Football is back!!

Scott7975

Im pretty pumped that football is back. Even if our game is still a few days away. Wife even gave me permission to watch tonights game (she hates football.)

Who do we root for? On one hand we hate the Pats and division rival and stuff. On the other hand we need KC to lose as much as possible.

I think I am going to root for the Pats tonight as much as I hate to say it. Yes division rival but there is no chance we are winning this division anyhow. So, at least we can root for a better draft pick. Also the outside chance that the Bills are good enough to compete for a wildcard a weaker than Pats AFC opponent will already have a loss.

Who are you guys rooting for tonight and why?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im pretty pumped that football is back. Even if our game is still a few days away. Wife even gave me permission to watch tonights game (she hates football.)

Who do we root for? On one hand we hate the Pats and division rival and stuff. On the other hand we need KC to lose as much as possible.

I think I am going to root for the Pats tonight as much as I hate to say it. Yes division rival but there is no chance we are winning this division anyhow. So, at least we can root for a better draft pick. Also the outside chance that the Bills are good enough to compete for a wildcard a weaker than Pats AFC opponent will already have a loss.

Who are you guys rooting for tonight and why?

chiefs. I don't care if they win another game but I will NEVER root for the cheatirots.

I could care less about the patriots. They have nothing to do with the Bills this year other than stomping us one game and the other game with probably be meaningless to them. I expect garapolo to start week 17.

I'm pulling for the pats tonight, no question. Each loss the Chiefs have could be good for 3-5 picks higher. They directly affect us. The pats are our daddy at the moment

chiefs. I don't care if they win another game but I will NEVER root for the cheatirots.

I understand that point of view. I struggle with it to, but at the end of the day KC losing helps us the most I think.

I could care less about the patriots. They have nothing to do with the Bills this year other than stomping us one game and the other game with probably be meaningless to them. I expect garapolo to start week 17.

I'm pulling for the pats tonight, no question. Each loss the Chiefs have could be good for 3-5 picks higher. They directly affect us. The pats are our daddy at the moment

I agree.

I understand that point of view. I struggle with it to, but at the end of the day KC losing helps us the most I think.

I agree.

as much as some hope and expect the bills to lose or another team lose for draft position, that is their choice. I however root for my team to win regardless. in this case however, I despise the patsies and would/will never root for them to win.

kc can lose the next 15 for all I care but I would like to see the upset even if it is wishful thinking.

I agree.

I disagree strongly. We don't know where KC will finish and we don't even know what this management team will do with the pick.What if they don't take the player you want them to? What if every QB is on the board when the Bills pick ?( hypothetical) . Do you think they will take the right QB or take the bust? Even if four QBs are drafted high it's unlikely all will be good NFL players at that position. The fallacy of a top five pick has been discussed and disproven on this board. Only Mannings have won SBs as top five pick QBs since 1990. That's 27 years worth of QBs picked in top five. Too many variables and chances are still against the Bills getting it right. I'll take the Pats losing any game, regardless of impact on something with as many vagaries as the NFL draft . Edited by Boatdrinks

I'm rooting for you to get a divorce.

Jk bud, but really? She hates football?!

Easy. She did give him permission to watch the game.

#ballsinherpurse

I disagree strongly. We don't know where KC will finish and we don't even know what this management team will do with the pick.What if they don't take the player you want them to? What if every QB is on the board when the Bills pick ?( hypothetical) . Do you think they will take the right QB or take the bust? Even if four QBs are drafted high it's unlikely all will be good NFL players at that position. The fallacy of a top five pick has been discussed and disproven on this board. Only Mannings have won SBs as top five pick QBs since 1990. That's 27 years worth of QBs picked in top five. Too many variables and chances are still against the Bills getting it right. I'll take the Pats losing any game, regardless of impact on something with as many vagaries as the NFL draft .

Your argument is like "I don't want that 100 dollar bill because it might give me a paper cut."

Easy. She did give him permission to watch the game.

#ballsinherpurse

Your argument is like "I don't want that 100 dollar bill because it might give me a paper cut."

No. The denomination of the bill doesn't really matter, because you don't know what you are buying when it comes to the NFL draft. That's the argument. History supports this.