Bills D #2 in NFL after week 2

CanadianFan

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2017&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

MNF won't change that position. Would be interesting how it holds up against Denver and Atlanta the next two weeks. The speed of our LBs concerns me against those offenses.

1) it is a giant indictment of Rex and he shouldn't get more than a positional coaching position.

There has always been a ton of defense talent on this team.

2). The Jets are awful and the Panthers are really clicking yet. They only had 287 against SF.

That said, great job by the D especially given how bad the offense is.

While it's a good sign( and an indictment of Rex's overly complex system) I'm not convinced this unit will finish among the NFLs best. If they can have similar performances against the better teams on the schedule, it will be a much greater indication of their overall status.

The D looks really good.

Unfortunately our offense is one of the worst in the league.

I was shocked to see we are 27th in passing yards per game. How in the world are we not 31st or 32nd?

If we can maintain a top 10 defensive ranking through the next two games we will really be on to something on that side of the ball.

I still think it's a mirage and these defensive ratings will plummet soon especially after these next two games against the Broncos and Falcon's offenses.

Guys are going to stop giving max effort when they realize the offense isn't capable of scoring more than 10 points a game.

I don't think the effort will drop, but being on the field so much will lead to injuries.

It seems the Bills have been flip-flopping which side of the ball is good. Under Marrone, the defense was good under Pettine, then improved even more under Schwartz, but the offense was terrible. Under Rex, the defense was terrible and the offense was good. Now, we’re back to the defense being very good, but the offense has regressed. It would be nice to have some balance on the team, but that all starts with the QB and having a good pass protecting O-line. I just hope Leslie Frazier stays on as the DC long enough for the Bills to turn the offense around.

Yes, the D played well and definitely good enough to win with an average offensive effort. But the D did give up some long drives and couldn't get off the field on 3rd down (including some 3rd and long). That opening drive set the tone for the game, taking off almost 7 minutes and putting pressure on the offense. It happened on more than one occasion where it was crucial to put a drive together and give the D a rest because of a long sustained drive by the Panthers. While we only gave up 9 points, our offense often times had very poor field position. We lost both time of possession and field position in a big way.

Again, the defense did their job and the offense was horrific, but that Carolina D was kept fresh, their offense flipped field position for the D and we couldn't get out of it.

Yes, the D played well and definitely good enough to win with an average offensive effort. But the D did give up some long drives and couldn't get off the field on 3rd down (including some 3rd and long). That opening drive set the tone for the game, taking off almost 7 minutes and putting pressure on the offense. It happened on more than one occasion where it was crucial to put a drive together and give the D a rest because of a long sustained drive by the Panthers. While we only gave up 9 points, our offense often times had very poor field position. We lost both time of possession and field position in a big way.

Again, the defense did their job and the offense was horrific, but that Carolina D was kept fresh, their offense flipped field position for the D and we couldn't get out of it.

What defense doesn't give up drives at times? They supposed to force 3 and outs every drive? You give up 9 points on defense you should win the game, period

What defense doesn't give up drives at times? They supposed to force 3 and outs every drive? You give up 9 points on defense you should win the game, period

I 100% agree with you. Every defense is going to give up some points; some long drives; etc. it happens..

I'm just hoping that this season isn't the reverse of last season. Just like we can sit here and say that if the defense only gives up 9 points, last season we were saying the reverse: When the Bills lost the following games despite scoring 31 (Jets); 25 (Fins); 25 (Pats); 25 (Hawks); 31 (Fins).

Billsy.

Edited by bobobonators