Taylor loathing - A dissenting opinion

Foreigner

First of all, we can all agree that Tyrod Taylor is not Jim Kelly. Neither is any other QB not named Tom Brady. So is blaming Taylor for the past Two plus years; psychologizing blaming Taylor for the past Seventeen? It seems like the Taylor haters are out in force this year, weather in the media, social media, or various message boards, including this one. No one is going to be satisfied with our QB until we make the playoffs, because you know the old story. Win, the QB gets more credit than maybe he deserves, and lose get more blame than deserved. I would hate to think what the offense would be like if Taylor was not a mobile QB.

Calling for Nathan Peterman at QB? Give me a break. Maybe one day he will be a good quality QB. But throwing him to the wolves after a good pre season against primarily backups, and opposing teams not game planning? I don't think so.

What has Taylor had to deal with in 2017?

1. A new offensive system trying to get everyone on the same page.

2. A receiving core that is basically three receivers, none of who have been, or may never be a number one WR. As for the last play Sunday, our rookie may be a number one WR some day, but when he had two hands on the ball, he should have made the play, as difficult as it was. We will never know if any other WR would have made the catch either one or two handed but tell me Taylor haters, where does this group rate in the NFL?

3. A OL so bad, McCoy had his worse game from scrimmage ever with six or more carries. Zero yards before contact. What is to become of the run game if he can not stay healthy for 20-30 touches for Sixteen games, which is likely given his time so far in Buffalo. Does he even have a backup? With no run game against a good defense, our QB has to run for his life in the passing game. Of the five on the OL, one has a bad foot (maybe two now), another rather high draft choice has not worked out, and a third on the OL who keeps getting beat, because he does not seem good enough.

Tyrod Taylor has a winning record here as a starter, despite having two defensive minded head coaches. Phil Simms is a fan and read what McCoy said today, so hopefully Sunday there will be cheering for our QB , and not booing, if the Offense does not move, or after a bad pass. After all, I believe even Tom Brady has even thrown a couple of interceptions.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Welcome new dude!

You should post this in one of the other Tyrod threads and then delete this one.

Crazy idea for you : Change your Screen name to Juke Box Hero - that's way cooler than just using a band name. :thumbsup:

Edited by PolishDave
  • Haha (+1) 1

Do you have a fever?

But you already knew that.

Later tonight there will be 6 people who read this with Foreigner songs stuck in their heads - Once they catch themselves, they will start swearing about that Polak and those other guys on this forum. :lol::lol:

1)A new offensive system trying to get everyone on the same page.

2. A receiving core that is basically three receivers, none of who have been, or may never be a number one WR. As for the last play Sunday, our rookie may be a number one WR some day, but when he had two hands on the ball, he should have made the play, as difficult as it was. We will never know if any other WR would have made the catch either one or two handed but tell me Taylor haters, where does this group rate in the NFL?

3. A OL so bad, McCoy had his worse game from scrimmage ever with six or more carries. Zero yards before contact. What is to become of the run game if he can not stay healthy for 20-30 touches for Sixteen games, which is likely given his time so far in Buffalo. Does he even have a backup? With no run game against a good defense, our QB has to run for his life in the passing game. Of the five on the OL, one has a bad foot (maybe two now), another rather high draft choice has not worked out, and a third on the OL who keeps getting beat, because he does not seem good enough.

This is more of a rebuke of Dennison than Taylor, I understand that, but here goes to why maybe it is not Taylors fault

1) Denver has a new offensive system too, and they are thriving whilst they were putrid last year.

2) Agree on this point, the receivers do not pose a threat downfield as of today, but i think a lot of that is playcalling

3) Last year McCoy was top in the league in Yards before contact, with the exact same line.

All points to one guy in my opinion..and it aint Taylor

As someone who likes Tyrod. For him to be the long-time solution at QB he has to avoid having these style of games. Sure his worst games Buffalo does not get blown out but look completely inept on offense. Regardless of his rushing numbers 125 yards passing is poor at any level. If he does get into these games it would be different if he routinely found a way to win them. Overall, my assessment of his game is that of Russell Wilson. But, these are the kind of games he has to but the main difference is normally finds a way to win them. His first year he has a game like this vs Tennessee but found a way to win that is the last one I can think of.

This is more of a rebuke of Dennison than Taylor, I understand that, but here goes to why maybe it is not Taylors fault

1) Denver has a new offensive system too, and they are thriving whilst they were putrid last year.

2) Agree on this point, the receivers do not pose a threat downfield as of today, but i think a lot of that is playcalling

3) Last year McCoy was top in the league in Yards before contact, with the exact same line.

All points to one guy in my opinion..and it aint Taylor

Good points. I'm not sure many would have expected this. Not much reason for hope.

3 year starter

7 in the league. Still excuses

Not even a little blame can be based on Dennison? I am of the belief we need to be better at QB, but this guy has me thinking he his Rex V2,only on offense

BTW, I knew there was a reason I have always hated Foreigner, it it is right here in this thread :bag:

Edited by plenzmd1

I've done some research folks and there's some simple facts associated with our current quarterback. Divide all of the games he's started in half and rank them in order of passing yards. Now look at the win loss record of those games for the team (yes I said TEAM) for the games where he's been most productive versus the games he's been the least productive. His win % in his most productive games is 19%. His win % in his least productive games is is almost 4X that. Taking all the anecdotal stuff aside (defense wasn't good enough; Sammy Watkins; etc.), the simple fact is that he isn't a guy that can carry or lead a team and win. His record (if you even want to call it "his") is because of what his team mates do, not him. The opposite is true for any of the quarterbacks that we would consider great or even good quarterbacks. When their productivity is up, they're winning most of their games. When their productivity is down, that's when their team loses. It's not always 100% of the time, but it's telling.

The old saying is applicable here that "you can see a lot by looking". There probably isn't a better scrambler than Tyrod. However, when you force him to beat you in the air, he just can't do it. It has nothing to do with the guys that he has catching the football, his weapons, or his offensive line. That's just another excuse.

Edited by Luxy312