Anyone else tired of hearing "it was just the Jets..."?

TheFunPolice

That was my point. It's way too soon to know anything, either positive or negative (as it applies to the whole season's performance.) Until the half way mark all you have is indicators. They're probably not going to be 1-7 or 7-1 (although I'll take 7-1). My comment was directed at both ends of the lunatic fringe spectrum. Even though most posters are way above average in real football smarts and provide great insight on the Bills with what they write (and why I usually keep my mouth shut) it seems that far too often some here put their thoughts in motion without engaging their brain first.

a bad loss would have told us a ton negatively, the win is a good baby step of a positive for the season.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really is just the Jets. Can't take much away from that game other than they were ready to complete and won a game they were supposed to win.

It's a positive for sure but drawing other conclusions against a bad football team is kinda pointless. They were ready to go for week one and now we'll see if they have the ability to beat a better team on the road in week two.

Even when the Bills dominated the Colts and healthy Andrew Luck in Rex Ryan's debut a few years ago I wasn't fooled.

Also anybody remember 2003 when we shut out the Patriots 31-0?

How about 2008 and 2011?

Barely beating a ragged Jets roster is just that...and pretty sure just about every team on our schedule this year has the Bills game circled as a win,

LOL

It was just the Jits.. The Bills have a 17 year long history to pull from.. Until we show we are a consistent team then the fact remains.. It was just the jets

Am I encouraged... yes but been down this road before so I have to temper expectation. Proof is in the pudding. I'll make my call on this team mid October.. Week 6 / 7

This team has been letting me down for 17 years. The Bledsoe loss against the Steelers. The 4-0 start with Fitz just to name a few moments. Not getting my hopes up after beating the Jets. The Jets blow. It was like winning a fifth preseason game. The win tells us absolutely nothing with respect to the rest of this season. On the plus sign the team did appear to be better prepared. Fewer penalties. No mass confusion getting plays and players in and out between downs. Big pluses. Just dont think this team has the overall talent to be more than a 7,8, or 9 win team at the most.

We'll, the JESTS fans can console themselves with "We'll, it was just The Bills".

Jets fans are probably saying, "We gave the game away on purpose; at least with other teams we won't have to work so hard to lose the game."

Pats get the benefit of the doubt because they win all the time.

We don't get the benefit of ****.

It was just the Jets. They blow, and it's not as if we just imposed our will on them. To be excited beating the jets you really have to hang 35 on their D, and have the game put away by halftime.

My opinion of course...