Offensive Line

Bronc24

I know we need a QB. Today finally turned me. But I think we would do any young QB a disservice by not taking the Cowboys approach of building a solid offensive line for (insert QB name here) to play behind. I think we have pieces, but aren't solid tackle to tackle.

Thoughts?

It depends. Mills is bad. There were a couple times where the line just collapsed, especially on the interior runs.

BUT - you have to consider they had 8 in the box a lot. That should have enticed the QB to make quick reads and get the ball out quickly. You also have to understand that on many plays Tyrod had plenty of time and still got nothing off or took a sack. You don't get all day in the NFL. Make your quick read and sense the pressure. Step up in the pocket if you have to. I can't stand when he abandons the receivers.

Both at times. But the right side of the line is a huge issue. No way to blame taylor for that

we just need a better QB

That pretty much sums it up.

Excuse me. The west coast is design to run, short passes to set up the long pass. TT could hit either.

Exactly.

a little. You still have to be able to passss....

Misdirection wouldn't have helped in my opinion. The line was eaten alive and spit out. We do not have many athletes play OL. Our OTs are big soft marshmallows. Wood is simply not big enough or strong enough to handle the larger, aggressive DTs/NTs on some teams. We can't get push and therefore try to play off the edges. Year in and year out the same teams win in part because they have good solid line play. Dallas, Packers, NE, Steelers,etc. Remember what the Skins did to us in the SB? And Dallas. In the 90s we had a fair OL too! Football is still won in the trenches. The Skins beat us with Mark Rypien and the Giants with their back up Hostetler,

They ran Shady too often. It wasn't working.

Roll outs, quick passes (like Brady to Edelman), play action.

Nope, run Shady.

Where in God's name was the play-action today? I was absolutely shocked that Dennison didn't go to that more often, considering he probably knew Carolina was going to stack the box...

I'll have to wait for Bocephuz to breakdown the all 22 for Bill's O

That was painful to watch. Glenn out again is bad news. I don't blame Zay or Taylor for that last play. A good call but long passes can be iffy.

The Denver DC will eat this game film up.

Edited by ALF

I know we need a QB. Today finally turned me. But I think we would do any young QB a disservice by not taking the Cowboys approach of building a solid offensive line for (insert QB name here) to play behind. I think we have pieces, but aren't solid tackle to tackle.

Thoughts?

Ezekiel Elliott has “frustrating” day with 8 rushing yards

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/18/ezekiel-elliott-has-frustrating-day-with-8-rushing-yards/

Where in God's name was the play-action today? I was absolutely shocked that Dennison didn't go to that more often, considering he probably knew Carolina was going to stack the box...

if u cant run they dont fall for it. Tyrod needed to beat them with regular passing first to keep them honest so we can run, then utilize playaction. But unfortunately tyrod cant do that

Dallas has a excellent OL and a good QB but Zeke ran 9 times for 8 yds against Denver the Bills next opponent

McCoy rushed 12 times for 9 yds.

whats the over/under for tyrod passing yards, 100?