Big takeaway from our opponent today: Newton way overrated

No, this is not me saying that Taylor is better than Newton.

Yes, I am anticipating a lot of folks just jumping down my throat and this thread.

Try being objective for even a second today.

In a vacuum, we're going to move on from our current QB after this year if our passing game doesn't vastly improve and use an arsenal of draft picks to supposedly draft our future franchise QB who will likely compete for the starting job right away with Taylor and/or Peterman.

Carolina is stuck with a guy with serious accuracy issues (today was far from an anomaly for Newton), who too often only throws to WRs who are wide open (helloooooo why were they so damn wide open at those points?!) and who already seems to be getting seriously affected by all the NFL hits he's taking.

The Panthers have a fantastic D. If they're a good team this year, their likely riding their Elite D all the way. Not their overrated QB.

Onto the next Elite D :doh:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he still has injury issues affecting him. He lost his Pro Bowl center hours before the game, his security blanket Olsen during the game, was sacked 6 times and under pressure quite often, and still played a decent game.

I don't think their D is that good, and certainly not elite. They have good numbers through 2 weeks because they played us and the 49ers. Let's see how they fare against the Saints and Pats in the next 2 weeks.

I think he still has injury issues affecting him. He lost his Pro Bowl center hours before the game, his security blanket Olsen during the game, was sacked 6 times and under pressure quite often, and still played a decent game.

I don't think their D is that good, and certainly not elite. They have good numbers through 2 weeks because they played us and the 49ers. Let's see how they fare against the Saints and Pats in the next 2 weeks.

Olsen was there most of the game dude. And on top of Olsen he has an Elite WR in Benjamin, a supposedly Elite rookie hybrid in McCafferry who he flat MISSED on a wide open TD that would have made our final 2 minute drive garbage time and other WRs like Funchess who've been good in the league.

And are you serious about their D? Their front 7 might be the best in football, yet we decided running on that front 7 was the best game plan even after it wasn't working for over half the game. So stupid.

Olsen was there most of the game dude. And on top of Olsen he has an Elite WR in Benjamin, a supposedly Elite rookie hybrid in McCafferry who he flat MISSED on a wide open TD that would have made our final 2 minute drive garbage time and other WRs like Funchess who've been good in the league.

And are you serious about their D? Their front 7 might be the best in football, yet we decided running on that front 7 was the best game plan even after it wasn't working for over half the game. So stupid.

Olsen was OUT most of the game. He left at the beginning of the 2nd Quarter.

Newton was incredible. That pass on the first drive between three defenders was very good.

He's very fast in his progressions and often beats his receivers. The Bills just kept everything in front of them and rushed the passer. When it got in the redzone it got tight. Game easily could have been 21-3.

McCaffrey sucks. At Stanford he was bigger and faster than everyone, but in the NFL he's small and slow.

thier D will likely carry his team further than the bills D carries the team simply because they have the better QB. he's not overrated, he's just the better QB.

the bills defense can only go as far as the offense goes and in yesterday's case, the bills only managed 3 points on offense, that's not going to get the job done!

No, this is not me saying that Taylor is better than Newton.

Yes, I am anticipating a lot of folks just jumping down my throat and this thread.

Try being objective for even a second today.

In a vacuum, we're going to move on from our current QB after this year if our passing game doesn't vastly improve and use an arsenal of draft picks to supposedly draft our future franchise QB who will likely compete for the starting job right away with Taylor and/or Peterman.

Carolina is stuck with a guy with serious accuracy issues (today was far from an anomaly for Newton), who too often only throws to WRs who are wide open (helloooooo why were they so damn wide open at those points?!) and who already seems to be getting seriously affected by all the NFL hits he's taking.

The Panthers have a fantastic D. If they're a good team this year, their likely riding their Elite D all the way. Not their overrated QB.

Onto the next Elite D :doh:

I agree about Newton yesterday. Missed far too many very very open receivers, including the one that would have been a simple TD and ended the game.

newton made the plays needed to win. he converted multiple 3rd downs with long yardage. He controlled TOP amazingly and the Bills should be embarrassed. if it weren't for the Bill's defense, the outcome would have been a blowout. he also beat McDerm, an ex couch that should be more than familiar with his ex team. a couple or errant passes doesn't make someone overrated.

some members of this board have an inane hatred for newton and it's hilarious. he is now 2-0

Not sure why people keep insisting this about Newton when he's 2 years removed from being the league MVP and having one of the best single season and post season's ever in Carolina that year.

The issue with him is that he's not 100% coming off shoulder surgery which is also why we only lost the game by 6 points and miraculously had a chance to win.

Against the Broncos and certainly the Falcons it's going to be a much better story given the QB's we are facing.

Cam is Cam.

This team under Rivera is notorious for slow starts. The 2015 season started unimpressively also and got the to the SB.

Cam seemed to miss some of the underneath stuff to McC , I noticed. This Offense and Coordinator are trying to figure out who they are and what they have.

The difference/ between week one and two was noticeable. They and Cam will be fine.

Hmmmm. I thought many said this team could run the ball on anyone ? Look, Cam hasn't played well in awhile.He still appears to have injury issues. This doesn't erase the fact that he has been a ( deserved) league MVP and took a team to the Super Bowl with an avarage group of WR. That's being objective. I'd rather the Bills be " stuck" with Newton than any of the parade of joke QBs we've been subjected to the last 17 years. Edited by Boatdrinks

I don't think he's overrated. Any given year I'd wager he's a fringe top 10 guy allowing for swings dependent upon his health which hasn't been right the last two years. He's certainly not healthy this season.

Taking a team to the Super Bowl after going 15-1 and winning NFL MVP throwing to Ted Ginn and Philly Brown is no small feat. I'd say he's pretty accurately rated by most.

Because passing the ball was working.....

How can you say he missed? I think the rookie ran the wrong route.