SI Article- With Confidence- The Bills are Not Tanking

jethro_tull

Levy was brought in for one reason - to heal the damage to fans and players - and he did that well. He was a caretaker GM.

Levy, IMO, did absolutely nothing well as a GM. Zilch.

Just winners!

I think you and I have different definitions of "winners."

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills are highly unlikely to make the playoffs even if Sammy had a huge year.

Sammy was unlikely to return to Buffalo (with a new QB probably on the horizon in 2018, and given his strainged relationship with the organization).

I believe Sammy has top talent but the Bills got something, when after this season, they may get nothing. I support the move and only time will tell if it was the right one.

Oh yeah, this could end up being a bad move. Reasonable people can agree with that but it could end up being a good move as well. If Sammy ends up being a border line pro bowl player or worse, then not having to sign him at $17M a year on a long-term basis along with maybe Gaines being a quality contributing player on the team and drafting a second rounder that ends up being a quality contributor then they look like geniuses.

This isn't even a conversation if they pick up his team option.

That was never going to happen after the last 3 years of injuries.

I don't blame them at all for not exercising the option. Maybe Sammy turns into the Larry Fitzgerald we all hoped for and the Bills look stupid, but if I was the GM, I never pick up that option. I wouldn't look back on that decision based on the evidence I'd seen.

BTW, I like Sammy a lot. He's a good guy and a stud WR. But his risk/reward made the trade sensible.

Edited by BeginnersMind