Broncos fan forums

YoloinOhio

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adolphus was just interviewed on WGR. He said he never touched the OL's face and he asked him after the flag if he thought he touched his face and even the OL said no. He said he did touch his neck which is legal.

Yep...saw it on replay. Uggh....made me a little upset. Not as upset on Preston Brown being held though...that was right in front of the ref.

Yep...saw it on replay. Uggh....made me a little upset. Not as upset on Preston Brown being held though...that was right in front of the ref.

The way the refs favoured the Broncos, with a neutral officiating crew i don't think this game would have even been close we are that much better than Denver.

Adolphus was just interviewed on WGR. He said he never touched the OL's face and he asked him after the flag if he thought he touched his face and even the OL said no. He said he did touch his neck which is legal.

it as more of a horse collar "hold" from the front than a face mask IMO

Seems odd to me that putting a hand on a guys adams apple would be legal. But definitely the hand was not above the neck area for sure.

Seems odd to me that putting a hand on a guys adams apple would be legal. But definitely the hand was not above the neck area for sure.

He didn't put it on his adams apple per say. He grabbed his jersey and pushed up, so he was holding the collar of his jersey and his fist was touching his neck/throat area.

He didn't put it on his adams apple per say. He grabbed his jersey and pushed up, so he was holding the collar of his jersey and his fist was touching his neck/throat area.

That is how I saw it too. That would mean you are still putting a good amount of pressure on the throat/adams apple area. Doesn't seem like something that should be legal even if it happens by accident. But I also don't know the exact rule.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

When i first saw it I thought it was hands to the face too. imagine only having one quick look at it.

Having replay is great, refs don't have that.

That is how I saw it too. That would mean you are still putting a good amount of pressure on the throat/adams apple area. Doesn't seem like something that should be legal even if it happens by accident. But I also don't know the exact rule

The infraction was called "hands to the face"

not hands to the throat.

I could see a hands to the throat being a penalty, however, I do not know of any rules for an infraction of that kind. Maybe they should have one but none as of now.

The infraction was called "hands to the face"

not hands to the throat.

I could see a hands to the throat being a penalty, however, I do not know of any rules for an infraction of that kind. Maybe they should have one but none as of now.

It is included in the illegal use of hands "Thrusts hands forward and above the frame of an opponent to contact him in the head, neck or face" but they note "Contact in close-line play that is not direct and forcible is not a foul"

It is included in the illegal use of hands "Thrusts hands forward and above the frame of an opponent to contact him in the head, neck or face" but they note "Contact in close-line play that is not direct and forcible is not a foul"

Thank you. Then what he did was a foul as it was forceful.