Football is back!!

Scott7975

No. The denomination of the bill doesn't really matter, because you don't know what you are buying when it comes to the NFL draft. That's the argument. History supports this.

Of course you don't, but I would hope we have a competent office that knows how to draft. Their pick might not be the one we use on QB. Maybe we are bad enough that we can use just ours and their pick for another player for instance. We have no idea how anything will play out. One thing I do know is the higher the pick you have the more likely you are to get a better football player.

You cant really tell me that you cant get a better football player at pick say 6 over pick say 20. You can almost always get the better football player if the GM is worth his salt. As an example an 2010 we were 1 game away from drafting Von Miller and 2 games away from being able to draft Cam Newton. Maybe they still would have drafted Dareus. Now don't get me wrong Dareus is still a great player, but I would rather have Miller and even more so Newton.

I understand your point of view though.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't know if they are competent in the draft or not, and much luck is involved as well as gut instincts . Look at draft history. The order is fools gold mostly. Yes you can get a better player in the top half of the draft most likely. The Chiefs pick isn't likely to be that high though, even with a loss to the Pats. Probably somewhere from 19-32

Edited by Boatdrinks

We don't know if they are competent in the draft or not, and much luck is involved as well as gut instincts . Look at draft history. The order is fools gold mostly. Yes you can get a better player in the top half of the draft most likely. The Chiefs pick isn't likely to be that high though, even with a loss to the past. Probably somewhere from 19-32

True enough but I still hope they fall apart and we get a better pick.

Im pretty pumped that football is back. Even if our game is still a few days away. Wife even gave me permission to watch tonights game (she hates football.)

Who do we root for? On one hand we hate the Pats and division rival and stuff. On the other hand we need KC to lose as much as possible.

I think I am going to root for the Pats tonight as much as I hate to say it. Yes division rival but there is no chance we are winning this division anyhow. So, at least we can root for a better draft pick. Also the outside chance that the Bills are good enough to compete for a wildcard a weaker than Pats AFC opponent will already have a loss.

Who are you guys rooting for tonight and why?

GO PATRIOTS! KC TANK!