Big takeaway from our opponent today: Newton way overrated

I am pleased to see Transplant. It is progress.

And yes, I am not sure if the 2015 MVP Cam is still in there. Can he still be an above average QB? Sure. Bur can he be the dynamic playmaker who led his team to a Superbowl? Not convinced.

Kinda part of my initial point.

Frankly, I wouldn't want to be in Carolina's position at QB right now. I think they're stuck with Newton for at least another 5 years or so. And as much as people are pointing to his age as some kind of proof he's in his prime, they don't seem to be considering all the hits and injuries piling up on him, which are clearly taking their toll physically and probably (as you reference) mentally, as well.

That statement above is not me comparing Newton to Taylor or saying I'd rather have Taylor in any way, whatsoever.

I like the position we're in at QB because we aren't stuck with an average to barely above average QB (and that's what I believe Cam is at this point) for the next half decade or so. We're able to address the position in a serious manner in less than a calendar year :thumbsup:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't ever really disagreeing with your point. I think there are some mitigating factors for Cam (the way the Panthers think you can plug and play other people's trash at the 2nd most important position on offense - LT - really worries me about the McBean combo going forward) but I do doubt that the 2015 Cam is in there still.

I wasn't ever really disagreeing with your point. I think there are some mitigating factors for Cam (the way the Panthers think you can plug and play other people's trash at the 2nd most important position on offense - LT - really worries me about the McBean combo going forward) but I do doubt that the 2015 Cam is in there still.

I don't know Gunner. He made some plays in the first half that only guys like Cam and Big Ben can make. He also was done his C, LT, and security blanket. If his shoulder gets right, I think Carolina can make some real noise.