Big takeaway from our opponent today: Newton way overrated

:lol: Yeah, TDs and Turnovers per attempt are totally meaningless.

If anything it speaks to sample-size. But, if you look, Cam simply hasn't been the same since 2015. It's not just a 2 game stretch this year.

Totally agree. Not been the same player since that Superbowl loss. I think some if it might be mental.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the refs let happen to him in the opener last year was a crime. I don't know if any qb has taken as many blantant head shots as he did.

he was running the ball and lowering his head as a runner

He got what he deserved. When you lower your shoulder on someone and/or dip your head what are you supposed to do?

The guy is tall and large. You can't hit him light. If you go low he will juke you or you'll get a flag for low hit + fine.

The guy is the prime example of bull **** soft calls. Brady doesn't lower his head. Rodger nor Ryan nor Eli nor Donner nor Blitzen. They slide. They know their value.

Cam tries to be the all Star and now is scrambled eggs.

But don't for a minute think that he doesn't bring most of this on himself for the style of play.

He does get late hits, headshots, etc. Those aren't cool. But, they're part of the game and ok by me when he will stand there and "dab on ya" after he just trucked you for a first down in the 3rd quarter 5 minutes after an INT.

He's a punk ass, soft fragile cry baby.

He got what he deserved. When you lower your shoulder on someone and/or dip your head what are you supposed to do?

The guy is tall and large. You can't hit him light. If you go low he will juke you or you'll get a flag for low hit + fine.

The guy is the prime example of bull **** soft calls. Brady doesn't lower his head. Rodger nor Ryan nor Eli nor Donner nor Blitzen. They slide. They know their value.

But don't for a minute think that he doesn't bring most of this on himself for the style of play.

He does get late hits, headshots, etc. Those aren't cool. But, they're part of the game and ok by me when he will stand there and "dab on ya" after he just trucked you for a first down in the 3rd quarter 5 minutes after an INT.

How do you feel about Edelman?

Good posting :thumbsup:

I might believe Transplant wasn't making a comparison to Taylor if he hadn't told me earlier in the year he is only interested in talking about the Bills starting QB.

On the topic at hand... yea Cam has been bad through 2 games. I actually think he has been bad since that Superbowl defeat for the most part. There are some mitigating factors...

1. The Panthers tackle play last season and through two games has been beyond brutal. The Matt Kalil contract was the worst handed out this offseason. I think as a result Cam has started to see ghost pressures.

2. Their weapons are not great. Benjamin has lost any burst he once had and is basically just a contested catch, redzone and posession guy now. Funchess as their other starter is gross. If he was 3 inches shorter he wouldn't be in the league. He is bad.

3. They are trying to fast track McCaffrey. He hasn't massively impressed me through 2 games I have to say. Scale his workload back... let JStew be the bellcow and have packages of plays McCaffrey comes in to run.

4. I feel like they are stale at coordinator. Mike Shula has done a good job with Cam through his early years but now to develop him as a passer they need the adapt the offense. I think McCaffrey and Curtis Samuel were drafted to help with that. I just don't believe they are being used properly.

However, even allowing for that I have always thought Cam is in that 10-14 bracket of QBs. To make the jump any higher he has to be a better passer.... cos the likes of Stafford, Rivers... even Flacco have him beat there all day.

Except that you'll notice I've been posting about a lot of other subjects lately.

Trying to abide by that rule I didn't know about regarding posting about a variety of subjects. :flirt:

Totally agree. Not been the same player since that Superbowl loss. I think some if it might be mental.

In other words, Cam might never be the same. Right?

Nah. I watched that game with my brother, a Panthers fan, and we were both floored at what they allowed Denver to do do Newton. Two of the hits to the head were when he was standing in the pocket, and the other was when he was flushed and clearly throwing the ball away OOB, had pretty much given himself up. He's the opposite of getting soft calls.

Nah. I watched that game with my brother, a Panthers fan, and we were both floored at what they allowed Denver to do do Newton. Two of the hits to the head were when he was standing in the pocket, and the other was when he was flushed and clearly throwing the ball away OOB, had pretty much given himself up. He's the opposite of getting soft calls.

were they fined and/or penalized? Yes.

He handles 'em better than most.

he really does. i think he's just accepted that he's not an NFL golden boy, and won't get those calls.

some people on this board, again, have an inane hatred for newton, and it's pretty weird.

he really does. i think he's just accepted that he's not an NFL golden boy, and won't get those calls.

some people on this board, again, have an inane hatred for newton, and it's pretty weird.

I don't like losers. I don't like show offs. And I don't like jerks. He's all 3.

Except that you'll notice I've been posting about a lot of other subjects lately.

Trying to abide by that rule I didn't know about regarding posting about a variety of subjects. :flirt:

In other words, Cam might never be the same. Right?

I am pleased to see Transplant. It is progress.

And yes, I am not sure if the 2015 MVP Cam is still in there. Can he still be an above average QB? Sure. Bur can he be the dynamic playmaker who led his team to a Superbowl? Not convinced.

has he won a super bowl?

He was MVP because of his marketing. Plain and simple.

And NCAA ball = tom tobew proves it's a joke

Stop. You have some good takes on other stuff but you are ridiculous with your Newton stuff. He's not perfect but he's a damn good qb who has HOF potential. He got the crap kicked out of him Sunday because of a garbage o line and just played through it.

I'm sorry he stole one of your Tinder girlfriends but let it go. :)

I am pleased to see Transplant. It is progress.

And yes, I am not sure if the 2015 MVP Cam is still in there. Can he still be an above average QB? Sure. Bur can he be the dynamic playmaker who led his team to a Superbowl? Not convinced.

He coming off rotator cuff surgery which is awful for a qb. If he can survive their terrible oline, Matt Khalil is awful, he will be fine IMO. Buy low on Panthers offensive players.

Stop. You have some good takes on other stuff but you are ridiculous with your Newton stuff. He's not perfect but he's a damn good qb who has HOF potential. He got the crap kicked out of him Sunday because of a garbage o line and just played through it.

I'm sorry he stole one of your Tinder girlfriends but let it go. :)

He coming off rotator cuff surgery which is awful for a qb. If he can survive their terrible oline, Matt Khalil is awful, he will be fine IMO. Buy low on Panthers offensive players.

he will not make the hall of fame the way it is looking. he has shown no ability to recover from the super bowl.

i'll leave it at that.