Bills "can't wait to unleash Tyrod Taylor"

HappyDays

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. It doesn't. That is an amateur take. It's irresponsible and it's lazy.

Steve Young was a backup. Aaron Rodgers was a backup. Corner cases, yes, but everyone knew they were going to be better than most starters in the league.

The definition of a backup is that they are the next in line QB for the team they're on. It has nothing to do with comparing them to other backups, or starters, across the league.

But if you insist, how about this ... every team's starter is better than Tyrod Taylor except McCown, Savage, Tolzien, Bortles and Hoyer.

Backups who are better than Taylor (in my opinion, of course, cupcake): Garrapalo, Watson, Trubisky, Mahomes, Kizer, McCarron and Moore. And I'll top it off with a Free Agent - Kaepernick.

There's your 32+ who I would rather have start for Buffalo. I didn't even throw Peterman in there!!

Wow.

You think Cutler (or Tannehill... take your pick), Goff, the current Carson Palmer, Kizer, Glennon, Watson, McCarron, Trubisky, Garrapalo, Mahomes, Moore and Siemian are all really better than Taylor? Based off what? Preseason for some of those guys? College careers for others? 1 game for Goff? What you think their careers will look like?

Wow.

You think Cutler (or Tannehill... take your pick), Goff, the current Carson Palmer, Kizer, Glennon, Watson, McCarron, Trubisky, Garrapalo, Mahomes, Moore and Siemian are all really better than Taylor? Based off what? Preseason for some of those guys? College careers for others? 1 game for Goff? What you think their careers will look like?

I cannot see the future.

I can, however, reflect on the past two years.

It's fine if people want to compare the two. The problem I have is then people try to compare them. Why is that difficult?

I'm really glad I'm not the only one confused here.

This really doesn't make much sense

I cannot see the future.

And what?

You assume a guys who haven't even played a meaningful NFL snap like Mahomes and Trubisky are better already than a guy who's started 30 NFL games over the last 2 years?

I actually think TT played pretty well on Sunday. I criticize the hell out of him (fairly), but I also give credit where it's due.

Tyrod did play well. Clay had 4 drops in the 1st half. If he catches that one on the goal line TT goes 3 TD 0 INT. That ball was very catchable and went right threw his hands. Yes he was going to get popped, but you gotta make that play. Edited by LABILLBACKER

I'm really glad I'm not the only one confused here.

This really doesn't make much sense

And what?

You assume a guys who haven't even played a meaningful NFL snap like Mahomes and Trubisky are better already than a guy who's started 30 NFL games over the last 2 years?

Yes.

Because I already know the one who, after 6 years in the league, isn't taking any team beyond a .500-ish season.

Why is that so difficult?

And go ahead and compare Tyrod to Cam Newton. I can respect that. Just don't put their stats side by side and as me to take it seriously.

Tyrod did play well. Clay had 4 drops in the 1st half. If he catches that one on the goal line TT goes 3 TD 0 INT. That ball was very catchable and went right threw his hands. Yes he was going to get popped, but you gotta make that play.

Clay most certainly did not have 4 drops in that game.

I cannot see the future.

Reflect on an offense that finished top 10 in scoring over 2 years and broke single-game yardage records for the franchise and had a QB selected to the pro bowl in consecutive seasons.

Edited by bobobonators

I will look at it. To me, and I have seen it about eight times, it was both a kinda bad pass and a dropped ball. There is no question he could have made a better pass. And high and behind are extra hard to make. But to me there is also no question that your big dollar TE has to make that touchdown catch when it hits his hands like that. Both things can be true.

I don't think you can use a play like that as an example of "missing open receivers" when the play is clearly there to be had, he looks at Clay all the way, he's open for a touchdown and it should have been a touchdown. You can blame him for not throwing a good pass, sure. But IMO you can't say that he missed a way open guy in Zay Jones.

Btw, where is that link to the pass. I can't find it.

Edit. Found it. Doesn't change my opinion of it. Not great pass. Still should have been caught.

I'm not a TT critic, I think he's good enough to take us to the playoffs with a top 8 defense and top 5 rushing team.

Just that on that play he should have thrown it to Clay half a second earlier as he was making his break. Or if he had spotted Zay it would have been a wide open TD at the back of the end zone.

Also I'd like to note that overall I thought TT played well

Reflect on an offense that finished top 10 in scoring over 2 years and broke single-game yardage records for the franchise and had a QB selected to the pro bowl in consecutive seasons.

Don't forget about the awesome QB rating and the minimal interceptions!!!

Don't forget about the awesome QB rating and the minimal interceptions!!!

You can mock it all you want, but it must be a sad existence on your end to be constantly so down on a player of a team you root for when said player has been one of the better players on the team over the last 2 seasons. :thumbsup:

This thread is ridiculously long btw. Gugny, you're still OK in my book. Just blind is all. :):):)

Last year he cant carry the offense. Did so vs Seattle in Seattle. He cant throw over 300 yards. Did so vs Miami. He wont use the TE. Over the last 4 games Clay leads the team in touchdown catches ans led the team in catches last year. This offseason and for 2 years, he cant throw over the middle. Goes 7-8 I believe. As a Bills fan I am happy with Taylor as a QB. Does everything you ask of him. Give him a defense that wont fold in the 4th quarter and he will lead us to the playoffs.

And go ahead and compare Tyrod to Cam Newton. I can respect that. Just don't put their stats side by side and as me to take it seriously.

you don't watch much football do you? I did the stat comparison and TT outplayed Cam last year by so much including Cam's MVP season only some of his numbers were better. If you don't like Tyrod you would despise Cam and his sub 60% completion percentage. You know if you watched him play at all. Edited by section122

I'm not a TT critic, I think he's good enough to take us to the playoffs with a top 8 defense and top 5 rushing team.

Just that on that play he should have thrown it to Clay half a second earlier as he was making his break. Or if he had spotted Zay it would have been a wide open TD at the back of the end zone.

Also I'd like to note that overall I thought TT played well

Zay was wide open because Taylor threw to Clay.

You can mock it all you want, but it must be a sad existence on your end to be constantly so down on a player of a team you root for when said player has been one of the better players on the team over the last 2 seasons. :thumbsup:

This thread is ridiculously long btw. Gugny, you're still OK in my book. Just blind is all. :):):)

You're okay in my book, too, man.

All I want is to have a QB who doesn't need a top 3 defense, a top 3 running game and stellar special teams in order to win a game.

I want a QB who, when we're down 4 with 3 minutes left to play, can orchestrate a 2:52 minute drive that results in a TD.

That ain't Tyrod.

We deserve .. and we need .. better.

I love the kid. Big heart. Works his ass off. Great attitude. I simply don't think he's very good and I definitely don't think he's a legitimate starter on a team that expects to be in the playoffs every year.

I want to believe in him. You have no idea how badly. But game after game, I see the same deficiencies. And a QB in his 7th year never turns a corner.

This is how I can explain it best. I can remember two games in which he was great. The MIA and SEA games last year. That's two out of 30 games.

I'd rather have a QB who we can talk about and say, "remember that real schitty game he had against ...."

The good ones shouldn't be the ones that stick out. That's all I'm saying.

Edited by Gugny

You're okay in my book, too, man.

All I want is to have a QB who doesn't need a top 3 defense, a top 3 running game and stellar special teams in order to win a game.

I want a QB who, when we're down 4 with 3 minutes left to play, can orchestrate a 2:52 minute drive that results in a TD.

That ain't Tyrod.

We deserve .. and we need .. better.

I love the kid. Big heart. Works his ass off. Great attitude. I simply don't think he's very good and I definitely don't think he's a legitimate starter on a team that expects to be in the playoffs every year.

I want to believe in him. You have no idea how badly. But game after game, I see the same deficiencies. And a QB in his 7th year never turns a corner.

This is how I can explain it best. I can remember two games in which he was great. The MIA and SEA games last year. That's two out of 30 games.

I'd rather have a QB who we can talk about and say, "remember that real schitty game he had against ...."

The good ones shouldn't be the ones that stick out. That's all I'm saying.

We'll see man. I think he's good enough to take a decent team to the playoffs for a few years. And i think hes good enough to win a game in the playoffs on a really good team.

He just turned 28 last month. Hes in his prime right now and possibly beginning to get comfortable in his own NFL skin.

We'll see man. I think he's good enough to take a decent team to the playoffs for a few years. And i think hes good enough to win a game in the playoffs on a really good team.

He just turned 28 last month. Hes in his prime right now and possibly beginning to get comfortable in his own NFL skin.

We shall see.

I'm not rooting for him to fail. I'd love for him to emerge as the future so we can utilize the 437 draft picks on other positions.

It's a long season and I guess we'll just see what happens.

I hope the Bills plan to "unleash" Taylor this week. Didn't see it last week.

Has the guy ever even called an audible? Do they trust him to?

Has he ever called an audible and have you ever noticed him call an audible are two different things.

I don't pretend to be an expert, but he audibled at least once in week one as the color commentator actually pointed it out.