Reggie Ragland unlikely to make Chiefs debut

Bob&Doug

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is really unfortunate what happened to him. Hopefully he can recover eventually to be the same player he was capable of being before the injury. That said, I do not blame the Bills for moving on now rather than carry him for another year to find out.

Was there something more to the knee?

I mean Welker and AD tore two ligaments I believe around the December timeframe and we're both ready for next season.

Justin Houston was doing plyometric drills without a brace around 3 months after his ACL surgery.

I've had a few friends who tore theirs and none of them went past 9 months before they were fully healed.

Ragland is going on 13 months and still not fully healed.

Everyone heals differently. Some guys heal in a few months and others take a full year. For some guys, they are good enough to go after 1 year, but are not back to their full capacity until the 2nd year. I have nothing against Ragland personally and I wish him well in his career. I hope his knee heals to 100% and he can have a productive NFL career. I also hope the Chiefs do very poorly, as we now have TWO draft picks coming from them. I liked Ragland as a draft pick and think he has potential to be a good NFL player in a 3-4 defense. The Bills had two good reasons to make this trade: 1) he's a 3-4 LB and the Bills will be running a 4-3 for at least the next 2-3 years. Just not a fit. 2) he's coming off of an injury and even if a better fit for the scheme, he doesn't appear to be at 100%. He may never get back to being the player he was. Getting a mid-round pick was reasonable value under these circumstances.

Was there something more to the knee?

I mean Welker and AD tore two ligaments I believe around the December timeframe and we're both ready for next season.

Justin Houston was doing plyometric drills without a brace around 3 months after his ACL surgery.

I've had a few friends who tore theirs and none of them went past 9 months before they were fully healed.

Ragland is going on 13 months and still not fully healed.

Back in the day, the ACL was a two year injury. (see Emerson Boozer former Jets great)

Everyone heals differently. Some guys heal in a few months and others take a full year. For some guys, they are good enough to go after 1 year, but are not back to their full capacity until the 2nd year. I have nothing against Ragland personally and I wish him well in his career. I hope his knee heals to 100% and he can have a productive NFL career. I also hope the Chiefs do very poorly, as we now have TWO draft picks coming from them. I liked Ragland as a draft pick and think he has potential to be a good NFL player in a 3-4 defense. The Bills had two good reasons to make this trade: 1) he's a 3-4 LB and the Bills will be running a 4-3 for at least the next 2-3 years. Just not a fit. 2) he's coming off of an injury and even if a better fit for the scheme, he doesn't appear to be at 100%. He may never get back to being the player he was. Getting a mid-round pick was reasonable value under these circumstances.

This ^^^^^ :beer: Cheers

Edited by Bob&Doug

Back in the day, the ACL was a two year injury. (see Emerson Boozer former Jets great)

I know. When I was referring to friends of mine that tore it...I wasn't talking recently. One of my teammates in HS tore his ACL in April of 1996. He was fully participating in practice by December.

Another teammate of mine in college tore his and was back to 100% about 8-9 months later. This was around 2002.

I feel bad for Ragland....his first two NFL seasons are basically a wash because of a knee. I don't know of a knee injury taking this long....especially in 2017. Well unless there's nerve damage.

Edited by Royale with Cheese