SI Article- With Confidence- The Bills are Not Tanking

jethro_tull

What does this even mean?

Sammys too talented to keep on the team to build a roster? Why wouldn't a talented player like Sammy fit?

Read please...I think I explained it well enough. But if i must, SW has nothing to do with fit, it's about his next contract.

And he may very well be worth it if healthy, I am not saying I wouldn't love to have him be a BiIl. I just don't think they have the cap room at this point in time.

Edited by ricojes

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

biggest douchebag in professional supports eh, :D

you would say that,

well I gave it a try...

Dog, I'm not saying anything about who he's become/who he is now.

But it's common knowledge that Kelly was not a decent person as a young player.

Disagree obviously with the acquisition of a potential franchise QB on the horizon in '18.

Potentially, but if they aren't tanking, who are they taking and when? If they wanna trade up for a guy (and have a willing partner), they may need that extra second round pick to do so. And Sammy may not have signed here despite our offers. Maybe not picking up the option was the wrong call, but it's moot now.

What if Tyrod has a stellar year? What if he develops chemistry with Zay and Matthews (the latter could be brought back for much less)? So many potential scenarios and they are choosing the leverage of an extra high pick next year.

What does this even mean?

Sammys too talented to keep on the team to build a roster? Why wouldn't a talented player like Sammy fit?

Its not just the fit on the playing field , its the fit under the future salary cap and timing of having an elite WR when the QB positiion is unsettled. 4th overall was to high in the grand scheme of things the way McD / Beane want to build the team through the draft.

Aside from portions of our rabid fanbase, most NFL evaluators who are paid to give their opinions and many others understand the logic of the Sammy trade due to his injury history, salary cap implications cost vs benefit analysis. Reasonable people can agree to disagree with the decision but from a rational perspective it was completely justified.

Disagree obviously with the acquisition of a potential franchise QB on the horizon in '18.

What if they didn't keep Sammy on a high dollar contract extension?

potential franchise QB. possible needs to be added.

Realistically the Bills would have to bargain themselves to the hilt for the 1st selection in the draft of 18. Any selection higher than 4 and you can forget getting a possible QB with enough potential to be a franchise player.

Sources: #BrownsNFL_2017_CLEBrowns.png are expected to release S Calvin Pryor just a few days before the opener after a fight with a teammate before practice.

Hard to disagree with the thought process. The teams that are in it every year... Denver, Pitt, GB, Balt, NE. They all have a culture that requires players to buy in.

Denver, Balt won't be in it this season.

True but I think the player selection emphasized character guys more when levy was GM with jauron...

Polian drafted some hall of famers that drank, bar hopped l, partied, got busted for cocaine, were engulfed by spousal abuse rumors, etc.

Then there was this

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Darren-Woodson-Bills-lost-Super-Bowls-due-to-ex?urn=nfl,216360

The Levy HC era didn't have high character guys. At all.

That's pretty obvious. There's talking about it. Then there is doing it.

True but I think the player selection emphasized character guys more when levy was GM with jauron...

Polian drafted some hall of famers that drank, bar hopped l, partied, got busted for cocaine, were engulfed by spousal abuse rumors, etc.

Then there was this

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Darren-Woodson-Bills-lost-Super-Bowls-due-to-ex?urn=nfl,216360

Levy was somehwere between Rex and McDermott. He gave his players a LOT of freedom, way too much in my opinion but he was smart. Rex was lazy and managed by personality, get his players to play hard because they liked him. McDermott seems to be very straightforward no-nonsense guy that is well organized works his arse off and demands a lot from his players. Rex treated his players like they were his friends, Levy treated his players like they were grown responsible men, even though they always weren't

This is true no doubt but somewhere along the road he matured and has turned into an incredibly decent guy.

Just like his nephew Chad but with more talent.

Do you think Kelly competes with the likes of Mike VIck or Mike Tyson?

Or how about woman beaters, murderers or rapist?

because he drank and was high spirited?

Ever been young?

I'm in 100% so far. I want to see how the draft goes. Building to the studs require a strong foundation. I want to see if they draft receivers and defensive backs and running backs in the first round, next year. If so, they'll lose me. QB, front 7 and an emphasis on offensive line play should be number 1. If not we're wasting our time.

Do you think Kelly competes with the likes of Mike VIck or Mike Tyson?

Or how about woman beaters, murderers or rapist?

because he drank and was high spirited?

Ever been young?

In his early years, Kelly was no murderer but he was on par with say a VY. Total scum.

How does this "up to the standard" BS apply to getting rid of Watkins? Or J Williams for that matter.

IMHO the Sammy trade is going to make the Bills look stupid for the nest 5-10 years.

Edited by Dr. K

This is true no doubt but somewhere along the road he matured and has turned into an incredibly decent guy.

Just like his nephew Chad but with more talent.

Don't underestimate the effect of a good woman to straighten a guy out. Plus some tough breaks to overcome.