Anyone else get pissed when Michael's disrespected Buffalo?

JerseyBills

After TD Mike had that 3 solid runs in the 2nd quarter, he praised him heavily, saying he reminded him of Bell on one run..

Then talked him coming from Buffalo, where he said

" I think NE has better players from Buffalo than Buffalo does."

Gills ended up with 13 carries for 20 yards after the 16 yarder and 9 yard run. Totaling 15 for 45 yards. Impressive 3 goal line Tds, but it was clear he can't sustain production late in the game , wasn't a number 1 back here and don't see that changing...

Gilmore looked very average at best. Hogan had 25 total yards ,1 reception and 3 carries.

Just a very ignorant comment and very disrespectful.

Funny thing is,our O is perfectly built to beat that SOFT run D ,we can do them like KC did them, we're very similar personnel wise. Nickovich and possibly Hightower gone. Long and Sheard gone. All that $ to Gilmore has left NE with terrible depth in that front 7 and a leadership void. We can really end up whooping that D.

Edit- Al Michael's, not Jim Nantz,apologies

Edited by JerseyBills

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was Cris Collinsworth who said that to Al Michaels. Al actually responded with just a small, nervous laugh; I don't think he wanted to touch that comment and rightly so because it was pretty lame in a 'kick a team while they're down' sort of way. I personally think Cris usually does a pretty good job with the color commentary but he does seem to shine Brady & Belichick's shoes possibly out of the desire to have his own Super Bowl ring.

However, if the Bills wish to no longer be dissed then they need to earn respect.

That was Cris Collinsworth who said that to Al Michaels. Al actually responded with just a small, nervous laugh; I don't think he wanted to touch that comment and rightly so because it was pretty lame in a 'kick a team while they're down' sort of way. I personally think Cris usually does a pretty good job with the color commentary but he does seem to shine Brady & Belichick's shoes possibly out of the desire to have his own Super Bowl ring.

However, if the Bills wish to no longer be dissed then they need to earn respect.

It was Michael's who said it.

Then he compared Gills to Leveon Bell...

Absolutely, I know the board thinks I'm nuts but I truly believe we earn it this year, this team is all business, has the right leadership and right guys for the scheme

It was just a stupid thing to say. I imagine that he wishes he didn't say it. It's just dumb

But Michaels has been very good at what he does for a long time. He's getting old. I'm giving him a break.

The Pats have three Bills players. Hogan is average. Gilislee will help them a lot and I wish we kept him but they have three other guys. Gilmore they gambled on. They don't usually pay that much money. Satan obviously thought he was great. We'll see.

It was just a stupid thing to say. I imagine that he wishes he didn't say it. It's just dumb

But Michaels has been very good at what he does for a long time. He's getting old. I'm giving him a break.

The Pats have three Bills players. Hogan is average. Gilislee will help them a lot and I wish we kept him but they have three other guys. Gilmore they gambled on. They don't usually pay that much money. Satan obviously thought he was great. We'll see.

Satan haha.

Like I said, I think Stephon Mr Inconsistent Gilmore will turn out bad, and at least for this year has killed their depth, especially on that front 7

It was weak, but not much of a diss really and maybe not far off base. I highly doubt the Bills O manages anything close to 500 yds vs the Pats D or a similar performance to what the Chiefs had in any way.

How can you honestly say it is not far off base? The Pats have three Bills. Hogan, Gillislee and Gilmore. Hogan would be #3 or #4 at best, Gilislee is surely a backup to Shady, and then there is Gilmore who is better than our starters but may or may not be worth the money.

Hogan, Gilislee and Gilmore are better than Shady, Glenn, Incognito, Wood, Clay, Matthews, Tyrod, Hughes, Kyle, Dareus, Hyde, etc? Really? It was a gratuitous, ridiculous thing to say, and something beneath a decent guy like Michaels.

Buffalo needs to earn respect period...who cares about who said what. Winning is the only way to shut people up.

Buffalo needs to earn respect period...who cares about who said what. Winning is the only way to shut people up.

yep. in the eyes of the media, Bills are firmly entrenched as an NFL wanna be franchise. Only one way to fix that.

The Kelly era teams got butt-kissed by the media too so the Pats getting it now follows.

Time to go win some games.

Edited by jmcraig44

Michaels went for the cheap laugh. When you're a fan of a team that's been ****ty for almost two decades you need to have a thick skin. He definitely shouldn't have said it (and it's not true) but it's hardly something to be irate about.

After TD Mike had that 3 solid runs in the 2nd quarter, he praised him heavily, saying he reminded him of Bell on one run..

Gills ended up with 13 carries for 20 yards after the 16 yarder and 9 yard run. Totaling 15 for 45 yards. Impressive 3 goal line Tds, but it was clear he can't sustain production late in the game , wasn't a number 1 back here and don't see that changing...

Gilmore looked very average at best. Hogan had 25 total yards ,1 reception and 3 carries.

Funny thing is,our O is perfectly built to beat that SOFT run D ,we can do them like KC did them, we're very similar personnel wise. Nickovich and possibly Hightower gone. Long and Sheard gone. All that $ to Gilmore has left NE with terrible depth in that front 7 and a leadership void. We can really end up whooping that D.

No.

Gilmore got toasted, missed an easy tackle, dogged going after hunt on long td, making 15 mil a year. Hogan 1 catch. Mg had 3 tds but all from the 1 on 1st or 2nd down, 3 ypc, stuffed on 2 4th and shorts.

No not mad at all

Satan haha.

Like I said, I think Stephon Mr Inconsistent Gilmore will turn out bad, and at least for this year has killed their depth, especially on that front 7

ya their front 7 looks bad, like u said sheard, long, ninko all gone. They have no pash rush and cant stop the run. If hightower is out long they are really bad

How have you not accepted that the Bills are the laughing stock of the NFL? The comment wasn't accurate but I don't think it was meant to be, just a shot over the bow aimed at the our joke of a franchise. We all know how to fix the situation but the question is, will it EVER happen...

He just said what most of the posters on this board have said, I thought it was funny.