Why are you still watching?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, point taken BUT if you are a military vet., maybe you'd see if differently. I'll never forget SB XXV! The respect shown for our country was above and beyond wonderful. I fully support the Cleveland Police for calling the team out, and not participating in the Browns pre-game activities.

They are "hired guns" but they couldn't replace their income anywhere else, so maybe it's time to man up and keep their personal life and opinions away from the field.

I'm not a vet and I have great respect for those who are, with that said.

Why would you care what those players beliefs are? They're not speaking for the majority. The're a bunch of guys that were born with athletic dispositions. Nothing more, nothing less.

They mean nothing to you or I any other day of the week besides three hours every Sunday so why should we care what they choose to believe?

Just because someone has an opinion on something shouldn't affect the feelings you have about football. These are individuals. The Buffalo Bills as an organization support the vets and the US, and that's enough.

Im comfortable enough in my skin that if someone didn't agree with my stances, religion (lack there of), ideals, etc... It wouldn't affect my day or life in any way, shape or form.

Why give them that power over you?

Edited by likei've

This isn't a sarcastic, pessimistic question. Unless they pull a miracle this year, this team isn't gonna be good. Don't get me wrong, I would be happiest person on this board if I'm wrong, and I hope I am. But logically speaking, this isn't projected to be "Our year."

That being said, why are you still watching the games? For me, it's a few things. First, when we finally turn that corner, be it this year, next year, or 17 more years, I don't want to be called a bandwagon, fair weather fan. I want to say that I saw the transition, and watched them crawl up the ladder to finally hoist that Lombardi Trophy.

This, along with it being more than just tradition. I know this is cliche here, but The Buffalo Bills are more than just 53 guys on a field. It's the experience I have with my dad. Had with my grandpa, and uncles, who passed on. My great grandfather was a season ticket holder from day one, until the day he died. Not to mention newer friends I've made, both in real life, and on this board.

Other than the 2nd half of last season where my work schedule conflicted with The Bills, I've watched games at the same bar, with the same group of Bills fans, every week. Made some awesome friends there, that I'd never know if not for the Bills. I look forward to having beers with them, and celebrating garbage time touchdowns like we just won the super bowl just because it irks the Texans and Cowboys fans on the other side of the bar.

I'm excited for this season, and every season, no matter what. Just interested in hearing your reasons for sticking with this team are.

It's still entertainment, we still have an NFL team, much like the fight between Conner McGregor and Floyd Mayweather, I knew what the outcome would be but it didn't stop me and my friends from ordering it and having a party, watching it because it was entertaining. Plus I want to see how high of a draft pick we get.... :)

I'm just old enough to remember the OJ years and the excitement of 2,000 yards rushing. I lived through the dark seventies and the 80's bring back excitement with Cribbs, Ground Chuck and squishing the fish (finally!). Playoffs returned. Then the low again of the early 80's, but when the USFL folded and Kelly cam to town, it was party time! That first AFC championship game against the Bengals, I really thought we were going. But, alas, it wasn't meant to be (yet). The Bickering Bills actually solidified the team and the GLORY DAYS of the Superbowl era were upon us. No one knew how long it was going to last. Many, including me, thought that first Superbowl loss was our last appearance in the big show. Nope. Three more and even if we didn't win it, that time was SO damn special.

The '99 game against the Titans should have been ours. We had it won and as many have recently pointed out, our defense that year would likely have caused a lot of havoc against the Rams. We might have won that game. I still say if Flutie starts, we win. Many here hated him - I don't care. The guy was a gamer and found a way to win. Rob Johnson had no business on the field that day.

The drought years have been frustrating because there have been moments that appeared to bring us back to relevance, but somehow we always faltered.

But, at the end of the day, I love the Bills - win or lose. I get a lot of grief over my love of the Bills, but they are my team. I grew up in the Town of Tonawanda and will never shy away from my roots or my Bills.

The Ringer gives the Jets #32 and the Bills #31 preseason rankings.

How could one not get goosebumps waiting to tune in?

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/9/4/16243646/preseason-power-rankings-part-one-jets-bills-49ers

The last year of Losman was mine. Not a single regret.

Much needed and appreciated and agreed upon.

Any time! I've got to stay positive, even when we suck I'll always look forward to the draft. Lol

I'll be watching cause I want to break the 17 year draught and believe they have just as good a chance to do it this year than any other. This isn't a super bowl team, but just getting that monkey off the back of the franchise and building towards something is a huge step in the right direction. This team has a chance to surpass expectations, finish 9-7 and squeak into a wildcard spot, IMO.

I am still watching and will continue to watch, always, because it's what I do...

And the moment we are a few minutes away from kickoff for a Bills game is still a time of excited anticipation for me.

That feeling was burned into my brain as a little kid and now @ 35 years later it is there to stay.