Taylor loathing - A dissenting opinion

Foreigner

I'm not a TT fan or hater. He's like 80% of the QBs in the league. He needs an outstanding team to look good...isn't going to look good on his own and is probably better suited for a backup role.

The OC looks horrible, he doesn't have a number 1 receiver which makes every WR a lot weaker, his OL is average. He can move the chains with his legs sometimes which is about it.

I hate when the Bills continually screw up the only part of the team that is working. Every year either the O or D is so bad the other side of the ball can't make up for it. It's maddening. I am worried because I just don't think Dennison will ever be a good OC and we have a head coach that I don't think knows what to do with that side of the ball.

God knows that in my life of being a Bills fan, there's been a lot of heartache and pain. Sometimes I don't know if I can face it again.

But I've travelled so far, I don't think I can stop it now!

I just want to know what relevancy is. I want the Bills to show me.

I want to feel what relevancy is. I know this team can show me!

Another stinker vs. Denver, and don't be surprised if Peterman's representation commences with Operation 'Agent Provocateur' and works the Buffalo media to put pressure on McDermott to make a change!

I remember when the E.J. apologists would use his stats as a way to justify us keeping him on year after year...

I can't wait to be rid of the past regime's mistakes and move forward in finding our franchise QB.

Yup. Every year back to Kelly a few have absolutely refused to look neutrally at the evidence and have become nuts on whatever below-standard guy we had. Same thing now.

And that group gets the idea that everyone else "loathes" their guy when it's almost always not loathing but a simple and justified deep doubt that the guy - be he Losman or Captain Checkdown or the aging Flutie or Tyrod - will ever make the major leaps upward necessary.

Edited by Thurman#1

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/20/buffalo-bills-lesean-mccoy-tyrod-taylor-criticism-nfl-week-3/

“I guess he gets blamed for everything, but I don’t think so. Tyrod’s a (expletive) of a player, he makes plays, and without him we would have had no shot last week,” McCoy said. “He made some plays, things weren’t blocked well and he got out of it. Certain plays, I didn’t help him out. The whole week stressing Shady, on certain plays get to the outside and I tried to cut back inside. You guys don’t see that, and a lot of people don’t see those types of things, but he’ll get blamed for it.I have a lot of confidence in Tyrod and the guys on the team, and the offense does too.”

Tyrod is Mccoys teammate and friend. When's the last time you heard of a teammate and friend of the starting qb say that the qb sucked? Find that quote and the quote you posted might actually mean something. But it doesn't.

When the Bills first made Tyrod their starter at QB, I figured he was an improvement over what they had had in a while, but he is not a franchise type QB, and the search for someone better would have to continue. That's where we are now. I leave it to the coaching staff to figure out when they want to try Peterman. He is a rookie, and will go through a rookie learning curve when he starts (yes, I said "when" not "if"). There are things they know about Peterman from multiple practice hours that we don't. However there are things that nobody can know about him as a starter, not even the coaching staff, before he actually takes the field in a regular season game. Some of those things will factor in how long it will take for him to be more effective as a starter than Tyrod. One game? five games? half a season? a full season or more?

Since I don't control the roster or the starting lineup, I try not to fret about it too much. If McDermott continues to start Tyrod, he will continue to have to deal with the results, good or bad. I think we all kind of know what we have with Tyrod, in any case. I am interested to see if Peterman can be better, but in its own good time.

I was kind of agreeing with you until you talked about "the rookie" dropping the ball on that last throw. It was a terrible throw and he was very fortunate to even get a finger on it. It was an almost impossible ball to catch.

He ran the route wrong, you must have missed the 100 page thread about it.

Edited by Tenhigh

There’s no loathing, just acceptance that Taylor’s not the long term answer to not only the Bills, but to any NFL team’s starting QB position. Taylor has entered into the “Fitzpatrick” zone. When you’re seen as a competent starting QB, but one who probably won’t ever be viewed as serious “franchise QB” option for any team.

I think we all know it’s a matter of time before Peterman is starting because the team will eventually see starting Taylor as just spinning their wheels because they will know, due to his average QB play, that he’s not in their future plans to be the QB to take them to the playoffs and beyond.
Edited by 1billsfan

There’s no loathing, just acceptance that Taylor’s not the long term answer to not only the Bills, but to any NFL team’s starting QB position. Taylor has entered into the “Fitzpatrick” zone. When you’re seen as a competent starting QB, but one who probably won’t ever be viewed as serious “franchise QB” option for any team.
I think we all know it’s a matter of time before Peterman is starting because the team will eventually see starting Taylor as just spinning their wheels because they will know, due to his average QB play, that he’s not in their future plans to be the QB to take them to the playoffs and beyond.

I agree on the eventuality of playing Peterman this year. Sean is a new HC, and the move to Peterman is less likely to happen this soon with Tyrod being the incumbent starter, a captain, a veteran etc. But it might happen around the bye week. They simply have to find out what they have in him.

What makes me excited about Peterman as an NFL QB prospect, and what I never see from Tyrod, is the ball coming out quickly, on-time, on like a 3-count, to guys in space. Siemian also does this pretty well... "throwing guys open". Against the Ravens, Nate hit Clay quickly up the seam, and Clay was able to actually run to open space for awhile before falling forward for 4 more yards once tackled. By contrast, Tyrod's throws to Clay usually result in #85 being immediately hit from behind. Peterman also hit Zay on a quick slant that was negated by a penalty, but was nonetheless an example of what a QB needs to do to be able to move the sticks consistently in the NFL.

And WR chemistry schmemistry, I say! Zay and Matthews can/should be open all day on slants - they have the skills and hands to post up a defender if need be. But Tyrod has rarely, if ever, completed quick slants to anyone. He drops back, feels out the rush, looks, and either decides to tuck and run or he throws late to a wide open guy who is then swallowed whole by the converging defenders.

As Mike Singletary would probably say, "can't win with 'em!"