRs is better than ours. Nice work Beane.

True. It would be nice to have them , however when they actually get the quarterback they need.

Its no surprise Watkins and Woods are making an impact with a better QB throwing to them.

Another way to look at this. Goff is no better or worse than TT.

Watkins and Woods make the opposing D respect the pass which enables the running game.

Without Watkins and Woods, Gurley sucked. With Watkins and Woods making the D respect the pass, Gurley looks like a superstar.

With Watkins and Woods Shady and the Bills running game was phenomenal. Without Watkins and Woods our running game is pathetic.

If we spent a #1 and # 2 on two WRs to replace Sammy & Woods we will not get two players as good as Sammy and Woods and it will be a few years before they even contribute. Meanwhile Sammy & Woods are in their prime.

We keep developing players, let them go, and spend draft picks to replace the same positions over and over and over again which is why we will always suck. Process be damned. Beane can go back to Carolina and take Sean with him.

Another way to look at this. Goff is no better or worse than TT.

Watkins and Woods make the opposing D respect the pass which enables the running game.

Without Watkins and Woods, Gurley sucked. With Watkins and Woods making the D respect the pass, Gurley looks like a superstar.

With Watkins and Woods Shady and the Bills running game was phenomenal. Without Watkins and Woods our running game is pathetic.

If we spent a #1 and # 2 on two WRs to replace Sammy & Woods we will not get two players as good as Sammy and Woods and it will be a few years before they even contribute. Meanwhile Sammy & Woods are in their prime.

We keep developing players, let them go, and spend draft picks to replace the same positions over and over and over again which is why we will always suck. Process be damned. Beane can go back to Carolina and take Sean with him.

Good post.

Tyrod has had a 100 yard receiver in 10 of his 31 games. The Rams have had 4 games with a 100 yard receiver in that same span, including last night.

Taylor is better than Case Keenum and the corpse of Nick Foles. Good to know?

Yup, it's a waste until they fix QB.

This is a rebuild. They got rid of players they don't see on the field in '18 or beyond.

This would make sense, except if players like Vlad Ducasse and Andre Holmes are expected to be around past '18, I'd fire both McBeanes today.

Taylor is better than Case Keenum and the corpse of Nick Foles. Good to know?

This would make sense, except if players like Vlad Ducasse and Andre Holmes are expected to be around past '18, I'd fire both McBeanes today.

Obviously they need to fill out a roster and no one is trading picks for those guys.

Obviously they need to fill out a roster and no one is trading picks for those guys.

They were signed this offseason. And if both weren't, we would have another 3rd round pick in 2018.

That's why the brain trust's strategy seems to be nonexistent. If you wanna get worse today to improve for 2019, why is Kyle Williams on the team? Why are our comp pick players still here when they cost us picks? Why are you extending old NFL centers?

It doesn't jive. That, or they are trying to half-measure.

Let me ask a question, though. If you had to "get rid of players you don't see on the field in '18," would you jettison Watkins for a 2nd rounder or Holmes and Ducasse for a third?

You can't say both (because they didn't.) I know my answer, easy.

Yup, it's a waste until they fix QB.

This is a rebuild. They got rid of players they don't see on the field in '18 or beyond.

I'd prefer to see good WRs like Watkins on the field in '18. I don't really care what they see. So far the Bills offense we've seen suck$.

These moves were made for the Bills future. I have no clue how this will work out. The Rams have better WR talent today than the Bills do. Two weeks into the 2017 season.

In 5 years from now let's say Sammy, Woods and Goodwin are all retired. The Bills draft a franchise QB and a WR both hall of famers. Bills also get a DB and other players in the draft that lay the foundation for a SB. Than the Bills got what they wanted. The other teams also got what they wanted winning now with ex Bills players. The ex Bills players got what they wanted. Why do some of Bills fans want the Bills to always make the wrong moves?

They were signed this offseason. And if both weren't, we would have another 3rd round pick in 2018.

That's why the brain trust's strategy seems to be nonexistent. If you wanna get worse today to improve for 2019, why is Kyle Williams on the team? Why are our comp pick players still here when they cost us picks? Why are you extending old NFL centers?

It doesn't jive. That, or they are trying to half-measure.

Let me ask a question, though. If you had to "get rid of players you don't see on the field in '18," would you jettison Watkins for a 2nd rounder or Holmes and Ducasse for a third?

You can't say both (because they didn't.) I know my answer, easy.

Is this the 'comp picks' fantasy again? Yeah, that always works out. They are still trying to field a competitive team so yes they are going to sign FAs to complete the roster who have previously played in the NFL.

They made the decision to not pay Watkins in '18 and beyond, therefore they traded him now for value since '17 is clearly a rebuild. It's not that hard to understand if you try.

Is this the 'comp picks' fantasy again? Yeah, that always works out. They are still trying to field a competitive team so yes they are going to sign FAs to complete the roster who have previously played in the NFL.

They made the decision to not pay Watkins in '18 and beyond, therefore they traded him now for value since '17 is clearly a rebuild. It's not that hard to understand if you try.

They are trying to field a competitive team for this year? While making the team worse this year for the future? Because this is a rebuild year? Which is it? Both?

Why are comp picks fantasy? Why can't your backup G and #3 WR be two other losers off the scrap heap in FA?

Edited by jmc12290

They are trying to field a competitive team for this year? While making the team worse this year for the future? Because this is a rebuild year? Which is it? Both?

Why are comp picks fantasy? Why can't your backup G and #3 WR be two other losers off the scrap heap in FA?

To me competitive just means they wont be a complete dumpster fire like the Jets. It doesn't mean winning. If the defense stays this good for the majority of the season they will indeed be competitive.

To me competitive just means they wont be a complete dumpster fire like the Jets. It doesn't mean winning. If the defense stays this good for the majority of the season they will indeed be competitive.

I can understand that, from a coaching perspective. You don't want morale in the toilet.

But, is Andre Holmes and Vlad Ducasse the difference between us and the Jets? I think not.

I can understand that, from a coaching perspective. You don't want morale in the toilet.

But, is Andre Holmes and Vlad Ducasse the difference between us and the Jets? I think not.

Probably not. No. Reilly would probably do just as good a job. That kid played his rear off in preseason. I don't see what happens behind the scenes but he was a player on the field.

Edited by Scott7975